Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1305) Matt and Alexander

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    j
    jehboi

Alexander laughed at the rhyme. His mouth may haved smiled, but his eyes were intensely somber.

"No, I am not a Carthian Mr. Grim" the laughter fled his voice and he spat the name of Covenant that had killed his Prince.

"As to which covenant I serve, let me ask you...."

Alexander turned, facing Matt completely, affording him his full attention and the full measure of his amber gaze.

"Do you ever wonder why Mr. Grim? Why you are so" Alex casually gestured to the vampire's face, "...afflicted? Why you are so filled with darkness, consumed from within by some monster?"

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt would stare out of the corner of his eye, the orange irises focusing clearly on Alexander now as he asked his question.

"Every night, when I get up"

He'd shift his head now towards Alexander to give him his full attention, bending over and placing his elbows on his knees while folding his hands like he usually did when he sat.

"I don't exactly view it as a curse though, more like a small price to pay. For the gift I was given, I still don't understand why but It saved me that day"

His glare would shift back towards everyone else with a grin on his face, thinking about the things that happened that one faithful night. The pool of blood, the face of his sire, and the amount of pain that was flowing through his body. Were playing through his mind like an old film.

j
    jehboi

"It is not a gift Mr. Grim" Alexander says softly.

He grips his Beast tight, pulling in the dark emotions that scream for him to savage his new 'friend'. The blackness envelops him like a cloak.

"Nor is it a curse mind you." he reaches out, making to set his hand on Matt's shoulder, but at the last moment pauses.

"It is the work of God. We, the Sanctified, the Lancea Sanctum rejoice in this knowledge." the Daeva's voice is soft, but reverant, it was the voice one use in Church... or maybe a library.

"We can help you to understand, to give meaning to it all Mr. Grim" a winning smile, heavily weighted with the promise of more.

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

"Than what you and I consider a gift are probably completely different"

He wasn't too religious in life, but what Alexander had said got him thinking a little bit. If blood sucking monsters that can only come out at night can exist, then what about god? Could god possibly exist and have done this to him as some sick method of bringing him over to the light or something along those lines? Or maybe god was giving him this as a way to make up for the shit that's gone on in his life? He really didn't know what to think, moving his head down to the ground to stare at it for a moment. He would begin to think about his sires words, and what they meant.

Could this of been what he was talking about?

Staring blankly out for a moment, Matt would move his gaze back to Alexander

"Then what is it, If you don't mind me asking? And what exactly is the Lancea Sanctum"

j
    jehboi

At first Alexander feared he had lost the Nosferatu, like so many before that had refused to step into God's shadow. His Beast tightened its hold around his chest, dark tendrils digging into his dead flesh – tense, preparing to strike. But then his conversing partner appeared to loose himself in thought, and he questioned.

The questions rekindled Alexander's hope. And sated his Beast. For the moment.

”It is the Hand of God Mr. Grim. And it is Damnation. Beautiful, ugly” he flashed Matt a wicked smile, ”We all share on thing in common. We are sin made flesh.”

”The Lancea Sanctum recognize that we are Damned by God himself, we accept this, but know that it is with purpose. We are God's wolves. We exist to remind the kine of what will happen should they stray from His light.”

Alexander paused, observing Matt carefully, then confessed one of his many sins, ”When I last sat beneath the sun, I was a sodomite, a vain perversion. What is your sin Mr. Grim?”

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt really didn't know what to think, what sort of sin could he have possibly done that would of made god curse him.

Oh that's right, god probably doesn't have a huge love for that sort of thing.

"Sin made flesh huh? Well, simply put I really did enjoy beating the fuck out of people. Especially the punk"

Matt would seem to stop for a moment after saying punk, and think about something else for a moment before smilng wide revealing his teeth.

"I mean prideful bitches, as someone once told me. And in my opinion they all fucking deserved it, though from the sounds of it God might not have liked my handy work huh?"

j
    jehboi

A broad toothy grin split his face from ear-to-ear as Matt 'confessed' to him. And there was always something to confess.

”God may not have appreciated your methods Mr. Grim, and for that you are Damned do you understand? But as you 'beat the fuck' out of those guilty of the sin of Pride, He did see something of value...” Alexander reached out with a delicate finger and touch the Nosferatu most carefully on the breast, ”The perfect predator - a Beast.”

As he withdrew his hand, the last hiss of the word Beast hanging in the air, Alexander allowed Matt time to think over his words before adding:

”I do not expect you to accept my words in some flash of Holy revelation Mr. Grim. But consider them carefully, and if you would like I would be more than happy to talk with you more about the great joy that can be found in serving the Predation to the fullest.”

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt would be a little uncomfortable, as Alex moved his hand towards him and touched him. But what he was saying did make a little sense, even though it sounded fucking crazy. But hey it couldn't have been too far fetched, and perhaps this is what his Sire was talking about the entire time. The words kept ringing in his mind, over and over again. And he thought that maybe, this was the Path he was talking about. It made sense to a certain extent, and at the same time. The man promised to help him understand his role in the world so from the sounds of it, it couldn't be that bad. Moving his glare towards Alexander now from his bent over position on the chair he would turn his head and focus his gaze completely on him now, giving him his absolute full attention.

"Please, go on"

His voice, quiet yet serious ready to take in whatever Alexander was going to tell him.

j
    jehboi

There were three things that satisfied Alexander's undead existence: vitae (of course), the hunt of vitae (who doesn't like a good chase), and evangelizing (rejoice!).

At that moment, the effect of the last shone through his expression in near fervent excitement. That and the sudden docility of his Beast. Despite the proximity to the other monster it began to slumber as Matt at listened to what Alex was preaching, at least for the moment.

”We are not like the other Covenants. We accept that there is no salvation for us, we are wicked, and we are Damned. There is not Golconda, no escape. This is the first step to Sanctification, accepting that you are Damned. But that does not mean we exist without purpose.”

Alexander's eyes burn with conviction as he spoke and watched his companion's reactions.

”We are the bump in the night. The terror under the bed. The hungry darkness that drives the kine into His light. For we are not holy, we are not blessed, we are sinners, and whores, and murderers: we are His Beasts.”

In his enthusiasm, Alexander gripped his prayer beads tightly, the jagged metal bit into his undead flesh.

”We strive to perfect the predation, to be the perfect predator He Damns us to be, as is ordained in our most holy scriptures. Who better to hunt the vile, the corrupt, the... prideful punks; so that they may understand the true ramification in sinning before God? Tell me Mr. Grim, does any of this have any meaning for you? Does it speak to your... inner-monster?”

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt would simply stare at Alexander as he went on his little rant, something about them being vampires, beyond redemption, cursed by god. Blah blah blah. Jesus this guy could probably write a book on how poetic he was trying to be. His eyes were quite glazed over during Alexander's whole rant, that was until He brought up the part about being the bump in the night, and the thing that drives people back into the light. His eyes would seem to widen at that part as he took it in.

"Sounds quite nice, honestly. I never really cared about salvation honestly, infact I never thought about it once since I became this way. I just understood that I was probably stuck this way and there was no turning back"

He'd move his hand towards the sleeve of his hoodie pulling it up a bit to reveal his forearm, the many veins inside of it could be clearly seen as they weaved their way throughout his body.

"And it does quite a bit honestly, it seems to fit everything I was looking for. I've always hated it when those in a position of power abused their position, especially the ones who think they're high and mighty and act as if though they are god himself"

Matt would bring his hand up to his chin and scratch at the bottom of his goatee, before smiling.

" I knew a lot of people like that, and in life I wanted to become that instrument. The one that took those bastards down, make them feel lower than dirt. And one day I tried to take on someone too big, and I almost got put down. Until I was given this"

Moving his arms up to the sky, Matt would stretch himself a bit, the sound of his bones cracking a little bit could be heard as he moved.

"It sounds quite nice compared to what some of these other Covenants have offered, I was never really interested in political gain. Or say a position of power, I simply want to put down the people who abuse their power and grow my abilitys that my condition afford me"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread