Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1211) Consilium: Toren, Orpheus & Aenigma

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Fair enough," said Aenigma in reply, letting a soft chuckle at the threads comment. He listened to the Moros' next words, nodding once as he spoke about the Concilium and its new methods. "Traditions do have their purpose though, but I guess we'll see what the night has in store for us." And just as he said those words, Orpheus walked up to them. "Hey there. You know, we were just wondering that ourselves," he said to the Obrimos with a quick smirk. "Maybe they have some private rooms where things are quieter to actually handle business?"

The young Warlock didn't sound too convinced when he said those last words, giving the other two Mystagogues a shrug. Following Toren's eyes, he noticed their other Cabal mate, dancing around the club. A smile found its way to his lips for a brief moment as he let out a soft laugh. "She does seem to be in her element," he said in response to the Moros' words as he turned to look back at him. "I wouldn't mind a glass of wine, but I'm not sure if they'll serve such a thing in an establishment such as this one."

"I do agree all this noise is a little distracting to say the least." Orpheus pauses for a moment to collect his thoughts over the music. "If you guys want I could probably quiet the sounds around us? Ah wait, that's right, it's frowned upon to cast spells at a consilium." Remembering the sigils placed around. Orpheus definitely wasn't one to ignore rules, especially will worker rules.

Glancing around for a moment, Orpheus spots a few people with drinks in their hands. "Well, there's always beer." He says promptly. Take a couple of beers and anyone can understand theoretical physics! He smiles as he thinks of an old joke he had made to one of his college buddies.

Good times...

C
    C_Lloyd

As the boys talk, Nantale approaches, a sunny smile on her face. "Hello boys," she says as she comes to a halt. "Enjoying the venue?"

The Acanthus winked knowingly at the Mages of Mimir's well.

"It's a bit loud for me, but I guess someone has a plan of how the night's going to play out."

Nantale looked from Aenigma to Toren to Orpheus and raised an eyebrow. "Drinks?"

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"One never knows until one asks, and I intend to. But you're right, doesn't exactly seem like a wine-tasting location," says Toren loudly with a laugh. He turns to Orpheus, "Hello Pheas," attempting to be familiar by using a nickname. "Good to see you." At the approach of Nantale he also waves a hello. "Yes, we were just discussing drinks, let's move closer to the bar for now."

Since it wasn't far from the entryway Toren began to move to the bar and waited for the others to arrive with him before he addressed Aenigma again. "Say, did you see that message attached to the flyers? They were going to have some sort of meeting with the Hierarch. Do we have to let her know which one of us is attending the meeting?" he asked uncertainly.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

A smirk formed on the corner of the Warlock's lips at the Obrimos' words. "Yeah, its too bad really...because that would be awesome," he said as he tried to make himself heard over the music, without having to actually shout. As the Enchantress showed up, Aenigma offered her a smile. "Hi Nantale, how are you this evening?" He let out a soft chuckle at her question before adding, "we were just talking about how nice it would be to block out some of that bass."

The mention of drinks made the young Censor smile once more. "Yeah, we were just extrapolating on the chances of this fine establishment serving a decent glass of red," he said, giving her a quick wink. But really, what were the chances? At a Rave?

We'd probably have better chances of scoring some E in here...

Aenigma looked around as they walked to the bar, recognizing those mages in attendance he had met or seen before. Of course there were a few new faces amongst the usual crowd. Once they reached the bar, he leaned against it to watch the crowd, letting his Cabal mate take care of the drinks. "The meeting?" he said as Toren made mention of the main reason why he was out at a nightclub this evening. The Warlock nodded to the Moros. "It's been taken care of," he said, a smile touching the corner of his lips.

Orpheus furrowed his brow a little as Toren tried to give him a new nickname, as though he was t entirely certain what he thought about it. Either way, to each their own right?

"Hey Nantale. Giving a brief wave, he continues "It seems like I've been spending a lot more time at nightclubs in the past few weeks since getting here." and here he was thinking staying in New York would hurt his sobriety.

Sitting at the bar, he takes a good long time picking out what he wants to drink when he promptly orders "Samuel Adams, would you?" The meeting wouldn't be for a little while, what harm could a couple of beers do besides turning his liver into a raisin?

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale laughs gaily as she approaches the bar with the gentlemen of Mimir's Well. "Right, this doesn't seem like a 'fine red' kind of place. But maybe we'll feel better if we play along."

She turned to the bartender and smiled. "I'd like something strong and colorful. A sex on the beach sounds good, yeah?"

From time-to-time Nantale felt the need to let loose - she was an Acanthus after all. She had resolved to come here so rather than being upset at what wasn't out, she'd spin her own fate and make it work out for her.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh good, glad to hear it," replied Toren with some relief as Aenigma eased his worries about the meeting. There had been no question that Aenigma was their designated representative, though there hadn't been much actual dialogue about the matter.

Toren stroked his chin thoughtfully as the others placed their orders at the bar. He couldn't think of a good regular bar drink so he just followed Orpheus's example. "I'll also have a Sam Adams."

"So what've you two been up to lately?" asked Toren of Nantale & Orpheus, having no outrageous conversation topics floating in his head at the moment. He had seen Nantale back during the Halloween season on their little outing, but hadn't spoken with her much since.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded, acknowledging Nantale's words. "Perhaps you have a point," he said to the Acanthus with a smile, turning to face the bartenders to place an order of his own. "I'll have a Dirty Martini." A smirk formed on the corner of his lips as he ordered his drink. "Thank you." With those words, he turned back to face his friends and listen to what they had been up to.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Well, " Nantale started. "I've still been getting used to the city. I'm pretty involved with my day job, and I don't think I told you guys this, but I'm married."

She paused for a moment as she considered whether she wanted to tell them more details about her husband. No, we can take baby steps.

"It's kind of hard for me at home. We both work a lot and rarely see each other. And then there are functions like this where the best I can tell him is 'I'm hanging out with my friends' - but he feels we should be spending more quality time together. But I'm doing my best to make sure we have some time to spare. Being an Acanthus pays off in that sense."

She wasn't too worried about being open, so long as she didn't reveal TOO much information. Besides, these were all Mystagogues. What did she have to fear from them?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread