Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Pizza Dinner!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Continued from here...

As the group of Lost--plus Jane and her grandfather--arrived at the Round Table Pizzeria, it didn't take that long for them to find a booth that was large enough to sit all six of them. Although, the place seemed to be rather busy that afternoon, with what looked like a middle school soccer team celebrating their most recent victory. There were a few families scattered around the tables of the pizza parlor, and the waiting staff seemed to be constantly running around the place to make sure they had everything under control.

"Thanks again for bringing us here," said the homeless man, offering a quick smile in gratitude of Heath's generosity. "We really do appreciate it."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

The Minstrel smiled heartily, "Hey, you're welcome. Just enjoy yourselves and remember the bill is on me." He puts his hand to his face as he whispers conspiratorially to Terra beside him, "Though if we're all eating I may need a bit more than twenty bucks." Still he wouldn't worry, so long as the old man and Jane got their food. Everyone else would probably order their own food if they were hungry, he could get a specialty pizza and drinks for the three of them. He'd just have a slice probably and let them have the rest.

"What're you thinking for toppings, extra cheese, extra pepperoni, extra crust? How about we just get two pizzas and have them sandwiched together?" joked Heath as he scoped out the menu.

m
    miniatureian

As they're traveling and being seated, Terra taps Duncan and whispers at him, "The best lead we've got is that feeling in the park. It's not a traditional contract, but it's somehow related to Them. We've got to get back there and examine it closer. This girl promised someone she won't talk about seeing through the Mask. We'd have to take pretty extreme measures to get that out of her."

Terra nods slightly, whispering back, "Don't worry. Pay for how much you will, I can cover the rest. 50 percent is the least I anticipate dropping."

Rubbing her hands together in delight, she "Stuffed crust!"

OOC

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary draws a menu over to herself, gracefully sliding it across the table to peer at its codified delicacies. "Get whatever you guys want. I'm not too picky. I even like anchovies, but they don't seem to have any here." The issue of the bill she ignores. If someone else suggested going somewhere to eat and lacked the fiscal power to back it up, they probably should look into wealthier friends, considering she was only one notch up the socio-economic ladder from their guests of honor.

Duncan nodded in acknowledgment of Terra's words but didn't say anything else on the matter. After all, they were in a pretty public place at the moment, so more extensive discussions on what they had found would have to wait until a little later. Once they were all seated, the Snowskin offered a smile to everyone around the table. "I can help cover some if too," he said in regards to the money issue. While he was no millionaire, at least he had a job at the Four Seasons that paid him enough to not be broke and provide what he could for his kid.

"Extra cheese and pepperoni sounds pretty good to me," he said to the group as a whole, a grin forming on his lips. "You know its a classic!"

Jane smiled to the group as a whole, clearly excited by the notion of stuffing her face with some really cheesy pizza. "Stuffed crust sounds awesome!" she called out excitedly as her eyes lit up a bit. "Extra cheese, pepperoni, bacon? I don't care really, it all sounds really good!" Her smile turned into a full blown grin as she said those last words.

Her grandfather let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head slightly. "Pardon my granddaughter, she seems to be a little excited by all of this," he said to the Lost around the table. "But like I said before, you guys pick whatever you want. Janey and I will be fine with anything." He offered them all a smile before casting a quick look at the girl, perhaps trying to remind her of keeping her good manners about her.

"I'm sorry," she said to the Lost after her grandpa's look. "I didn't mean to sound too demanding. But please, pick anything you like...and thank you!"

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

The joy in the room thickened and Heath breathed it in fondly, if only metaphorically. When the waitress comes to take their order Heath says, "Extra Cheese, Extra Pepperrrroni," rolling his r's, "some bacon bits, and as big as you can make it for all of us. And some sodas."

He smiles and looks to the warm expressions of Jane and her grandfather. "You're welcome, just kick back and relax, and remember not to eat to fast when it gets here or you'll get a stomach-ache." That was probably never normally a problem for her...

"So, err, how about a joke. A man says to the waiter, 'Waiter, will my pizza be much longer?' To which the waiter answers, 'No sir, it will be round!'" and then grins expectantly at the rest of the table.

m
    miniatureian

"Hahaha!" A laugh bursts out of Terra. She understood it wasn't the best joke, but Heath had such a good delivery. Wonder if that could be a joke to?

Maybe there could be one more request if one of them went to the bathroom later in the dinner. How would she phrase it? 'Who did you make a promise to? Why didn't you feel anything at that park?'

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary smiles at the performance, but then again, this was a rather charismatic table. Maybe we should start a rock band, she mused, her eyes and thoughts wandering into space again.

The waitress nodded as she took down the order and informed the group that she would be back with her drinks shortly, stepping away from the booth right after that. As Heath told his joke, both Jane and her grandfather laughed at it, the older man laughing a bit harder than his own granddaughter. "That was a good one," he said to the Minstrel with a smile.

After a couple of minutes, the waitress came back with their drinks, placing them on the table in front of each of them respectively. Jane drank all of her soda in one big gulp, and once she finished drinking it she looked over at her grandfather and then the rest of the group. "May I be excused? I need to use the restroom real quick," she said to them, a coy smile on her lips.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread