Ended
Watch

Cinco De Mayo in Old Town

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    M
    Mavspade

The streets were filled with streamers, hanging paper lanterns, and warm festive colors. Old Town Sacramento was in celebration for Cinco De Mayo. The local bars and establishments opened up their fronts and brought out their tables into the side walk and street, a welcoming gesture for all to come and enjoy the night. People milled back and forth from one open bar to the next, others took seating underneath the decorations in large groups of chairs and tables. In some places on the street it was hard to tell where one bar ended and the other begun. This however hardly mattered as the streets were filled with people enjoying food, drink and live music.

Jack had been on a walk by Capitol Park, learning the layout of the freehold. Now that she was apart of it she thought it best she got to know the area of it. She had been on a light jog to stretch her legs were starting to feel restless. It was just outside the park that the sounds of live music and laughter had spilled in over her Ipod.

The sun had just begun to set, and the evening was warm. Jack tugged the ear buds from her ear, "Radioactive" from imagine Dragons blared from them as she stuffed them into her blue zip up hoodie. Curiosity had over come the Hare as she made her way from Downtown into Old Town.

What is going… Jack thought stopped as she came around the corner to see the festivities being held by the local establishments.

“Score”

She smirked and begun to make her way down the street. The night was young she had some extra cash from a few odds and end jobs; why not celebrate with music, alcohol and from the smells, probably some awesome Mexican food.
    She begun to make her way to one of the bars, navigating the dancing crowed, those siting and chairs and the occasional drunk.

"excuse me, sorry. pardon me" Move it, whoops, screw you

At last she made it into the bar and placed the order that would start her night.
    Right…this is why I don’t like crowds…at least there are mojitos

S
    Saeyer

Ava emerged from a cafe near Old Town, rolling up the sleeves of the loose knit sweater she wore. Slightly oversized and full of holes that were not explicitly intended to be there, it hung off her shoulders in a way that could be read as a style but the faintly musty scent of it suggested otherwise. Fingering the plastic tab that had held the Goodwill tag to it, she tried to shift the look of absolute discontent from her face. She had heard about a regular reading, somewhere people came to run their works in progress by a live audience, but she didn't think she'd be coming back.

Its my own fault for going to 'works in progress.' Eugh. Blithely brushing off the fact that she had contributed nothing herself but felt more than justified in judging what she had heard, she set off down the sidewalk. There was nowhere else she needed to be, a simultaneously sad and exhilarating feeling, and it was a nice enough evening. No need to let a little poor verse ruin the mood.

Ambling along, thin soled shoes quiet on the pavement, she caught a whiff of something on the breeze that smelled delicious. What is that and can I eat it. Following her nose and the growing sound of general merriment, she rounded a corner and found herself in a swell of people.

Oh, right. Cinco de Mayo. She hesitated, a fairly large part of her wanting to retreat from the sudden explosion of movement and color. Going to parties or festivals alone was something she had never been keen on but, she rationalized as another whiff of food caught her, there were so many people there already, no one was going to notice her, or that she was alone.

Wiggling her way between people and almost knocking a drink out of one man's hand, she made her way through the crowd, head bobbing subtly along with the music. After a few minutes she was done with the street for a bit, ready to stand still and drink something. She scanned the places she passed and then did a double take on the Lost waiting at the bar in one of the establishments.

Decently sure she recognized that person, Ava made her way inside and, after a bit of coaxing, made her way to the bar. Not wanting to startle the other woman, who she now definitely recognized, she reached out and tapped her shoulder lightly, pulling her hand back immediately. "Jack? Hey!" She spoke more loudly than she normally would, in an attempt to be heard over everything.

It took a little doing but she managed to catch the bartender's eye and order, a good old G&T. Settling in for what she was sure would be a bit of a wait, she looked back to Jack and smiled, lips draw tight in an attempt to show as few teeth as possible, though that point was rendered moot when she opened her mouth to speak. "How are you?" Not the most dynamic conversation starter, but hopefully it would do.

I
    Irina

As Vincent stood just on the edge of the street into Old Town, he could not quite help but wonder if he was the only man currently in the United States who had never tasted Mexican food. It definitely smelled rather nice, if the scents wafting in his direction were anything to go by. His intention had been to finish his current map-creating expedition and head straight back to The Four Seasons. The general hubbub in the streets had instead urged him closer.

Vincent had never been to the Cinco de Mayo festival before and, as he stood watching everyone passing to-and-fro, celebrating, eating, drinking and generally having a good time - he wondered what else he might have been missing out on.

It was the colour and the exuberance that made the Wizened take the next step: actually passing into the throng himself to get closer to everything. Vincent slipped off his duffel coat, although the gloves remained firmly covering his hands, and began to ease his way past the people. He had discovered soon after leaving the Hedge that, in order to fully appreciate an enjoyable situation, one needed to first stand back and observe.

Vincent intended to do just that, with a cool drink in hand at the same time.

He did not recognise the two Lost, with either the Autumn or Winter Mantle; but with the knowledge that a fresh-faced member of his Court was about, Vincent did hesitantly approach the two. Despite the utter lack of snow in the area, the crunch of footsteps on a fresh frost announced the man's arrival. The Wizened didn't seek to intrude outright, instead passing along a polite, "Hello," and giving them the chance to either respond in kind or move away.

He didn't want to potentially get in the way of a girl's night out.

M
    Mavspade

Jack's bones nearly leaped out of her skin and down the block at the sudden tap on her shoulder. Her already huge eyes nearly turned to dinner plates.

Shit RIOS!

Than the voice washed over her ears and she relaxed. Ava had an incredible voice which was most relaxing to hear. Turning Jack smiled as the tension washed off.

"Ava, hey! Sorry ya surprised me"

She nods to the Nix, scooting a little down the Bar to give her some room. Her eyes landed on Ava's teeth as she spoke and she felt her stomach grip for a moment. It was'nt Ava's fault for having teeth that looked like death, but the hare had a bit of a issue with teeth. She felt the sensation run down her skin, a gnawing, a gnashing that pulled at her flesh.

Jack shock her head to wave off the sensation, luckily right as her Mojito arrived. Smiling to the bartender she grabbed the drink and looked back to the other Lost.

"Doing Peachy...you?" She glanced to her side, foot twitching at the sound of Vincent's Mantle.

Glancing to the lost she had not met yet her head tilted to the side, another Winter courtier. Giving him a pleasant nod. However the lines across his body and around his face caused her to blink, it was a bit hard to focus on at first.

"Hey there"

S
    Sasha

L’aire had never actually participated in any of the Cinco de Mayo festivities in Sac as of yet. Last May, she had just barely got into town and had been trying to get established and deal with Dorian’s antics too. She often wondered what the hell he was up to and if he went back to Vegas or found another place to wander.

Another unique thing about celebrations like this were people randomly dancing in the streets to performers scattered through Old Sac Town. That alone made it worth her while. If musicians were talented enough they could play by ear. The Winter Fairest thought similarly as she could pick it steps from first sight. There were even a couple people from Studio One there. The one’s whose primary focus were the advanced Latin dancing sessions. One or two of them turned her about in the street as she walked by. Knowing people had been still been a unique sensation, which came from staying in a place for so long. The Dancer really loved the music playing all around. It flowed through her so easily, she couldn't help but carry her steps along with it.

L’aire eventually made it to what seemed to be a happening bar. Although it made the Winter in her cringe initially as crowds gave her mixed feelings. The Dancer was wearing fitted jeans, ballet flats that still managed to accentuate her toned legs, a lime green blouse with a silver necklace. Surveying the crowd, L’aire had shockingly spotted two Winter’s there. Well, that’s interesting. Glad I’m not the only one who’s not an introvert. There was another woman there, whom she hadn’t met yet. Two Beasts, one a Nix and the other the sweet Runnerswift. Then the Wizened, with scrolling work on his arms. She hadn’t spoken to him much yet, but there was no time like the present.

If I can ever make my way through the crowded bar… gah! Flicking a hand in a wave to their general direction, she stopped to give a cordial hello to someone she saw from a dance class. The Dancer smiled despite the fact random people were bumping into her, or random hands grazed her.

S
    Saeyer

Ah, that was the response she had hoped to avoid. She supposed it was pretty much inevitable, though, and as it seemed a fleeting fright she wasn't particularly concerned. Lifting the hand she had tapped Jack's shoulder with and flashing the palm at her, she grinned lopsidedly. "Sorry about that." Taking what little room the other Beast could offer her gratefully, she missed the Runnerswift's lingering eye and brief head shake. When the drink arrived and Jack answered her question, she raised an eyebrow ever so slightly, unsure if 'peachy' was a sincere or sarcastic response. She didn't really know the fidgety Lost well enough to make an educated guess, but for now she would assume the question of sarcasm was inherent in her response and that Jack was doing fine, but could probably be better. Plus, who had ever said they were 'peachy' with real sincerity? That drink might help.

"Oh, alive and well, figuring things out as I go. Some of the places down the street smell delicious, so I think I'll be much better soon." Accepting her own drink with a smile and a modest tip, she leaned back over the bar and asked for a stirring straw. "I know it sounds silly, but please?" Tiny black straw in hand, she tucked it into her drink and sipped from it, shrugging sheepishly. It was silly looking, but if she actually wanted to get what was in that cup into her mouth, this was the quickest, cleanest way.

Ears picking up Vincent's presence before she saw him, Ava turned and regarded him curiously. Had she seen him before? ... No, no she hadn't. But Winter Mantled as he was, he might be one of Jack's compatriots. Tiny straw still tucked into the corner of her mouth she glanced between them, looking for a spark of recognition. Oh... maybe she was here to meet someone. Well, if she is, my G&T and I will find a nook or cranny to spend time together in. Eyes on the patterns on his skin, though trying not to stare, Ava smiled invitingly. "Hello. Do you two...?" She waved a hand between them vaguely, before she caught a movement out of the corner of her eye.

There was a third Winter! Wow, she's gorgeous. Almost certain she was now intruding, she looked back to Jack. "Am I interrupting?"

M
    Mavspade

OOC

Jack glanced to L'aire who seemed to be having some issues getting through the crowd. Than again the Fairest likely drew lot of attention in public. For a moment Jack was thankful that she didn't deal with that alot. Not that she was anti social, but she did enjoy a little bit of space.

Can't be good food and music I guess. Even brings out the winters and Autumns.

"Er no, not at all. actually surprised as you are...But pleasantly so. Ya know having company." She sipped her drink than waves to L'aire just encase she had not spotted them.

"hey Sasha!"
    She was normally not that loud but if she wanted the Fairest to hear her she had to jump out side of the comfort zone. Her attention returned to the Nix, taking a sip from her Mojito.

"Yeah the sound and smell dragged me out here....hows settling in going?"
    Jack had figured Ava as new from the Spring Coronation but the two hadn't really talked much...so might as well start some where right.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

OOC

Jason felt his eyebrows twitch in annoyance as he realized his "guide" had taken him to a festival of some kind rather than a city landmark, as requested. Perhaps it's just on the way to... where? Where the hell are we? He was about to ask just that very question when he realized his companion was gone. With a snarl of anger, Jason soon realized the twenty-something dollars that had been in his pocket were also gone.

Under normal circumstances, navigating a city-scape wasn't an overly difficult activity. In fact, a good portion of Jason's life had been him running through urban areas for one reason or another. Whether it was running from bullies as a child or chasing suspects as an adult, Jason had grown accustomed to navigating concrete jungles. However, Sacramento presented a unique challenge. Memories from the life he had lived before his Durance, muddied and confusing as they were, kept popping up whenever he tried to get a sense of direction in the city. Childhood perceptions of the city, no longer relevant or coherent, kept forcing their way into his head and the task of re-learning the city layout a painfully difficult chore. Hence the "guide" who had made off with the Beast's money.

Under normal circumstances, tracking down an individual through a crowd would be a veritable walk in the park. It had been one of the Hunterheart's primary jobs in Faerie, after all. However, the combination of garish colors, blaring Spanish music, and the prolific scent of alcohol, made this a singularly difficult task. Stalking a particular through a throng of similarly dull-suited businessmen in an urban landscape filled with the music of car horns in rush-hour was a significantly different experience. At least a car horn was just unintelligible noise that could be blocked out easily, but this... this many voices all at once made the Beast reluctant to try to track anyone down, stolen cash or not.

Thankfully, it seemed he wouldn't a guide anymore. There were Changelings nearby. That much was readily apparent. Even in a district of festive assaults on the senses, Jason could distinguish Changelings from humans. There were a few at a bar... at least two Winters. Jason's eyebrow twitched again. The aura of cold that seemed to come off of them made it somewhat evident what Court they belonged to. He wasn't especially fond of the Winter Court, but... regardless of Court affiliation, Changelings were still Changelings and finding Changelings had been his main goal since coming to the city. I just wish it were under different circumstances. The question is... should I approach them or just wait for them to come to me?

Jason was standing roughly 20 feet away from the bar in question, amid a few people celebrating the festivities. His tattered, brown leather jacket and blue jeans made him stick out like a broken thumb and his Mien certainly wouldn't do him any favors in the looks department. A few people were already inching away since Jason didn't appear to be in a festive mood, which he wasn't, and thus he began to stick out even more. He simply shrugged. Even if I don't approach them, their bound to notice me eventually. Unless they're blind. I may as well wait for one of them to come to me. Not like it makes any difference.

S
    Selena

L'aire gets a phone call just as she began to enter the bar.

L'aire exits scene.

Vincent Labyrinth also exits the scene separately.

S
    Saeyer

Ava had just finished nodding in agreement to Jack's comment about how pleasant it was to have company when both Vincent and L'aire took their leave. She blinked in surprise, but shrugged and tucked the straw back into the corner of her mouth, taking a sip.

"Its going. Nothing to complain about, really. I feel like I still haven't met hardly anyone, but that's mostly my own fault." She still needed a job, but who didn't; that was hardly going to be a fruitful topic of conversation. At least she had a stable place to stay, now. Taking another small sip, she wanted this drink to last, she asked, "How about you? I don't recall where you moved here from; was it a large move?" After doing little more than hop here, she felt there was little excuse for her own slow approach to familiarizing herself with the city.

Enjoying a chance to stop and chat to someone, she hadn't been paying quite as much attention to the people around her. As someone, frustrated by the lack of space, brushed against her in an attempt to get to the bar, she took a moment to resituate herself. In the process she caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye and did a touble take on the tall, fairly intimidating man standing a short ways from the bar.

Is he... looking at us?

He was clearly a Changeling, but not one she had ever met before. Her eyes started at the top of his head, with the matted hair - is that blood? - and took in the harsh curl of his lip, unphased, at least, by the teeth. While it was not in her nature to recoil from other predators, this man gave her pause. His imposing stature coupled with the look of utter dissatisfaction made her sympathize with those that had begun to edge away from him. Realizing she had now been staring for too long to look away and pretend she hadn't noticed him, she sucked it up and raised her glass to him, with what she hoped was a friendly smile on her face.

Glancing back to Jack with the same smile, sort of like it just got stuck there, she asked, "Okay, asking this again - do you know that person?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.