Ended
Watch

Into the Wishing Well (Lou and L'aire)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

Lou's closet door opened up into a small cave. There was absolutely nothing impressive about it. It was about the size of a small studio apartment, completely bare, save for a single blue duffel bag laying against the rear wall. What seemed to be the cave's mouth was covered by a large, flat stone that served as a makeshift door to keep unwanted hedge-creatures out.

"Well, this is it, " Lou said as he stepped in, hand-in-hand with the dancer. "Like I said, it's not much. But we can work on it... I mean, if you want to."

Lou smiled an awkward, but genuine smile.

S
    Sasha

The Dancer had her own Hollow, which was small, and she didn’t really do much with, especially lately. L’aire wasn’t concerned about it’s size either. It actually reminded her of her living room where she danced in at random. The only reason she couldn’t have Lou over was that her ceilings were low. Dancing hunched over would have sucked immensely.

“Oh but it’s enough.” The Fairest grinned, her hand still in Lou’s but only till she released it to walk across the floor. Sliding and tapping her feet here and there. “I’ve never needed much anyway.” As L’aire had learned over time.

“Just as long as it’s smooth and flat.” The Dancer said as she walked around the perimeter slowly. It was something she’d grown accustomed to doing and committing a surrounding to memory. Turning she eyed the stone floor. “We wouldn’t want to turn an ankle or trip of course.” She chuckled a little.

“Oh music wouldn’t be a bad idea. Though it will be a bit of a challenge.” Her head tilting thoughtfully. “We’ll need something to crank.” The Dancer’s graceful hand rolling in front of her. “Like a music box or older record player. Plus those record players have a conversion needle. And they’ve republished newer albums to record.” She’d pulled her hands together at that point and rubbed them with a little excitement. Hopefully her elaboration of the record player would have indicated her preference. "This is great though. Your own private lessons, huh?" L'aire grinned to the pearly Draconic.

And the Dancer did happen to notice one other thing. Turning to the tall fiery eyes of Lou she asked. "What's in the bag?"

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou was very excited that his humble little cave would be enough for the two to work with, and smiled softly as the Dancer indicated as much.

"A record player..." Lou repeated aloud, as L'aire went over the specifications for the music they needed. He was somewhat disappointed that they'd need more to get started, but he didn't want to wreck the good spirits they were both in. "Maybe we can find one in an antique shop somewhere? I don't think they sell them anymore."

Lou shrugged in uncertainty. "But yes, private lessons will be great! I'm glad you're willing to do it. I don't know much about dancing, but it's a good way to see if I like it."

When L'aire inquired about his bag, the Draconic's eyes went wide for a split second before he waved his hand in dismissal.

She's not here to steal from you Louis!

"It's just my cash. I don't like money I can't see, so I don't keep it in the bank."

S
    Sasha

“Yup, a record player. Yeah I know a little…okay a lottle old fashioned but since electronics don’t work well around here.” L’aire gave a little shrug. “And other than Rook, I don’t know anyone who plays an instrument. But for now you may have to listen to the sound of my voice.” The Dancer laughed a little. It was too bad Tobias wasn't around anymore. He would have probably volunteered.

“Well, counting or humming that is.” Smirking with a gentle shrug.

“And hopefully that isn’t a deterrent from liking dancing.” L’aire half chuckled.

The Fairest was assuming it was gym or work out clothes, and now she wasn’t sure she should have asked. Great, now I’m going to end up staring at it for no reason at all. Or end up staring at him and give him the wrong impression. Catch 22 lovely. L’aire was perhaps the last person that cared so strongly about money that she’d steal it. After all, it was stuff like that which stole her mother away in a manner of speaking.

Shrugging and shaking her head. “Oh, I thought it was work out gear or something.” Her violet eyes returned to Lou in a manner that was locked onto him for the same reason she thought seconds ago.

“Do you want to start with a few things right now?” L’aire asked with a look of readiness in her frame. She stood center to the Hollow room, in a pose that looked like she could suddenly move in any direction.

C
    C_Lloyd

"L'aire, I don't think I could ever get tired of hearing your voice. I don't see how it can be a deterrent." Lou did not blush as he normally when saying things like that. The Dragon was getting far more comfortable hanging out with L'aire. She was in one of his most private of places now. What was there to be concerned about?

He simply shook his head in regards to her misplaced thoughts about his cache. There was nothing else to say about it.

"But yes, I wouldn't mind starting now. I figured you'd need to wait or make more preparations, so if we can do some basics now, I'd be really thankful."

S
    Sasha

“You’d be surprised.” L’aire muttered without thinking. Sometimes the crap with Lorenzo snuck up without warning. Despite another giving her more confidence lately, the past spilled out in tidbits here and there. Again, she found herself fixated on the other opalescent Fairest not wanting to look at the bag by accident. Then again upon his first arrival in the Freehold, L'aire recalled she couldn't help but let her eyes catch him then either.

Motioning the tall and Regal Draconic toward her with a crooked finger, L’aire shook her head. “I’ve gotten use to working with what is around me. So not to worry, I can improvise.” The Winter Fairest’s smile beamed and perhaps radiated a little from her Mein’s subtle snow like glow.

“Just for a point of reference, do you have a goal of a type of dance you’d like to learn?” When the Fairest spoke of dancing, her speech was natural if not routine. Unlike any other conversation she had, there was a lot of confidence in her voice. “You know, something to work up to?”

Suddenly, L’aire realized she hadn’t asked, and if she had, she probably forgot. “Um, Lou have you danced with someone before?” Her arms slightly outstretched and her hands open palms upward ready to receive his. Shit I hope that didn't seem rude.

"If you have, please take a position you're familiar with." The Dancer quickly added.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Hrm. No, " Lou said, frowning slightly, more in thought than in being upset. "I sort of assumed you are a Ballerina, so I thought that's what you'd want to teach. But I'd also be happy learning ballroom dancing - maybe a waltz?"

When L'aire held out her hand and asked about previous dancing partners, Lou looked at her blankly for a moment and smiled, before replying with a simple "No." Perhaps the dancer didn't understand when he said he didn't spend time with people, or she assumed that Lou was exaggerating. Regardless, it was nothing to get upset over. He just wanted to move on.

He took L'aire's hand gently, and held it where it was, tilting his head to the side, awaiting instruction.

S
    Sasha

“Well, you’re partially right. I started out in Ballet.” L’aire hesitated slightly before continuing. “And… then came the other steps I learned from Him and some I picked up later.” The Winter hoped her inflection on one particular word would give him an indication of something more. She wasn’t even sure it was learning when it was not entirely voluntary. The Dancer wasn’t even sure why she offered the Draconic that information. It wasn’t something she was hiding, after all they were both taken into Arcadia.

L’aire’s eyes averted from Lou as they stood. Shit I keep fucking things up. “Sorry... I didn’t want to assume.” Instantly feeling horrible about mentioning it at all. “I keep saying the wrong thing…” The Winter felt her face flush for a moment.

Surprised that Lou’s hand was gentler than she had imagined it, even when she’d held it while stepping into his Hollow. Twice didn’t seem to be an accident. “Hmm, what would you say to maybe a simple Salsa to start?” Still not looking up, and focusing on the placement of her feet to his.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Oh."

That was as much as Lou could put into words to sum up his thoughts about L'aire's subtle revelation. He was somewhat shocked - the Draconic has gone out of his way to avoid everything to remind him of his Keeper and the Durance he was made to endure. Yet here was L'aire, still dancing, despite the fact that it seemed to be the focus of her very Durance.

If she was strong enough to do that, why couldn't he be?

"No need to apologize, "
    Lou gently reminded the Dancer, a comforting smile on his face. "You're fine. Let's Salsa."

S
    Sasha

...just 'oh'... The Winter wasn’t sure whether to be shocked that Lou barely uttered a word or thankful that’s all he said. Sometimes people were private about their time in Arcadia and some were proud to tell the tale. L’aire was only reluctant to do so because of what brought her out of it all.

“Force of habit.” The dancer said, nearly under her breath. As there was no sound other than the two of them moving or breathing, it was probably more audible than the Winter wanted it to be. And…I think I said that out loud.

As if her body was shaking off thoughts, the Winter’s frame went into teaching mode. Still holding the tall Fairest’s hand, the Dancer began. “Well, first thing about Salsa is moving together.” L’aire out of habit looked from the Draconic’s waist down to his feet. “So before we get into the actual steps I want you to walk with me… backwards. So your first step back will be your left foot back, then right.”

“We’ll try four steps back, and four steps forward.” It was then the Dancer finally looked up to Lou, ready to watch his body move. To see how his muscles would move and work while his legs and feet moved in rhythm. L’aire was fairly positive he’d retain his regal ways even while learning. Maybe even finesse in his handsome physique. His legs in her peripheral and her ears tuned into the sound of his footsteps. “You can start when you’re ready and I’ll follow, okay?” Her smile sweetened with encouragement.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.