Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Word with Winter (Private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Sasha

Later on after the day of the phone call, the Fairest Dancer watched the clock here and there. Thankfully, she had no evening classes that day. So she ran back to her apartment to change before going to visit Katrin Byeli .

I really need a car...a cheap one or something She thought she walked to the bus stop to take her to Treasured. She had a light blue camisole beneath a black sweater. Black slacks accentuated her long lithe legs with her simple ballet flat shoes. Nothing really flashy, she wasn't performing tonight.

The Winter felt riddled with guilt as of late. Unable to give Lou dance instructions at present, and not speaking to Katrin sooner were only piece of that. But more importantly, she felt a little guilty for what she was getting involved in with John.

Hide your love and hate. The Queen's reminder at their last meeting. It wasn't that she was broadcasting it, but by accident Perry just happened to see. Why should she feel bad about that? These were all things that were on the surface. Deep down, there were a few other things festering. Her mother and how she may have been dishonoring the memory of her. It was in fact the reason she joined the Court of Sorrows. It was also the reason she avoided relationships.

As much as she was looking forward to talking to Katrin, an equal part of her was nervous as all hell. When she arrived at Treasured, it wasn't long after the store closed. L'aire didn't walk straight in, but she knocked on the door. The last time she was here, she was greeted by Big Swilla. Would he be there to greet her again? Or maybe someone else. To whomever answered, her face was a pleasant expression for when the door opened.

Today's L'aire

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

A couple of minutes after the Dancer knocked on the door, Katrin approached the front of the store and unlocked it, gesturing for the other Fairest to come inside. "Good evening L'aire, please step inside, no?" she said, locking the door behind them. She lead her towards the back of the store, gesturing for the violet-eyed Fairest to take a seat in one of the vintage couches.

"Make yourself comfortable, yes?" said Katrin in a pleasant enough tone, taking a seat of her own on a baroque style chair. She sat on the antique piece of furniture like a queen on her throne, awaiting for L'aire to reveal her reasons for the visit. "You wished to see me, no?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

Wow, shows on already. “Good evening Ms. Byeli.” The Fairest’s smile small and in greeting. The Dancer’s pace flowed behind Katrin as they walked to the back of the store. Everything inside looked like trinkets. The Winter Fairest did wonder how ‘special’ they may have been. She did kinda wonder where Harvey was, since he was hardly apart from the Onyx Queen.

As they reached the room in the back, her violet eyes admired the couch and amazing chair. “Thank you. The furniture is beautiful.” Her compliment sincere.

L’aire sat perhaps a little rigid on the sofa, could be an instinct from knowing it was an antique and that being delicate was necessary. “Yes, and I thank you for letting me stop by. I apologize I have not made this visit previously.” Or her rigidity could be she was a little nervous, especially after the last meeting.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin nodded in response to the Dancer's compliment. "Thank you, I do try to find some nice pieces to sell, yes?" she said in response, which was in fact true. She may have been the Queen of Winter, but the woman still needed to make a living...or at least keep up the facade that she was merely an antique shop owner. "There is no need for apologies L'aire, unless you have wronged me in some way, no?" said the Treasured, keeping a neutral expression as usual.

"And I can assure you, I would know if that were the case, yes?" added Katrin after a momentary pause, her flawless eyes looking into L'aire's for a brief moment before her lips broke into a pleasant smile. "We all have things that keep us busy, no? I'm sure it is no different with you." The Queen took another pause and then gestured with her right hand for the violet-eyed Fairest to speak her mind.

"So tell me L'aire, what can I do for you?"
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer’s head moved back slightly, confused at why Katrin had suddenly mentioned that. “No, I Your Highness. I haven’t wronged you.” It was like a jolt inside that she couldn’t explain. Questioning and running back through everything she’s done since she got to Sacramento.

Maybe this was a mistake. L’aire really didn’t know how Katrin would know, but there wasn’t a need for the Dancer to worry. If she had wronged her Queen in some way, she did it without knowing. And now, she was dwelling on it. “At least I don’t think so.”

Looking to Katrin with immensely honesty in her violet eyes she asked simply. “Have I, Your Highness?” The Winter Fairest wasn’t groveling or sucking up, but she was, in earnest, curious if she had. L’aire knew she wasn’t like most of her fellow courtiers. She wasn’t reclusive or quiet. The Dancer also wasn’t well versed like their Queen.

And now I forgot what the hell I came here for. Son of a bitch L’aire.

Then her heart nearly stopped. Someone the Fairest suddenly thought of… and she was in public with him.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin's expression remained as neutral as ever, as she watched the Dancer's gestures. The Queen observed the other Winter Fairest carefully, keeping any thoughts to herself for the time being. "If you would've wronged me personally, it would be no secret to you, no?" she finally said in response to L'aire, falling back to silence as she let her words hang in the cool air around them.

"Is there something bothering you?" she asked, interrupting the moment of silence with her question.

2 suxx to get a read on her emotions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-17 18:42:30 Katrin Byeli rolls 8 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 5, 4, 3, 8, 5, 9, 5, 1 2 successes

You may contest with Composure+Subterfuge...and don't forget any Mantle bonuses!

S
    Sasha

Great, I’m here less than five minutes and I already feel stupid.

The Winter heard Katrin’s point. L’aire did wonder if her Queen was aware of her intimidating beauty and presence. “You’re right, Your Highness.” Her violet eyes looked to the chilly beauty of the supreme Onyx. “I have too much respect for you to do so.” The Dancer said in all honesty. Other than Dorian, Katrin was the first Changeling she spoke to in Sacramento. In her own way, the divine Fairest made her feel welcome.

“Bothering me, no.” L’aire wasn’t about to completely reveal her thoughts quite yet. Not without testing the water. She didn’t know what happened fully at the last meeting, but it didn’t seem good. The Fairest didn’t want to hurt or complicate things with John.

“But I think I need your guidance. That is, if that’s okay.” The Winter Fairest didn’t know how to approach this…at all. It’s not like there was anyone in her court she was comfortable with asking the question that would come next. Not to mention, they were all men.

God I suck at this shit.

3Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-19 13:22:34 Sasha holding back rolls 4 to Comp+Sub+Winter (10 Again) 3, 2, 10, 8, 8 3 successes

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin nodded in response to the other Fairest's words, the slightest hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of her perfectly shaped lips. "That is good to hear, yes?" she said to L'aire with a gesture of her right hand.

When the Dancer mentioned the need of guidance, the Winter Queen seemed to take some interest in her words. "Of course. What sort of Queen would I be, if I didn't listen to the concerns of my people?" Whether her statement was meant to be humorous or not was lost entirely in her unchanging expression. "If you have come here for my guidance, I shall give it if you explain to me what it is you need guidance with, no?" The Treasured made an inviting gesture with her hand, bidding L'aire to speak on the matter.

S
    Sasha

The Fairest Dancer nodded as she saw Katrin’s smirk and matched it with a soft grin.

Speak slowly L’aire… Carefully, the Dancer began and cautiously, considering their court. If she was truly honest with Katrin, L’aire didn’t know what she’d do. “I um…” The Fairest folded her hands on to her lap. Even though she wasn’t about to start twitching with nerves, it didn’t hurt to steady them. “Since I joined the Onyx Court…. I’ve never…” Pausing for a moment, wondering how to convey what she was trying to say without too much detail.

“Uh, dated after joining.” There, I said it. L’aire looked away for a moment and pursed her lips in thought. “I understand the Ice Law of course. But what happens if the person I date is mortal?”

The Winter was also well aware that this was all a catch 22, but she continued explaining. “I fear it would be questioned if I were to shrug them off in public.” The Fairest thought about explaining that she wasn’t some stupid gushing girl that did the whole pawing groping crap that she’d seen time and time again. And too, she wouldn’t want to hurt John by ignoring him in public.

“I thought it best to ask what you expect of me.” After all, she was the Onyx Queen of Sacramento and each Sovereign in each Freehold approached matters differently.

Still, the pit of L’aire’s stomach tightened.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin listened to the other Fairest's words, looking into her violet eyes as she paid close attention in silence. Being one of the fair ones herself, the Queen understood the need of feeling desired by others. As a Treasured, the necessity of being cherished and loved by others was greater than many could imagine, but the Onyx Queen never let the imaginations of those around her reach such conclusions. No, she had taken the necessary measures to always come off as a cold-hearted bitch to most who spoke with her. Sure, such demeanor acted directly against her own needs and desires, but she was the Queen of Winter, and understood that it was necessary to do as such.

"L'aire, what I expect of you is to uphold the ideals of our Court, yes?" she finally said, breaking the silence that had filled the room after the Dancer had spoken her mind. "I expect you to not engage in foolish behavior that may endanger the members of this Freehold, including yourself, no?" There was a pause after she said those last words, her icy eyes still locked with the other Fairest's. "That being said, you cannot expect me to dictate how you spend every moment of your life." Another pause. "You escaped and reclaimed your once lost freedom, you should cherish it, yes?"

The room was once more filled with silence, as the Treasured allowed for the weight of her words to fill the air. "You must cherish it with care of course, for one who isn't careful risks losing their freedom once more, no?" said Katrin, interrupting the silence once more. "Love is a human emotion, and those emotions are what make us different from Them, yes?" The tiniest of smiles touched her lips for a brief moment as she said those words, vanishing just as quickly before she continued speaking. "One shouldn't deny such things, but as the Ice Law dictates, you must approach such relationships with care."

Another pause found its way into the conversation, this one lasting a little longer than the other ones. "It is unlikely that a relationship with a human would endanger the Freehold or yourself," said Katrin in her cold and calculated tone, her eyes still fixated on L'aire's. "But that is not to say that your relationship will not endanger his safety, no?" Katrin paused once more, allowing for her words to sink in.

"If you truly love this man, you will do what is necessary to protect him, yes?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.