Ended
Watch

Business or Fun?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The lobby of the Four Seasons is well lit with light fromt he windows and interior sources. The plants present are still green and healthy and the furnishings are comfortable for people sitting and waiting, be it for a room or to meet someone. Despite this congeneal atmosphere the hotel is relatively quiet, a few travellers checking in or out but it was not too busy.

It was a nice, if chilly, day outside, which was probably why the lobby of the Four Seasons had few patrons. There was one who wouldn't have stood out much to the average person, but to her fellow Lost she would be noticable. Morgan is alone in that section of the lobby, thanks to some "arrangements" with the staff. The small sign noting that the area is to be used for a private gathering garnered more attention than did Morgan.

Morgan herself is dressed better than her normal attire. Her blue sweater and black trousers are new, not showing the wear and tear of her normal attire. There is also not a single hint of duct tape on either article of clothing. Looking up at a clock in the lobby, Morgan tries to calm herself as she waits for someone to arrive. All the arrangements have been made to ensure a moderate level of privacy, the staff know to direct "certain people" to this area, and Morgan has what she needs IF someone shows up to do business with her.

It was that IF part that made Morgan nervous. She is unsure if anyone had even seen her posting, or if she put it in the correct place. She was sure she'd hidden it correctly though, and that no normals would spot the message. If I hadn't hidden it right, cops would be here asking why I need identity work.

OOC: this scene is open to any Changelings, feel free to drop in

Mask Hardened

A man wearing a business casual outfit walked into the Four Seasons. After exchanging a few words with someone at the hotel's lobby, the man walked over in Morgan's direction. "Good day," he said to the Beast in greeting. "I believe you are the one that needed assistance with acquiring some...identification?" The Sun Banisher gave the raccoon girl a scrutinizing look, trying to decide what he made of her. He did recall her being briefly involved in the ruckus at the Autumn Coronation, but she was dismissed by Katrin while they deal with the other one....so he guessed it was probably one of those "wrong place, wrong time" sort of cases.

"I'm Harvey," he said to the Steepescrambler, extending his hand out to her.

Outfit

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan stood as the man raised his hand. She couldn't see any signs that he was Lost, but there were easy ways to do that. A quick look at his shadow indicated somethings were a little, off, but nothing definite. He wouldn't know about it unless he was a part of the Freehold. So he's either a changeling or an allied human. Best keep it careful.

Morgan accepted the offered hand and gave a friendly handshake, "Greetings Harvey, I'm Morgan it is a pleasure to make your acquiantance. I take it you read my posting? Out of curiousity, are you a club member or a NORMAL affiliate?" Best to be sure what she was talking to before letting anything slip. Morgan then let go of his hand with a smile and motioned for them to sit at the available chairs. "In truth, my needs are more towards...improvement than acquisition. The previous expert that provided that...resource to me said it was created so that it could easily be improved."

A smirk formed on the corner of the Shadowsoul's lips as he let go of Morgan's hands. "I've been a club member probably for longer than you've walked this earth," he said in response, letting out a soft chuckle. "Then again, I wouldn't want to make assumptions." He paused for a moment, studying the Steepescrambler a little closer. "So, you are basically looking to sharpen up your current ID, huh?" he said, scratching his chin for a moment before saying anything else. "Well, I know some people that know some people...so it is certainly doable, that's for sure." The Sun Banisher paused for a moment before adding, "now, the question is, what are you willing to offer in return?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

And there was the rub of it. While Morgan did have some money to work with, she didn't think it'd cover the costs. Nor did she have any tokens, rare contracts, Hedge treasures, or much else to barter with. All she really had was her skills. So, she'd have to see how far that took her.

"Well I'm glad to discuss this with a club member. Help avoid a little confusion I suppose, heh-heh." Morgan mentally slapped herself. Business here, no blabbering. Morgan took a deep breath and let it out. When she spoke again, she did so in a rather calm and even tone, lacking any hint of the worry present earlier, "Regarding compensation, that is going to invovle some negotiation. I'm new in town, so I lack favors to trade or influence to call upon. I do have funding, but not at the level that would make up for the effort you'd be doing on my behalf. What I can offer are my current skill set. I have been operating as a courier, delivering...things both here and in Chicago for people, both reputable and not so much. I just take shortcuts across buildings. My services in this field are my initial offer, either to you or to your contacts. So...I guess this is where we start negotiating, yes?"

Harvey listened to the Beast's words, keeping a straight face throughout the whole speech. "Courier services, huh?" asked the Shadowsoul, giving the girl a scrutinizing look. "Perhaps we can work out some sort of arrangement after all." He smirked for a brief moment, considering what sort of deal they could make. "I'm not particularly interested in money, so that works out for the two of us," he said to Morgan as he adjusted the collar of his shirt a bit.

"But making a deal of sorts, that is something I can get behind," said the Sun Banisher, meeting the Steepescrambler's eyes with his own gaze.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was able to meet Harvey's gaze and did not waiver. She had learned to keep her cool for negotiating business, she wouldn't have been able to get the good paying jobs if she didn't. She was the first to blink.

She then gave a small smile, glad that something could be worked out. "Well, I'm glad that we can come to an arrangement. Keep in mind, I won't be able to tell you if I can or cannot fulfill a delivery without further details."

In her mind she ran over possibilities for what those jobs could be. With the service she was getting Harvey she guessed that the jobs could have connections to the Freehold, businesses, criminals, or even the police. But it shouldn't be more trouble then the jobs in Chicago so she nodded her head before continuing, "So, lets get down to those details, shall we? How exactly would you like to have my services used in order to compensate for your services?"

Harvey raised an eyebrow slightly at the Steepescrambler's words. "Well, I do not need anything delivered right now," he said to Morgan, storing both of his hands in his pockets. "What we can do is make an open-ended deal of sorts." The Sun Banisher paused for a moment, letting his words sink in. "We could agree that you will use your skills as a courier to help me sometime in the future. Say, within a year and a day sound good?" A little smirk formed on the corner of the Shadowsoul's lips as he said those words.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan blinked before considering his proposal. She still had no idea what kind of job he'd want her to do, but he was part of the Freehold so she should trust him. It couldn't possibly be worse then some jobs in Chicago.

But, somehow her instincts told her something was off. She guessed that the deal really didn't seem all that fair to her. "Alright, uh, let me see if I got this straight. You're going to do all that work for making me a better ID and you only want 1 job in exchange? I know you're making the offer, but...are you sure one job will cover the cost of the ID?"

The smirk on the corner of Harvey's lips became more prominent for a brief moment. "Who said it would be only one job?" he asked, waggling his eyebrows at Morgan. "That's why I was proposing an open-ended agreement of sorts. Not all courier jobs carry the same amount of importance, right?" His eyes met the Beast's as he said those words, observing her reactions to his words. "Obviously if we were to make such a deal, I wouldn't request that you do anything outside the duties of a courier," he added, his smirk widening into a smile as he said those words.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread