Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
The Basement VII

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha took a bite of the cake. What followed were sounds normally found in bedrooms... but this time it was an appreciation of decadent chocolatey goodness. And frosting. "My god."

"Up to scratch?" Daysha shook her head, at the captain doubting herself. "Oh hell I have no doubts about that..." Taking another bite and verbally savoring it again. "At all!"

So maybe the crabby cop did have a weakness, chocolate.

C
    Cross

Ryan slipped a bite into his mouth and his eyes closed. As he felt the delectable flavour going over his tongue, Doctor Marcus knew instinctively from now on that Nirvana was not achieved from spiritual enlightenment.

It was achieved from the cooking hands of Sara Harlowe. Somewhere through the bliss was something wondering about if Sara Harlowe was worse than Chef Ramsay in the kitchen to her trainees, but that didn't matter right now.

"I'm in heaven right now," was all Doc Marcus could say before he stuffed more cake into his face. He nodded enthusiastically at Daysha's last point; Harlowe'd be up to snuff.

K
    Kazakin

"...Screw the Hunting thing, let's just try and lure them out with cake," Mike said, around another forkful of chocolate buttercream and fondant covered bliss. It sometimes amazed him, the talents people had. He'd never have guessed that Harlowe was creating cake art in her basement.

"...Wish I could cook. Mind you, I'd probably weight a tonne more if I could cook like this..."

I
    Irina

"I just can't take all the flattery," Harlowe replied in a terribly droll tone of voice. But, try as she might to disguise it, there was a faint smile of pride on her face.

As it happened, killing things that went growl, grunt and bump in the night, was not her only forte.

She returned her now empty plate to the table, and made for the coffee machine before it felt too neglected. "I should'a brought candles," Harlowe commented, with a little nod to Daysha. "Would it be too cruel to y'if I asked the Old Man to check his cabinets for some?" she questioned - it was likely a joke.

The Old Man was about as likely to have birthday candles, as she was to wear pink.

Harlowe slung herself back into one of the chairs and relaxed back. It was sort of nice not to talk shop for a few minutes. he filler conversation helped her to procrastinate.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Well, if it were vampires... you'd first have to find someone to eat the cake, to lure them out." Daysha laughed and added. "I wonder if blood sugar is high that they can taste it?" Shrugging and trying to keep the tone light that evening. They all deserved it; a night of relaxing and just general bullshitting.

"Oh you most certainly will take the flattery." Daysha chided and took another bite. Soooo delicious and it was written on her face. "Ya know, my mother thinks she's Suzie homemaker, but I don't think I've ever seen her do anything like this."

"Well, the Old Man does have some candles... but doubtful they're birthday." The Detective couldn't help but join in the joking. "And the one that's always lit behind the bar."

K
    Kazakin

"Oh, that's Harlowe's ploy? We're all delicious vampire cake-bait now?" Mike said, finishing off the plate and grinning. "Damn, I'd've done it for free, with that on offer... fantastic." He leant back, feeling considerably better. He wouldn't have credited it, but the chocolate cake had actually done wonders for how shitty he'd been feeling. That, and the whole being around other people thing...
    Great, now I just need to get Harlowe to live on my floor as my personal chef, and nothing will ever be a problem again. Woo.

He shook his head, but his gaze strayed towards the booze, and his hands twitched.

Yeah, his coffee did​ need refilling...

C
    Cross

Doc Marcus continued to stuff his face on the cake, motioning a bit with his fork as his eyes fell on his pizza for a moment. He shrugged to himself and took the final bite of deliciousness, wondering what Faustian pact he would need to make it so he never gained weight so that he could constantly eat cake. "That sounds like a mighty effective trap. They'd never see such a trick coming." He smiled contentedly, his appetite nearly satisfied.

The Doc stood up and made his way over to the sink for a glass of water. The topics of conversation had been... just pleasant. As curious as he was about how Sara and Mike's case was going, he wasn't gonna be the guy to ruin the cake buzz with downer talk.

I
    Irina

The current Basement will close in three days.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.