Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XII

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

The Spiral is pretty empty at this time of night, and as the clock hits 10pm only a couple of regulars are skulking in corners nursing pints of beer. A dart board has been propped up on the far wall, maybe as a concession to people wanting a bit of entertainment.

How this works

Gallows

Marietta was no stranger to bars--growing up among mechanics, she had learned pretty quickly how to handle her liquor. Still, though she had made her way around a lot of the bars near the shop, she hadn't ever been to the Spiral before. It hadn't seemed her type of place. But lately, she had started hearing things about it--hearing things on the Union forums, rumors that the people who drank here often knew a bit more than the average joe about the weird stuff going on in Sacramento. If that was so, it was worth checking out--no matter how crappy the drinks were.

Once she got inside she set herself up at the end of the bar nearest to the dartboard, and put her jacket down over a stool. She wasn't stupid enough to come packing heat to what might be a Hunter bar, but she had her Swiss army knife in her pocket in case anyone--or anything--got too grabby on her way home. She nodded to the bartender.

"Something with tequila in it, por favor," she said to him, putting some money down on the bar. While waiting for the drink, she stood up and made her way over to the dartboard. Idly, she picked up some of the darts and started tossing them at the board--and did awfully. She grimaced...looked like she was out of practice.

"Maybe mixing booze and tossing around sharp objects ain't the best idea, no?" she said quietly.

Terrible dart throwing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-03 14:09:57 Marietta rolls 4 to throws darts ( Dex + Athletics ) (10 Again) 4, 6, 6, 4 failure

I
    Irina

The Old Man could appreciate manners, even if it was in a language he only knew a couple of words of. Fortunately por favor appeared to be in his vocabulary, because he tipped his head in wordless acknowledgement of Marietta's order.

He turned his back on the board to make up the necessary drinks, taken components from here and there to make up a Smokey Joe.

The Old Man turned around in time to spot the misses in the solo darts game, and arched a brow. "Not usually, no," he stated gruffly.

Gallows

"Maybe some other time," she said, returning to claim her drink. She took a gulp, looked down, and nodded appreciatively to the Old Man. "Good stuff," she said. "Thanks."

Taking another sip of her drink, she looked around the bar, taking in the regulars. It didn't seem too crowded, but that was fine by her. "Not too busy tonight?" she asked the bartender. If this was a bar for Hunters, then it stood to reason the bartender would be at least a little in the know--and therefore, a good person to get to know.

I
    Irina

"Nope," the Old Man responded, and his very short answer did quite a bit to reflect that he was not the sort of bartender to have happy and fun chats with customers that he outwardly loved, and internally despised.

The Old Man showed his disdain for humanity on the outside too.

Fortunately, Marietta had not done anything to fire him up.

"Not 'til later on in the night. Might get a few interestin' types."

Bandit checks to make sure he has enough for a beer and squaring his shoulders, he walks out of the alleyway and heads for the entrance to The Spiral. He enters through the door, he glances around the place as he heads for the counter of the bar. With his note pad in hand, he flips through the pad until he comes to a drink order, which is just coke and rum.

He waits for the Old Man to respond to his request.

I
    Irina

The Old Man shot Bandit a quick look, and might have wondered at how the kid was still alive in - what he saw as - a depressing fucking city full of shit trying to kill you.

"Evenin'."

He read the note, nodded curtly and made up the drink.

At least he wasn't carded this time.

Gallows

It was starting to look like chatting up the bartender wasn't going to be the most productive of routes. Still, he seemed nice enough, and could make a mean Smokey Joe.

When another patron came in, it definitely caught Marietta's attention. Normally she probably wouldn't have given the guy a second glance, but the place was slow tonight--there weren't many others to talk to. After all, what was the worst that could happen? A boring conversation?

"Hey," she said with a nod to the newcomer. "Que pasa?"

Bandit pays the Old Man for his beer and turns when he hears a greeting. It takes a few seconds to find the introduction within his note pad, he holds it up for her to read, I go by Bandit. He nods a greeting to her as he puts the note pad down, waiting for the next question.

Gallows

The man who had sat near her was already proving to make this an interesting night--it surprised her a bit when he pulled out the notepad. He doesn't talk, possibly mute, she thought, But he heard me...so not deaf.

"Nice to meet you, Bandit," she said, nodding in return and giving him a smile. "Guess you don't talk, then?" Realizing right after she said it that she might have offended, she quickly added "Not that it's my business, you know? Don't gotta answer, or anything."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.