Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Scrounging at the Flea Market...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus hums a tune he'd heard on the radio as he enters the Flea Market.
    Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world... She took the midnight train goin' anywhere... Brilliant. Now I'm never getting that damn song out of my head today. Eyeing the wares spread out in the stalls on either side, he smiles and nods to a few of the vendors he recognizes from his frequent visits. Marcus saunters past most of the piles of junk, er, merchandise, as he makes his way toward Mr. MacLeod's stall. The old man usually had a good assortment of scrap metal that Marcus could put to some good use. Besides, the Metalflesh was always on the lookout for any unworked bits of iron he might come across. "Alright, Mr. MacLeod?" Although Marcus heard the man's cronies mostly call him "Mac", he didn't feel comfortable using the diminutive. Especially since he suspected the old fellow wasn't particularly fond of the nickname. "Have anything exciting and new?"

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

The only metal he finds is some cast-iron cookware. Unworked iron was never a big thing in flea markets. Mostly it was used clothing, used furniture, jewelry of various levels of authenticity, and real tacos, not that wimpy hard shell kind the gringos get at Taco Bell. The real deal man.

There were also churros. Delicious, delicious churros.

Mac shakes his head. He knows what Marcus is looking for. "Sorry, all the metal gets better prices at the scrapyard these days, Marcus. It's the economy. You looking for anything other than metal today?"
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Marcus Evan

PRE

"Thanks, I'm just looking for scrap to use at my... are those *real* Dr. Marten's?" Hmm... steel-toed. Marcus peruses the rest of Mr. MacLeod's wares, looking for anything else of interest. Just a city boy, born and raised in south detroit... He took the midnight train goin' anywhere... dammit. After a while, Marcus makes his purchases and bids Mr. MacLeod a good day. "See you next time." As he makes his way among the rest of the vendors, he keeps an eye out for that guy with the really good churros.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

Macus finds a churro stand. It smells like fried dough and sugar. There is a pack of children who's parents may have dropped them off for the day. The crowds are thick, but people do not seem to be buying very many things.

Wits + Composure roll please

Marcus Evan

PRE

Mmmmm... fried dough. Marcus buys a churro, relishing the delicious snack. Scanning the stalls nearby, he tries to spot any book vendors. A singer in a smoky room... A smell of wine and cheap perfume... For a smile they can share the night... It goes on and on and on and on... <sigh>

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Ready. Steady. Go[/FONT].

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility

OCC
    PRE

No book vendors, there's a guy selling some comic books and a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh booster packs. Sunlight flashes off something in the corner of your eye, and not very far away is a grand Cheval Mirror. Gilded in gold leaf with amber stones inset in places, it stands out amongst the trash on display like a Rose blooming in the desert.

Yet no one pays it any mind.

Buy me Marcus

Marcus Evan

PRE

No book vendors. Humph. The Metalflesh glances at the symbols engraved on his arm. He had been dreaming about his time with Her a bit more than usual. He wanted to look for some books on alchemy and old faerie tales. I guess I can stop by the library on my... well, hello Gorgeous! Marcus walks over to the mirror, admiring its craftsmanship. Although not something in which he would normally be interested, the artistry of the frame is quite stunning. Surely, it costs much more than he can afford, but there was no harm in looking. Marcus examines the details of the mirror as he searches for a price tag.

Mirror, Mirror

Marcus Evan

PRE

Finding nothing out of the ordinary, Marcus purchases the mirror and hauls it out to his Jeep. Hmm... should look quite nice in my bedroom. Humming to himself, he starts the drive home with his new-found prize. Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard... Their shadows searching in the night... Streetlight people, living just to find emotion... Hiding, somewhere in the night.

Marcus drives along, listening to the song play in his head, much to his chagrin.

ST Note: I love Journey.

Just a few minutes from the flea market, a little further down the road, Marcus can see a woman sitting along the side of the road. As he approaches, she stands up and sticks her thumb out.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus pulls up in front of the woman, gives her the once-over, and rolls down the window. "Where are you headed, then?"

The Once-Over
    The Once-Over

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread