Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Bar Crawl Toward Dawn

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

June 20, 2013

Dr. Swift was not exactly what one would call a bar hopper, or a club goer, or really any such moniker associated with large amounts of people, alcohol, and noise. Nevertheless, he had somehow found himself not only planning on a long bar crawl from after dark until before dawn, but actually responsible for planning and organizing it. Stranger things may have happened, but if so he wasn't sure he'd ever heard of them.

It was the Summer Solstice. Like all Solstices and Equinoxes it was a time of importance to the Crone. In his studies, Dr. Swift had discovered that traditionally the Solstice was celebrated by the Circle by throwing a sort of bacchanal. They would gather all the Circle together and as many of the herd as they could. Then alcohol, loud music, proximity and sheer heat would follow in celebration of the night. As it turned out, while the Summer Solstice was a day of much celebration for the Kine, the Kindred found the shortest night of the year to be a bit off-putting. Yet, the night also has significance. Significance of lust, of battle, of ecstatic revelation. So the Circle would host the party. The young would participate and remember what it was to be mortal. The old would watch. Carefully. For this night, it was said, when the blood was up and the boasting began, Prophecy could be heard.

Dr. Swift had wanted to host such a party, but unfortunately the recent turbulence of the Circle had combined forces with the shorter nights, and it simply wasn't going to happen. So, in its place, he had decided rather last minute to find the spirit of the Solstice, even if they could not invite it in. Invitations had gone out to the two other Acolytes of his Circle with the comment to bring anyone else they thought might be interested in the Circle or even simply would enjoy the night.

The Novo Lounge, as far as Dr. Swift could tell in any rate, wasn't really much of anything when it came to the sort of thing they were going to seek tonight. It was a dance club, true. And the setting was at least attempting to be classy. A full bar and an easy cover made certain that the crowd showed up early and stayed. But still, it didn't really hold a candle to the places he wanted to visit later tonight along J Street. They would head there later, when the night was full and the crowd at its most lurid and prone to outburst, perhaps midnight or so. But Novo Lounge did have precisely one thing going for it that the other clubs did not. It was not in the Rack. The invitation directed everyone to meet here between 9 and 9:30pm, as soon after the 8:30 sunset as they could manage. Here they would begin at a lower energy level, perhaps some would hunt and feed, and then the night would begin.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy stepped into the Lounge, looking to see if he could spot a familiar face, but the only Kindred in the watering hole was unfamiliar to him. Anxiety crept up his skin, along with the knowledge that he was dressed more for a rave-styled party than this location. A Fishnet top with duct-tape Xes over the chest, and a bright white skirt wasn't exactly a safe outfit for him even at raves. Here though... 'I should have worn shorts. It's too obvious I'm a man in a skirt and someone will get angry at it. Or done a different top, maybe...'

It was too late now, though hopefully the places they hit later in the dark will be places he could blend into more. He bee-lined it to the other kindred and gave a nod in greeting. If the man was an Acolyte, he was less likely to be hostile to him than the Kine. "Hello." he gave a longing look to the bottles behind the bar, suddenly wishing he could get properly drunk. "I'm Kassidy Harrington, Lee Day mentioned this event to me? I'm surprised no one else is here yet." He fidgeted as he sat, than quickly took a hair band from one of the skirt's pockets and put his hair up out of his way and started braiding it to calm himself.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire struts into the bar within the expected timeframe, apparently enjoying how tight her black pencil skirt for the evening was very, very much. And her black leather jacket and purse complete the ensemble for the evening, as far as anyone could tell with the jacket zipped up. Apparently she didn't know how to dress down.

Picture of Outfit (Not her in it)

Seeing the familiar, rather distinctive appearance of Ms. Harrington, speaking with the less distinct but more familiar Dr. Swift, she aims her sauntering self over to them. "Will she be joining us this evening?" she asks Swift, wondering if there might be another woman in the Circle soon.

Dr. Swift himself had made at least a token attempt to dress for the evening. He is tonight without his trademarked fedora or duster. His pants are black, as usual, but denim and a bit better fit if not actually at all tight. He has on a black tee shirt that's also a better fit than his normal vaguely professor garb would allow.

When Kassidy arrives the beast within suddenly surges forward, growling at the unfamiliar predator. Dr. Swift, however, pauses only for a moment to keep his control and then offers a hand to the newcomer. "Good evening," he says with a smile and offers a hand to shake. "I'm Dr. Swift. It's early yet, but I expect we'll be a small group in any case. If Lee recommended you then you are more than welcome. If you don't mind me asking, how do you know Lee? And will he be joining us this evening?"

When Claire arrives Dr. Swift smiles and waves at her. "Good evening, Claire. Yes, I believe she will," he answers with a somewhat questioning glance at their guest. "And how are you tonight?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy gave a smile at the proffered hand and shakes it. "We were being introduced to Miss Villiers at the time. He mentioned his connection and I was curious, so asked about who I should meet.... I'm not sure if he will or not, I haven't seen him since the night after our introduction when Miss Villiers and Miss Sage gave us a tour of what we needed to know." His brows furrowed, than he shook his head. And then a familiar beast and voice had him sitting up straighter and turning with a relieved smile.

"Ms. Tunt! I didn't know we had a common interest. Yes, The evening, at least." Dr. Swift's question made him pause though. "Somewhat nervous, though better than when I first walked in."

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Claire is fine, for tonight. We're in a bar, as I believe you've noticed," she quips, taking a measure of Kassidy's outfit. She pauses, however, as she notices the... unfeminine nature of the fairly visible chest in front of her.

Well I'll just have to wonder. Moving on for now.

"So, how many more are we waiting for before we begin our festivities?"
    she offers, turning to both of them evenly but looking to Dr. Swift for an answer.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy hesitated for a moment - he was the new one here - then cleared his throat softly. "Um. I'm friends with Catherine Keyes... She might be interested in joining, if that's okay with you two?"

Belatedly answering Dr. Swift as she settles in to the scene in front of her, she replies, "I am doing just wonderfully, thank you. I hope you are as well?"

And then, anticipating that her cleared throat was possibly for some reason or other, she informs Kassidy, "I have no issue with her joining us."

...presuming we end up having a conversation instead of a stare down, this time. I'll just have to see, won't I?

Dr. Swift smiles broadly. "Very well, thank you," he says in reply to Claire's return of his question. "And good! The more the merrier I say!" He glances around the bar clearly hoping to see more come to join their little party. But a Circle can be made of any number....many or a few, or even none.

"I thought we'd start here and let those that want grab a drink before we start..." he glances at their newest addition, "Assuming your legal. We can also use the time to see if anyone else decides to join us, then we'll head out and start toward J Street."

He nods to Kassidy, "If your friend wants join us in the meantime that'd be great! I've seen her about, I believe, but I've not actually had a chance to meet," there is a very slight pause as he almost says "Ms. Keyes" but changes last minute to "Catherine. Am I to take it both you and her are just along for the ride tonight? Or are you interested in learning a bit about what we do?"

ooc

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine didn’t exactly take her time, this was one of Kassidy’s things. Sure she was interested, besides Hierophant Wooding (also Priscus and currently who knew where) had at least started talking to her about the Woven Circle. That there was a place for her if she wanted the Skald position.

Interesting enough that ‘skald’ was what she called herself, among other names, but still interesting.

She managed to find the bar after some period of walking, dressed in one of Kassidy’s dresses.

Hello, Thank you for letting me come along.” she said as she approached the group.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread