Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Grove Greens Groove

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Selena

After one of the frolfers ordered, the bartender kept giving his table some strange looks. Which also shifted to the table where Julia and Jackson sat. While the other ‘regulars’ carried on in a general conversation, he’d chime in now and again, but his gaze would meander to the two tables here and there.

The Hawtie waitress came from the servers stand after messing with the drink garnish a moment. There were two small plastic covered flat sheets in her hand when she headed over to Jackson and Julia first.

On a VHCC name tag, there was a piece of masking tape with the name Mandy written in black marker on the top.

“Hiya there. I’m Mandy.” Setting down small one page front and back menus in front of the couple. “The kitchen closes for food in a half hour. But don’t worry the bar is open late. Uh till 2am.” There was a sweet and courteous ring in her voice as she spoke.

Pausing a moment, thinking she may have forgot something, the brunette shrugged a shoulder. Mandy was still professional, with a presence that she’d waitressed many times but something may have been a bit off. “I don’t think there are any specials right now, but I can check if you like.” Looking about to a black marker board on the back of the bar which was blank anyway. “So, can I get you two anything? We have an excellent selection of beer on tap and our own cellar below.” With a slightly shaky hand, Mandy pulled another menu folded and bound very neatly and setting it between them. God I hope they don't order anything I have to go down there for. “The list is here along with club house specialties. I can give you a few moments if you’d like.” Patiently waiting for a queue from either of them.

Perception to notice that there's something different about Mandy
    Wits+Empathy to tell that she's nervous

As the waitress approached them, Julia offered the girl a sweet smile in return. "Hi Mandy," she said in response, accepting the menu from the girl. "Oh, no worries hun, I think we'll just be doing drinks tonight." With those words, the Daeva gave the waitress a quick wink before turning her attention to Jackson. "Do you know what you'd like to order?" she asked the Haunt, keeping up with the facade for the time being. After all, there was no real way anyone there could tell they were more than just your average patrons, right?

"I'm not really a big fan of beer," she said as she turned back to Mandy, giving her a little shrug. "I usually prefer wine, or the fruity type of mixed drinks." With those words, the young Succubus let out a little laugh. "Is there anything you would recommend, Mandy?"

1 suxx on each
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-11 13:58:30 Julia Hastings rolls 6 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 2, 2, 1, 8, 3, 2 1 success
    2013-02-11 13:58:11 Julia Hastings rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 9, 4, 2, 1, 7 1 success

C
    C_Lloyd

5 suxx perception, Failure on wits + empathy. Ignore the Brett Part
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-12 09:26:35 Jackson Rail rolls 2 to notice Mandy is nervous (10 Again) 1, 5 failure
    2013-02-12 09:23:41 Brett powers rolls 8 to to notice something is different about Mandy (10 Again) 10, 5, 1, 10, 1, 5, 8, 5, 8, 9 5 successes

Jackson briefly examined Mandy, as he did with most people he came across, painting her in his head as he did so. There was nothing particularly striking about her at first glance, but her ornamentation was of more interest to Jackson. The nametag and Menus stood out just enough to be exceptional artistic elements of their own and...

"...you'd like to order?"

Julia's voice snapped him out of his trance for a moment. "Oh, " he replied. "Umm... something simple. Strong. Whiskey?"

Turning his attention back to Julia, he listened carefully, hoping he could pick up a trick or two from the Daeva. He didn't see himself getting into these situations often, but when he did, he wanted to be able to function... without using the Daeva as a crutch.

S
    Selena

Mandy was still smiling ear to ear as a good waitress does despite that Julia may have noticed it was kinda fake too.

“Wine’s a good choice and we have quite the selection but our bartender makes many specialties. Nearly anything you could wish for, he can certainly make. From a Bahama Mama, Singapore Sling and a Sex on the Beach.” Those rattled off like clockwork, which Mandy was thankful for. Mixed drink or house wine I hope. Shit I hope there's house wine up here anyway.

“Whiskey sure, preference? We have Johnny Walker, Red, Blue and Black in addition to Jameson and a few imports if you’re interested.” Mandy quickly added, unfortunately not knowing the top shelf immediately.

Julia may notice the makeshift name tag, but Jackson can clearly tell she’s new. Even her crisp short-sleeved club shirt, slacks and apron all looked bran spankin new. The creases from the box or packaging were still in the attire. And the way Mandy kept looking back to the bar or half mentioning things that were on the menu was strikingly apparent to the Haunt.

2suxx pfft you don't want any wine
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-12 16:15:39 Mandy No wine rolls 5 to Man+Pers (10 Again) 4, 8, 5, 8, 1 2 successes

What's up with this girl? Julia thought to herself, noticing that something just didn't seem right about the whole thing. After all, the Daeva knew a fake smile when she saw one, having faked so many of her own in the past. "Those all sound wonderful," she said, returning the waitress' smile with one of her own. "But I'm really in the mood for a glass of Pinot Noir. You think you could arrange that hun?" The neonate's smile widened slightly, her beautiful eyes locking with those of the girl taking their order. The Succubus was not used to being told no when she asked for something, so she was curious to see what Mandy would say.

She did seem a bit pushy about the whole mixed drinks thing. I wonder why?

as a matter of fact, I think I will have that wine please
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-13 14:10:44 Julia Hastings rolls 5 to Wits+Resolve (10 Again) 1, 1, 10, 10, 3, 6, 6 2 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

Ah, so that's what it is.

It was the stark crispness of Mandy's new outfit that set her apart, rather than any attribute of her own. Useful information, perhaps, especially since 'sloppy feeding' had been reported. Perhaps the former bartender found herself unfortunate enough to be food for a careless vampire. Or maybe she just didn't know anything.

In a bold attempt to be helpful, Jackson spoke up to Mandy, "I don't think I recall seeing you here before, " said the Nosferatu. "Didn't there used to be another waiter working around this time?"

S
    Selena

"Uh Sure, ma'am. I can certainly get you some Pinot Noir. No problem." Fuck my life if there's none of that upstairs behind the bar. Mandy nodded to the beautiful woman at the table. Really, she couldn't argue with a customer. This was her job, and she didn't hate it...well, yet.

Turning to Jackson when he spoke, realizing he hadn't ordered but started asking something. The waitresses' cheeks blushed. "Oh, haha. Is it that obvious?" Mandy shrugged a little. "Yeah, there was another gal before me." Pausing a second before quickly added. "Who is no longer employed by Valley Hi Country Club." The Waitress wasn't really allowed to say where the woman went or if she was fired gone or whatever. It was the standard HR crap that everyone was supposed to say.

5suxx to talk right over the reason the other chick's gone
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-14 18:38:40 Mandy Haha rolls 5 to Wits+Sub (10 Again) 6, 10, 1, 9, 10, 9, 10, 2 5 successes

wits+emp or subterfuge

"Thanks hun, said the Daeva, offering the girl another winning smile. However, she knew that drinking that wine would require her to waste away some more precious vitae, unless she wanted to violently throw it up in front of everyone at the bar. That would be so gross! And such a bad idea, thought Julia to herself, the thought sending a quick shudder down her spine. However, wasting away vitae like that was also going to make her hungrier than she was. Was that a risk worth taking? Decisions, descions...

When Jackson confronted the waitress about being new, the Succubus turned her attention to the girl. It seemed that the Haunt had been able to pick up on some subtle clues she had not, for Mandy admitted for actually being a new employee. He's got a good eye. Probably the whole artist thing, Julia thought to herself, a little smirk forming on the corner of her lips. When their waitress mentioned that the girl before her was no longer employed there, the Daeva neonate didn't give it much thought, figuring that sort of thing was fairly common in the restaurant industry anyway.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-15 10:20:35 Julia Hastings rolls 6 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 8, 10, 4, 6, 8, 5, 7 3 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

Can't bullshit a bullshitter.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-02-16 20:18:00 Jackson Rail rolls 5 to see through Mandy's subterfuge (Wits + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 4, 10, 10, 8, 9, 8, 4 5 successes

"Oh, " replied Jackson, seeing through the girl's attempt to obfuscate the subject and pressing his advantage. "That's a shame. What happened to her?"

He reached his hand under the bar and gently tugged at Julia's shirt. Why'd she just stop there? Isn't she supposed to be the social one?

Hopefully, the girl would forget that he ordered a drink. He had no interest in wasting precious vitae to pretend to down it, and didn't particularly feel up to a game of charades.

S
    Selena

Mandy made sure her back was fully toward the bar, and away from the other women at the table at the other side of the bar. Her voice was quieter than it had been previously. “Uh, can’t fully discuss it. Well, here at least.”

Oddly enough, the pretty young waitress didn’t seem like a gossip. Trying to find an eloquent way to say what she knew without being too detailed. In a hushed whisper she added. “But, she just didn’t come back one day.” It was clear by the woman’s body language that there was probably more to the story.

With a sudden change in the ring of her voice, Mandy added. "If you're interested in wine ma'am, the club does offer that you may personally select a bottle from our cellar. It's complimentary here at Valley Hi Country Club."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.