Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

"In that we are in agreement, on both counts," replies the young Lord, stuffing his hands into his pockets leisurely. He was pleased that Erich was quick-witted in his reply. Not just another pretty face. "You don't think the horns are a bit much? Maybe they suit me too well." He laughs, short and light-heartedly.

A cursory glance around them, Chase notices Aileen among the damned, clad as a demoness. "Though at least I'm not alone in my choice of attire," he adds privately to Erich.

When Robert approaches the neonates, Chase grits his teeth and his brow narrows at the sensation of another invasive Beast joining their company. Familiar though, this one. Suppress that urge to rend and tear. The grit became a smile again. "Doctor, a pleasure. And my thanks, though it is hardly worth congratulations. If anything you might notice less competition from us Dragons in the Communal Hunting Grounds. Still, I was pleased to see the Hierophant make it to the finals. It was a pleasure to witness such artful exchanges in the debates."

Turning back to Erich he adds, "And from your speech as well, Mr. Passions. You've earned quite the reputation since then." There was nothing snide in the comment, though Chase had heard the man's name far more often since that Court.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I think the horns suit you fine..." Ashley says as she approaches the trio with a smile adorning her lips. Her beast begs for freedom to indulge its dark desires and Ashley just pulls upon its chain tighter.

She draws close to Erich, as she presses her body up to his and tip toes to whisper into his ear. "Rawrrr..."

Looking between the three for a moment, she decides to ask. "Who in the hell is buying first round?"
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Angel of Darkness
    M

"Mr. Ankers, I suspect my showing at the debates earned me more infamy than anything else. But as they say, 'the only bad press is no pres at all'."

Erich looked at the Lord with a knowing smirk.

His attention turned, drawn to the entry of the Duke and Duchess, offering the two a polite bow when their gaze happened in the group's general direction.

Straightening he turned to Ashley. Her beast was familiar, but that made him feel no better. She made the Shark feel fear, an emotion the beast did not like. He told the whining fish to shut up.

"Name your poison. I'll be happy to supply the first round." He winked at the Carthian.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Chase was doing fine in the company of rivals, though he cringed at the sudden appearance of Ashley Cohen. Her Blood echoed some great predator therein. Even with red lights about he could see the red flags going off in his cautious mind. But he would make a poor devil indeed if he succumbed to such cowardice.

He visibly relaxes. "Speaking of fine," quips the Lord to his lovely cousin as she enters their small circle. "Good to see you sporting your golden locks once more. And another unique ensemble to accentuate your elegance, trθs chic," flattered Chase, hoping to appease the eldest among them.

With no envy he watched as Ashley moved to Erich's side, curious about the whisper. "Too true," he replied in answer of Erich's statement. Chase was not partial to drinking anything that didn't pump from a heartbeat, but he would yield in present company, especially if Erich was footing the bill. Besides, it felt good to hold a glass at a party. "So what is the next headline I'm to expect in your press releases, Mr. Passions?"

Dr. Swift contains the urge to flinch as a stronger beast makes an appearance, and as several more begin arriving at the club. He pauses a moment to bow his head respectfully as the Alder Prince arrives and passes their group on his passage through Hell.

He smiles at Mr. Anker's reply to his congratulations. "Well, certainly we will all benefit from a more even distribution of feeding pressures. I was also pleased to see the Hierophant do so well. He and Regent Heinz did make for an entertaining evening as well as a productive one."

He glances over as Ms. Cohen joins them. "Ah, Ms. Cohen, we met at the library some time ago, yes? I trust the evening finds you well?"

Dr. Swift, having not yet been formally introduced to the infamous Mr. Passions also glances to him, "Mr. Passions, I am certain it comes as no surprise that I am already familiar with your name, if not you personally. I am Dr. Robert Swift," he extends a hand in greeting, "I don't expect my name is quite as well known as your own."

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Any poison will do...Surprise me." Ashley says cheerfully as she glances around. She pays her curtsy of respect to the Prince when she notices him before her attention falls back to the others.

"Thank you Mr. Ankers." Ashley's eyes divert to Dr. Swift when the Savage speaks her name. She nods softly in agreeance. "Things have been well enough and I trust the same for you Mr. Swift?"

Social Combat

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich was in a happy place, despite being so close to so many beasts. Especially those unfamiliar to him, the doctor was causing quite a stir in him. The Shark smiled at those around him.

"Mr. Ankers, you'll be seeing some press coming from my camp very soon. I've purchased quite a bit of land in Rosemont-Mather and begun work on my Country Club. The Grande Ball Room will be open for business shortly, ready to host events. Not long after that the clubhouse will be up and running, then by next spring the golf course will be open for play. We anticipate to begin booking tee times in the next few months. My hope is that the prestigious location will be booked out at least six months in advance."

Turning to the Doctor, Erich accepts his hand with a firm, gracious shake. Shut up you damnable creature.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Dr. Swift. What is your area of expertise, if you don't mind my asking?"

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"Ah, a country club. That should serve as a delightful distraction," remarked Chase casually. So Erich intended to go ahead with that idea that he expressed during the debates. Really there was nothing wrong with The Lily as a venue for high-cultured gatherings, but more locations for Kine to gather could not hurt, could it?

"You know I attended a night-golfing event some time ago right here in Sacramento. It was a quaint idea. Glow-in-the-dark golf balls and outdoor lighting. If you hope to host the games for your fellow Kindred that might be advantageous. I'm sure Albert Sawyer would be thrilled. He's all about recreational games. And the Reeve has a mean pitch, if I might say so." Though after the his golf game with the Herald he was sure that she would likely not attend. Chase feared he may have discouraged her interest with their excursion.

Glancing to Ashley, Chase wonders if Erich was surprising her by not actually getting her any drinks.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Golf..." Ashley cannot help but show her amusement. Boys and their games...

"It seems like most of the business will go on during the day. So pray tell, what sort of ideas do you have to draw in people for the evening hours..." Ashley could definitely see some events running towards midnight, but it is hard for her to wrap her mind around what a golf course would do from dusk til dawn.

Social Combat

Dr. Swift's expression freezes for a moment as Ms. Cohen addresses him as 'Mr.' Was that a deliberate slight? A comment on my Clan's infamous curse even?! No, calm, maybe just an honest mistake....though I had just introduced myself. And now if I correct her I'll sound like one of those doctors who pretentiously insist on their title, but if I don't she'll be able to get away with the slight.... If he was still mortal and needed to breath he would sigh. This was exactly why he hated politics.

As the thoughts troll their way through his brain -- and the beast within lobbies for solving complex issues with immediate violence -- the doctor's smile doesn't falter, but his brow furrows and his eyes narrow slightly. With Mr. Passion's question he attempts an indirect means of dealing with the situation.

"Um, archaeology. I received my doctorate from Stanford before my embrace," he keeps his attention turned to Mr. Passions but glances briefly and sidelong at Ms. Cohen as he continues, "So I promise the title is legitimate."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread