Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Specimen

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

O-Yama awakens from dreams of battle, and for a time he doesn't recognize he's awake. He can't see a thing, and the images in his head are so vivid.

Dream images, he realizes. Torpor dreams.

He hears voices, muffled. Further away, also muffled, he hears whimpering.

"The new one's awake, the one that survived beta test." A woman's voice. "That old one's blood worked."

"How can you tell?" says another voice, that of a man. "They don't have any vital signs... it's creepy."

"I saw its hands clench," the woman says. "Go tell Archer."

As his awareness returns, O-Yama realizes he is bound to a hard surface, held down at ankles, thighs, wrists, waist, across his chest and upper arms and, finally, by something around his neck. There is something in his mouth, something solid. The imgage that comes to mind is a bit, as one might put in a horse's mouth. There is something over his eyes as well, both the one that functions and the socket of his missing eye.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Nuh wah? Oll wah? Ell Arhur?" O-Yama questions, but his words are muffled.

I fell to them... damnitt, I fell to them, and now they have my captured here. Did no-one come to my aid? No, they tried, I felt my phone buzz, they must have simply not made in time..... there looking for me, I just have to get out of this damned restraint, and inform them of my location... I MUST get my daisho back, there will be blood....... O-Yama thought all this in the matter of a few moments. He began thrashing against the restraints for a moment, before giving up, hoping that his captors would atleast give him sight back. He would play the captured pet for now, but one slip, and the fangs would come out.

"Save yourself the trouble of thrashing around," the woman's voice says. O-Yama can hear her more clearly, knows she is closer. "Those bonds have been tested against your kind, and none of the ones we've tested them against so far have managed to do anything other than hurt themselves trying to get free."

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Con you taye dis ucking fing oww o' mah mouff?" O-Yama says, seemingly calmed down completely.

He lats still, and raises his chin ever so slightly, biting at the bit in his mouth. Not had, but just enough to let the womans voice understand what he is talking about, if his speech was too unintelligible. His body is relaxed in the restraints, still corpse still.

"No, I won't be doing that," she says. "It will be removed soon enough. Someone is going to have some questions for you. Meanwhile, just sit tight. Not that you have a lot of other options, I suppose."

O-Yama hears the fading-into-the-distance clicks of someone in high heels walking away, and then he's left with no sounds except for the hum of electricity and machinery, and someone sobbing some distance away.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama cocks his head, turning it what little he may be able with the restraint on his neck, to attempt to face the sobbing. "You kindruh?" He asks, not overly loud, but making sure the sobbing person would atleast hear him.

If it wasn't kindred, then it would have no idea what O-Yama was talking about, if it was, then he just might have an ally here.

O-Yama finds he has less than 1/4 inch of leeway to move his head, as moving any further brings the sides of his face in contact with something sturdy and metal. As far as he can tell, something sturdy is strapped over his eyes, and he guesses it is probably padded to fit tightly against his face, as no light seeps in at all.

The sobbing individual - kindred or otherwise - does not respond to O-Yama's muffled words.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama figured the sobbing person is too far gone, or maybe just weak. He tries once more to make contact with him, yelling slightly, as best that his muffled mouth can.

"Issen to me, oww ong you been tuck in ear? Ah you kindruh?"

The sobbing abruptly stops. O-Yama hears a sing-song voice.

"'Tis only us ghosts,
    He cannot hear.
    We speak because
    To us he's dear.
    If you can break
    Your bonds, he's near,
    But watch out for the stake.
    Good sir, do fear!"

At that point, O-Yama hears a hissing sound, followed by the sounds of approaching footsteps, including the distinctive click of the heels worn by the woman who spoke earlier.

A man's says "Someone put a gag in that one. Its doggerel gives me a bloody headache. Then uncork our new arrival, and let's see what we can get from him." The man has a British accent, and by his voice, O-Yama would guess him to not be a young man.

Kharn

O-Yama listens to the words spoken intently, for he cant do much else. If he interpreted the kindred correctly, they had brought them here to garner information. The last line of the little ditty made him smile, he knew fear, not his own, but he knew what fear could do.

He then hears the click-clack of the womans heels, and the words of the man, he understood that they had meant him. He leaned his head forward, just fractions of an inch, all the give his retraints allowed, to allow them to "uncork" him.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread