Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Grove Greens Groove

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

As she felt the light tugging, Julia figured that Jackson had probably caught onto something she had not. Clearly, that had been the case since the Haunt had asked Mandy more details about the other waitress, which seemed to cause a strange reaction from the girl. Can't fully discuss it...here? Hmm, what are you hiding Mandy? The Daeva shot Jackson a quick look, trying to convey that she got his message.

"Oh, is that so?" said Julia in response to the waitress, a smile forming across her lips. "How wonderful. I'd love to pick out my own bottle of course." The Succubus paused for a moment, exchanging another quick look with the Haunt before standing from her seat. "Lead and I shall follow," she said to the girl, letting out a playful chuckle.

C
    C_Lloyd

Can't fully discuss it here, huh?

"Oh, well I suppose it would be rude to pry. I've changed my mind about a drink. I'll actually have wine as well, " Jackson replied to the waitress. "Shall I join you two?"

The Nosferatu rose from his seat, prepared to follow Mandy and Julia into the dark, dank, wine-cellar, a most convenient place to pick up on more of the juicy details about this waitress.

S
    Selena

“Oh, um yeah, sure.” There was a little uneasiness in her voice when the guy wanted to join them. But still, she’d been told often couples enjoyed picking out wine together and her tone had quickly changed as Mandy recalled that fact.

Turning to look behind her she quickly spoke to the bar keep. “Hey, Daryl.” The man’s head looked up from the group of guys. “I’m going to take this couple down for a bottle.” Daryl nodded to the waitress. His eyes stared at both Julia and Jackson a long moment. May have seemed like he was imprinting their faces to his mind.

“Alright folks, would you please follow me.” The beautiful woman chirped and gestured to the same doors they both walked in earlier.

Daryl may have went back to talking to the group of geriatrics, but his eyes didn't leave the two yet. He made no bones about hiding it either.

Julia was glad that Jackson decided to come along for the ride, just in case she needed a helping hand with something. It was always better to work in teams anyway. Well, not always... thought the Daeva neonate, recalling the last time she had teamed up with a couple of Kindred here in Sacramento. However, this particular Haunt seemed a lot smarter than Owen, and she felt like she could at least trust him to not be a total idiot. Thus, she offered him a smile as they began to follow the waitress towards the cellar. However, the smile faded for a moment as she noticed the bartender basically staring them down. What the hell is his problem?!? thought the blonde Succubus to herself, a slight frown forming on her brow as she turned away from the man. She was certainly used to men staring at her, in a variety of ways to say the least...but something about the way the barkeep had looked at her and Jackson just rubbed her the wrong way.

"Lead the way," said Julia in response to Mandy's words, wanting to get on with the plan already. She felt like the guy's eyes were still fixated on them, even if she wasn't looking at him.

C
    C_Lloyd

Why is this guy staring at us?

1 suux Empathy
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-24 18:38:54 Jackson Rail rolls 2 to See what's up with Daryl's Staring (Wits 3 + Empathy 0) (10 Again) 9, 3 1 success

Jackson continued to follow Mandy and Julia, though he shot an inquisitive glacne at the Bartender before leaving, doing his best to figure out what his interest was in the couple.

S
    Selena

After going down the stairs, they walked through a corridor. On one side were small offices. The other side lead to a medium sized banquet room with double doors that were open. There were exit signs within that clearly lead right outside. Upon passing, there were windows outlining the room looking out to the greens. There was also another kitchen down there as well. All the exit signs pointed opposite of the offices along the one wall. Evident that side was probably into the hill onto which the country club was built upon.

At the end of the current corridor, there was a beautiful door that was unlike the others. It looked out of place, but not antique. "Alright, it's just up ahead." Mandy quickly spoke. Upon reaching it, she opened the door to reveal a beautiful small pantry type room, wall to wall with shelves for wine. A small island in the center with glasses for tasting.

Jackson could pick up from the looming eyes of Daryl that maybe history was repeating itself. At least in the barkeeps eyes.

Julia followed the waitress down the steps and through the corridor, looking around the place as they walked. After all, it wasn't a bad idea to get a general idea of the place's layout just in case. As they reached the cellar's door, the Daeva turned to face Mandy. "Thanks so much for your help hun," she said to the girl, offering her a killer smile as she did so. The Succubus made use of the powers of her blood, an entrancing look in her beautiful green eyes. "I'd love to hear some of your suggestions of course." If the opportunity presented itself, the neonate would not let it pass. And this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get a little information, and perhaps a bit of sustenance as well.

Like taking candy from a baby...

I'm sexy and I know it...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-25 09:12:55 Julia Hastings rolls 10 to Manipulation+Empathy+Majesty to Entrance Mandy (10 Again) 6, 3, 6, 8, 10, 10, 7, 9, 7, 9, 1, 5 5 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

Jackson figured something happened in the wine cellar before - perhaps relating to the disappearance of Mandy's predecessor. It was a pretty logical conclusion that he was staring the two strangers down because so similar a situation happened before.

As the entered the wine cellar, Jackson simply smiled, and let Julia do the talking. It was what she was good at, and he had no reason to intervene just yet. He wanted to see the Daeva in action. He also wanted to do a painting of the wine cellar, as it's a perfect scene to do in wax pencil.

S
    Selena

"Well, there's of course Cabernet Sauvignon." Mandy seemed even more eager to help Julia out than before. She began pulling bottles off the shelf and putting them on the island next to the beautiful woman who had graced her presence tonight. "Oh and a couple bottles of Clos de los Siete by Michel Rolland. This is a special one that we only received a small case of this season." Putting another bottle delicately next to the woman and nearly ignoring Jackson. "Several selections of Pinot Grigio, just to name a few."

"Would you care to sample, I can certainly serve you up a glass. And If I may say I do love your blouse."

Roll perception please.
    PS I know diddly squat about wine

Julia listened to the girl, her green eyes gravitating around the cellar as she named the different wines they had in stock. To keep up with the facade, the Daeva inspected some of the bottles that the waitress was showing her, reading over their labels before returning them to the girl. "Its quite the collection you've got," she said, giving Mandy a killer smile as they continued to walk around the cellar. The blonde Succubus let out a little laugh at the compliment, her smile widening just a bit. "Oh, thank you hun; it is one of my favorites." With those words, she gave the waitress a little wink before picking up one of the special reserve bottles Mandy had mentioned.

"Hmmm, Michel Rolland you say?" said the neonate, letting the words roll out of her tongue in a seductive manner. This is going to be easier than I thought, she mused to herself, waiting for the perfect moment to swoop in for the kill...so to speak.

4 suxx perception!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-28 15:48:27 Julia Hastings rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 8, 9, 3, 9, 9 4 successes

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.