Ended
Watch

The Cutest Little Savage

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    D
    Decibelle

"Priscus Connery?" The Haunt had lingered after her Acknowledgement, spending a few moments glancing at Dillon with an expression that looked like a mixture of admiration, fear, and desire, before eventually forcing herself to straighten up and walk over to him. The Herald was still nearby, but to be honest, she doubted Martha would be interested - and it wasn't as if this was a particularly private matter. "I'm glad I caught you. In a little bit of a pickle, and I figured the Gangrel might be able to help."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"We do love pickles," Dillon jokes offhandedly, having stood up to take another walk around Elysium, and to perhaps venture to the Avalon upstairs for moment to check on things. There is absolutely no hurry, though, and Dillon's posture looks completely relaxed. His thumbs hooked behind the front pockets of his slacks, Dillon considers the phrasing.

He's not so big of a jerk that he'd use the word presumptuous, but it is amusing.

"What is it that makes this a Gangrel interest, specifically?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

D
    Decibelle

Is that a blush that rises in Abigail's cheeks when he jokes with her, or just a trick of the light? Her facial expression, for just a moment, is that of the abashed schoolgirl, before she composes herself once more, looking like an eager neonate once more. When he stands up to move, she falls into step behind him, before realizing he's stopped where he is. There's an awkward moment of shifting before she picks up conversation. "Yeah. You might not like these, uh, pickles though. They're... sour?" Working in the confines of the metaphor is difficult, and she eventually gives up.

"I've got something that, like, kinda needs to be checked out in the forest of, y'know, Sacramento, and it was suggested I bring along someone with talents for, well, y'know... camping. What was it?" She pauses for a moment, knitting her brow. "Like... hiding in the, y'know, earth?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's lopsided smirk widens just a little as he notes Abigail's reaction, but he doesn't draw attention to it. If he had been expecting anything from her, coy certainly isn't it. Of course he much prefers that to her trying to chew on him. That would be a nuisance.

"I believe Haven of Soil is the popular title," he says with a nod. Earh Meld was another term that got tossed around a bit. Which Dillon always thought was interesting, because they only refer to the very raw basics of the Gift.

The Gangrel's brow knits slightly with curiosity, and his head tilts to the side a scant inch. "'Was suggested' by who, precisely?"
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

D
    Decibelle

"Y-yeah, that... stuff." For a moment, she had to wonder how Arnold had gotten to know so much about the Gangrel's talents, before she decided that it wasn't something she was particularly interested in learning more about. Idly, she folds her arms across the front of her shirt, perhaps in a subconscious effort to make the religious slogan on the front. "I don't know anything about it, and all. Mr - "

She paused, a thought occuring, and she studied the Deputy for a moment, wringing her hands together. "Actually, I'm not entirely sure if he'd want his name told, but, uh -" She thought for a moment, before smiling slightly. "If you promise to just give me the names of some people who can do that, I'll give you the person who suggested it?"
    It wasn't quite boon-wrangling, but it was a start, something for her to learn. Even if it involved the Gangrel Priscus and Deputy of the city, a man with whom political negotiation was a very poor idea.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

One eyebrow raises.

Curious and curiouser.

With a slight lift of his hands to aid the gesture, Dillon shrugs. "I'm actually not sure that any of us can't, Miss Pendleston. Though there are a few of us that may not yet be advanced enough to draw claws or take the shape of animals, taking Haven within the earth is too useful of an ability. It is one we generally learn with haste in our sometimes-gypsy Requiem.

"Now before I risk sending any of my cousins into potential danger - or worse, a trap - you will tell me what this is about. What, and who."

The Gangrel deputy's face picks up its fun, wry grin once more. As though they are happily discussing something lighthearted and trivial. Such as the fancy, newest slang for blood dolls.

"Please."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

D
    Decibelle

The moment Dillon grins, Abby visibly melts, instantly capitulating to Dillon's request. As long as he keeps grinning at her like that, why shouldn't she offer it up? Wasn't like it was some big secret, anyway.
    Taking a moment to swallow - even if she doesn't need to - she nods her head, rapidly. "Yeah, of course. If I could do it, I'd, like, learn it as soon as I could, too, y'know? Way useful thing to do." Pausing, she shifted her position, before continuing again.

"So, anyway, Mr. Culler was the one who suggested I find a Gangrel to help me. Apparently there's some, like, strange goings-on at Yolo National Park he wants me to check out, y'know? I dunno if there's danger. Don't think so, sun aside." She pauses again, idly playing with the collar of her tee. Damnit, why hadn't she dressed up for this? Was he smiling at her shirt? Did he think it was funny?

Maybe he hadn't noticed. Things seemed to be going alright, regardless.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Lord Culler?" Now both of Dillon's eyebrows raise. "I see."

The Gangrel's left hand lifts from its hook in his belt loop to scratch absently as his chin while he thinks. He can't help but wonder what the Necropolis Master's interest might be in such a thing. And why send Abigail and someone else to look at the scenario? Clearly, that Shepard character that was with him before either isn't of Gangrel blood after all, or Culler felt her too valuable of a resource to risk.

"I will certainly ask if anyone is interested."
    Dillon's smile is that ever-present friendly smirk, again. Hazel eyes only then follow Abby's fidgeting with the collar of her shirt. If he has any comments on the slogan, or questions on why she is wearing it, he keeps them to himself.

"Several of us are involved with various investigations and things around the domain, however. It could be some time before one of us frees up. If a new cousin of mine shows up in town with nothing to do, May I go ahead and give them your contact information?"

Because if nothing else, it will do to keep tabs on Arnold Culler.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

D
    Decibelle

Wait, he saw? He saw what? Lord Culler was a member of the Domain, which meant that any work he gave her had to be above board, right? That's what he saw, wasn't it - it had to be what he saw. But then he was thinking too much, spending too much time silent, which meant there might be an angle she hadn't thought of. Or he was bluffing.

No, he was asking if anyone was interested. Fun. That probably meant that things were going to work out, and she distantly noticed her own fidgeting stopping once his eyes drifted to her fingers playing with the collar. Swallowing - wow, she hadn't done that in a while - she gave him a happy grin. "Great. That's just great - any help you can throw our way will be, like... helpful." Oh, wonderful, she was messing up her words again.

"Anyway. Contact information." Advantage of being near the Herald was that pens and paper weren't exactly in limited supply, and she quickly jotted down some words on the back of a blank sheet of paper, folding it up and handing it over to Dillon. "That's my Facebook, and that's my email address. You can usually reach me there: I get it on my phone."

BeeBee Pendles, it read, with an email address scrawled underneath: hanibelle@gmail.com - it seemed that a reprimand regarding the security of cellphone communications had sunken in. Last thing she wanted was someone tracking her cellphone's location.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon manages only to blink at the redundancy of his helpful helping help, seeing no reason to chide Abby about stumbling over her words. She is acting fidgety and nervous enough as it is.

"You got it," he says with a considerate glance down to the paper, nodding slightly at her particular method. Dillon looks back up to the ashen Haunt without lifting his chin, that smirk playing at his mouth again. In amusement, this time.

Because of his height, he still isn't exactly looking at her past his eyebrows.

"BeeBee? Hanibelle? ... Dare I ask?"

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.