Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1305) Library Galleria

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

The Sacramento Consilium is a political body of Awakened that have occupied the River City for decades if not centuries. The history is skewed and fades easily without dutiful preservation of its events. The Mysterium prides itself on maintaining this knowledge and recording the events for future Awakened. So it is to no surprise that a ledger is seated on a wooden podium by the door as members enter.

Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, an impressive hall as part of the Sacramento Central Library, is often rented out for events such as these, though most commonly for weddings. The upper floor is a circling balcony overlooking the lower floor and is accessed by spiral stairs at the corners of the room. The expansive tri-colored terrazzo floor is inlaid with designs symbolizing parts of Sacramento decorated with a dozen round tables, each covered in tablecloth, cutlery, and dishes. They are likely for the purpose of a meal provided by a buffet line set against the side of the hall.

Lounge Music plays gently overhead on inconspicuous speakers about the hall in stark contrast to the last Consilium event held at The Rage nightclub.

A familiar bald Mage stands at the door. Well-dressed in his black tux. He smiles to each face as they pass though, noting each one with his Supernal Vision to identify them as Awakened. "Welcome, welcome, please enjoy the buffet provided. If you represent an Order or are an appointed Herald, please find your seats at the head of the room," he says with good cheer. And indeed there is a long table set there for the Order leaders to assume a position of recognition. There weren't any Councillors anymore so Heralds would have to do. That way they could spend part of the evening sharing news that would likely spread to the rest of the Cabals and keep the Consilium informed on the state of the city.
    Cast At Sanctum
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Orpheus approaches the door of the library galleria, dressed in something he was rarely comfortable wearing, formal wear. At the very least, he looked the intellectual type. Fiddling with the collars on the sleeves and neck a little, he greets his familiar cabalmate and friend Toren "Hello there Toren, man, this place is impressive!" He couldn't help but look up at the ceiling, noting how tall it was, and also noting that not including Toren he was the first to arrive.

Cast at Sanctum

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Technically in Event Threads such as these, characters arrive at generally the same time, not necessarily
    in the order they post. Just a note for further narrations.

"Hello, Orpheus," says Toren cheerfully to his Cabalmate as he enters the hall. "I know right? It's much more so in person. I'm just glad we managed to get the catering in time. Anywho, no time to chat. I'll speak with you later after we close the doors. As a Herald one of the first you can take a seat at the table at front. Make sure to sign the ledger too, please," he says, indicating the book beside him.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Noted

"Alright then, later." The Obrimos gives a small smile as he signs his shadow name onto the ledger.

moving on to the buffet line, he takes a plate, fills it with food, and takes a seat at the front table. Wonder exactly how many people are going to come, this should be interesting...

Azure contemplates whether it might be seen as a more polite sign of faith to enter the consilium unprotected, but thinks better of it. And upon failing her first attempt at a rote spell, contemplates whether it might be a bad idea to start to follow a dedication of omens. Not that she'd planned on making any sort of major commitment in this town before even arriving at Consilium or landing any lucky breaks. So she went ahead and suited up, after she'd gussied up, of course.

Cast at Sanctum

So she strolled into the consilium, except not in the sort of confident manner one would assume upon hearing the word 'strolled,' but rather in the manner of just showing up like someone who was a tad nervous about the whole thing. But she'd put on a shiny blue dress for the affair, so hopefully she'd at least look like she belonged in the swanky digs that were hosting the event. And if reviews were to be believed, of which she was generally skeptical, having phoned in a few reviews herself, Fresh Tastes was a fabulous gourmet caterer without equal. Hopefully they'd have something decent. Or at least, that wouldn't induce, or require the inducement of, vomiting. One could never tell in such eccentric circles. At least it gave her a chance to wear this nice dress.

Outfit

Noting the unfamiliar, but reasonably friendly looking face at the door, she approaches what appears to be a guest book he's standing next to. "Hello there. I'm Azure. Where do the... nobodies sit?"

Avalon
    Presence ••••
    “They sit wherever they like.” A woman said as she walked into the room, on her face there were light purple, white and blue streaks of face paint, in her blue piece-dyed hair were feathers of the hawk, raven, dove and peahen. The rest of her clothes seemed more at home in a history book, or perhaps on the grass outside of stonehenge. In one hand she held a staff carved and dyed.

She looked at Azure for a moment, a serious look on her face before her eyes narrowed just barely perceptibly.

Then she turned to Toren, “Thank you and yours for this meeting, this gathering. I hope you won’t mind if I take over for a bit.” she ask-told the Censor before retrieving a pen from her own leathers and furs and signing in the ledger in silver ink.

Avalon
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Angel of Darkness
    M

Dash had forgone the usual tank-top he wore for long sleeves, and had even managed to find a pair of jeans that weren't as stained. His poor running shoes still had the appearance that they were holding on for dear life. Entering the library he nodded to the bald dude, and signed the ledger with a rather sloppy 'X'. It took him a moment longer than it should have.

woulda looked better in spray paint, he mumbles under his breath.

He offered a polite nod to Azure, before his eyes were captivated by drawn to Avalon. Trying not to stare he gets out of the way for others to enter and finds himself a seat located equally between two exits, with his back to a wall, where he can keep an eye on who comes and goes.

Spells cast in morning w/ high Speech 24 hr duration
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-02 10:14:12 Dash rolls 3 to TE (10 Again) 4, 3, 8 1 success
    2013-05-02 10:14:00 Dash rolls 4 to TE (10 Again) 6, 6, 2, 5 failure
    2013-05-02 10:13:46 Dash rolls 1 to TD (10 Again) 8 1 success
    2013-05-02 10:13:38 Dash rolls 2 to TD (10 Again) 4, 1 failure
    2013-05-02 10:13:27 Das rolls 3 to TD (10 Again) 6, 3, 1 failure
    2013-05-02 10:13:14 Dash rolls 4 to TD (10 Again) 5, 1, 2, 6 failure

Miach

PRE

Consilium gatherings came and went, but at least, they were never twice the same. In a jungle, in a high-class hostel, in a club, in a library... Miach mused as he entered, wearing his nicest tuxedo. He nodded to Toren, and walked to sign the ledger. "Good evening Toren, how are you ?"

There were only a handful of people in the great hall, but there was a lady in a shiny blue dres he didn't know among them. Walking toward her ( Princess ), he stopped a few steps away and presented himself. "Good evening Miss, I'm Miach. I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you before ?" he started with a practiced friendly smile.

Signing her shadow name in the guest book with a pen of her titular color, Azure turns to Miach and replies, "No, I don't believe we have. I'm Azure. Nice to meet you."

"I probably shouldn't loiter in the front like this, should I?"
    she utters rhetorically to no one in particular. "And I suppose that buffet looks a bit lonely. Excuse me."

Leaving the entrance, she surveys the room as she heads towards the provender. Just a wee bit nicer than that club, it seems. And no seizure beams. Where to start...

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus hated formal wear. Absolutely hated it. He signs his name on the ledger, trying with limited success to ignore the way the suit chafed at his skin.

He likely would have worn something more comfortable if he didn't think it would earn a lecture from Gallows .

With a sigh he enters the hall proper and glances around, finally spotting Dash and settling down next to him. "Practical, I see. I guess this is your official introduction to the Consilium, then?"

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread