Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Hostel Hi) Another Day in the Life

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Bright days were always strange, at least when they felt off.

The Hostel Hi rose near enough to the Bismarck and the Tower Bridge that anyone who knew the history of those locations would feel a bit odd going there.

However, there always had to be different days, new mistakes, and new people in the city. That meant things were opening up to outsiders’ eyes and everything was changing.

The Four story building seemed every inch the quiet bed and breakfast that it had been modeled after originally, an overflow college dorm that had only just reopened, and wasn’t yet full with students. Perhaps because the colleges didn’t need the space, or perhaps that the new manager just happened to be a little particular with who would be boarding under his watch.

Feel free to write yourselves in, I would suggest NOT going inside the building, if you do PM me, immediately.

WakingDream this is the day that Samdei told you about.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

d
    dreshead

California Dreaming, at least it seemed like it today. The weather seemed great, the sun was shining, but there was just something off. Something you couldn't quite figure out, it was something hiding just there in your blind spot, if you thought too hard about it you lost it completely, but if you focused on other things it slowly crept back into your awareness. While Fi had been a will worker for a few years now, but nothing had quite felt like this. Then again, Fi had mostly lacked any chance to set down roots anywhere with an established willworker community, so he wasn't certain it was an ominous sign or not. Sacramento was new territory for Fi and Talon, and like most predators it seemed they needed to run up on territorial boundaries before they bothered learning the lay of the land. He had been walking south since crossing tower bridge, and Talon had been tailing him in slow circles. It was nice having the hawk up above him, but he really wished it would come down to see if the spirit was picking up on any of the weird. Talon didn't appear to be doing anything weird, so Fi could only assume what ever was bugging him didn't stir the bird up much. The bird circled one more time and then came up and landed in front of Hostel Hi on a post, which caused Fi to stop and take a look at the building, and its surroundings.

R
    RiffRaff

Anarchy walks through the city, playing around with a levitating card spinning through the air beneath her left hand. The reactions of people who saw it were always fun to watch, the wonder and confusion apparent on their faces just a hint of what they could see if they just Woke The Fuck UP! Maybe her antics helped, maybe they didn't. They were fun though.

Speaking of fun, there's a rugged something something staring at the Hostel. She stands behind him, looking wherever he looks for a moment. "Okay, clue me in. What are we looking at?"

Armor & Sight in Signature
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-26 12:44:16 Anarchy rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World (ADitL Gno + Life + HS -2 day long) (10 Again) 10, 3, 10, 1, 9, 8, 1, 5 4 successes
    2013-01-26 12:41:22 Anarchy rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (ADitL Gno + Life + HS -2 day long) (10 Again) 8, 2, 8, 7, 9, 3 3 successes

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby had been out for a walk, sort of window shopping and just enjoying the day. When she realized she was near the Hostel, she decided to swing by, perhaps Kite would be around and they could catch up. Though as she walks closer, she notices two people standing around staring at the building. This struck her as being odd, “Is the building that interesting?” she asked as she got closer.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

W
    WakingDream

Impulse jogs up to the Hostel again, the path now much more familiar. In his pocket was the un-opened wallet sized package, he knew better than to go through his clients things. His eyes widened upon returning from his breakfast run.

Three people stood outside his adopted home, two strangers and one familiar face. He waved at Toby and smiled. "I was worried something had happened to you when you never returned my letter!" He says in as casual a voice as he could muster. All the while he kept his eyes on the two strangers as well as the door.

The acanthus wasn't sure where exactly Samdei was, but he knew he wanted to find him as soon as possible. These kind of jobs always went smoother the quicker you finished them.

Idun

PRE

Before Idun leaves the comfort of her car, she checks to be sure that her gun is within her purse along with her cell. She gets out of her car and begins to walk down the street. She wanted to check out this part of the city, maybe take some pictures of the historic buildings to post on her Facebook profile. Spending time window shopping while also walking between historic significant plaques.

As she nears the Hostel Hi, she blinks as she notices Toby before the hostel. With a glance around, she decides to forgo the use of a Rote in public, activating her Life Mage sight. Straightening her pose, she approaches where her fellow Cabal member is standing. Along the way, she takes the time to studying her surroundings and the front of the Hostel.

Improvised Magic and Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 20:26:09 Idun rolls 7 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 2, 3, 6, 3, 9, 10, 4, 10, 4 3 successes
    2013-01-27 20:17:16 Idun rolls 4 to Improvised Magic - Gnosis + Arcana (10 Again) 9, 5, 1, 2 1 success

S
    Solaris

Active Spells
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 18:38:37 Hachiman rolls 6 to cast Speak with the Dead Rote [WIT + Occ + Death] -1 SpTol (10 Again) 8, 9, 6, 6, 10, 7, 7 3 successes
    2013-01-27 18:37:55 Hachiman rolls 7 to cast Entropic Guard Rote [WIT + Occ + Death] (10 Again) 5, 3, 9, 10, 8, 5, 7, 3 3 successes
    2013-01-27 18:37:04 Hachiman rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight Rote [WIT + Occ + Death] (10 Again) 4, 3, 3, 6, 4, 9, 5 1 success

Hachiman blazed down Riverside Boulevard in the Ducati, taking one of his usual routes to William Land Park to do his daily jogging. Nothing was particularly unusual about today. His bike was in pristine shape and the treads were hugging tightly to the street as he popped a wheely amongst the Sunday traffic.

Pops a Wheely
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-27 20:31:37 Hachiman rolls 8 to rolls to pop a wheely on his motorcycle [Dex+Drive+Sp1] (10 Again) 3, 7, 8, 7, 6, 3, 6, 2 1 success

For whatever reason, he felt compelled to detour down one of the side streets and ended up turning left on 8th Avenue, only to see a number of people grouped around a large four story building there. He slowed a bit to get a better look at the people. I wonder what everyone is looking at..., his thought trailed off.

OOC

d
    dreshead

Before Fi could even get a full look over the building to find what Talon thought was so darned interesting he gained company. First a Goth made her way up, joined by a striking young lady, and the sudden company sent Talon back into the air. "Well, a friend apparently thinks this place is something I should take a look at, but really I have no clue. Don't suppose either of you has any thoughts on why this place would be interesting?". Before he could finish the party got even larger, and by the time people stopped showing up the group would get auto-gratted at most diners.

Well I reckon this many people showing up, plus this nagging feelin I got, means the old bird was on to something", with a sigh Fi pulls the camera out of his shoulder carrier and takes a few steps back to get the building into focus. Taking aim at the building he snaps a couple photos. Well I guess someone should document whatever it is that brought me here.

For the record, Hachiman is asking for if you’ve been around dead things recently, and/or had strong connections while near dead things etc.
    -For that purpose, the building has a good number of dead resonance on it.

Also, everyone, please keep all information in your signatures, particularly active spells

The front of the building looks normal enough, then as a sudden pulse the Unseen Senses of all present suddenly have a flash, before it’s disappated and a dark figure dressed in a purple tank top stumbles backward out of the building.

Perception checks please
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

W
    WakingDream

What was that?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-01-28 22:35:39 Impulse rolls 6 to To see (10 Again) 8, 6, 5, 6, 6, 3 1 success

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread