Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral XI

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

The Spiral is pretty empty at this time of night, and as the clock hits 10pm only a couple of regulars are skulking in corners nursing pints of beer. A dart board has been propped up on the far wall, maybe as a concession to people wanting a bit of entertainment.

As a more somber edition, on the corner of the bar is the Sacramento Bee, which appears to have been very well thumbed through.

How this works

x
    xohgr

Evan enters the Spiril. He glances around the bar. Yup looks the same. He thinks, then he internally chides himself. Of course it looks the same moron, you were here not too long ago. he makes his way to the bar and sits at a stool. When he gets the attention of the old man. he says "Hello Mac, I will have a rum and coke. Hold the umbrella.

Having spent most of her Friday working on her research paper, April decided that it was time to take a break for the evening. After all, she could always get back to the paper the following day. She walked down to the Spiral, which wasn't all that far from her apartment. As usual, she had dressed down a bit, already familiar with the crowd at this particular bar. Besides, it wasn't like she was trying to impress anyone. If she was lucky, she would run into Lynx there, who she hadn't spoken to in a few weeks.

I wonder how he's doing...I mean, with Derevko gone missing and all...

As she walked into the Spiral, she headed straight towards the bar and sat down in one of the empty stools. She noticed the radio host guy out of her peripheral view, but for now April didn't say anything to him. The last time she had talked to him, the poor guy had managed to get on both Lynx and Derevko's bad side. For now she figured it was best to keep her distance and focus on what she had come here to do. "A vodka tonic please," she said to the Old Man, offering him a quick smile.

Lynx dragged himself back to the Spiral. He hadn't gotten anywhere with his investigation and forensics were still going over the evidence. Seemed like every moment took forever to tick by. Even if they found something that didn't mean that Derevko was still alive. Chances were that if he were alive he would've started taking apart his captors piece by piece. If they were after information Derevko wouldn't give them the satisfaction he was sure.

But he felt better knowing he made an effort. He couldn't just focus all his attentions on that investigation. He had other work to do and the stress was draining him. He forced himself to go out and stop by the Spiral. When he walked in he saw April standing by the bar. He smacked his open palm against his forehead a couple times in frustration. Dammit, I should've called her. I haven't talked to her in weeks and now she's going to think I've been blowing her off. Okay, it's alright, maybe she's been busy with school and she won't be pissed about it.

Lynx walks over tentatively and sits down next to her at the bar, "Hey there, April. Uhh, how've you been?" he asked her lamely.

April instantly recognized the familiar voice next to her. Part of her wanted to be upset at Lynx for not calling, but she hadn't bothered to call him either...so she couldn't blame it all on him. Maybe Derevko's words had gotten through to her, making her realize that getting romantically involved with people like him and Lynx was a bad idea for someone like her. After all, she was only a student in her early twenties, with her whole life ahead of her. The fact that Derevko had suddenly disappeared in the past few weeks certainly didn't help. Especially after the strange thing that had happened to all three of them at the hotel, which then lead them to that strange hospital.

Could it be...no, it can't be. But what if he was in fact digging to deep? Did someone notice? Is that why he is gone?

Eventually, April snapped back to the present time as she realized that she had probably left Lynx hanging without a reply for a few seconds. "Hey you," she said to him, offering him a quick smile. "I've been alright, mostly busy with school work. How are things with you?" And just as she asked the question, she realized how dumb it sounded. He had lost his partner, and no one knew where the scarred agent was. As much as Derevko may have been an ass like 90% of the time, April knew that Lynx did care for the guy.

"I'm sorry to hear about Derevko," she finally added, meeting his eyes for a moment. There was a sincere look of concern in them.

I
    Irina

"Do you see a badge with the name 'Mac', anywhere on my person." The Old Man drawled in a decidedly unimpressed voice. Something in the tone he used suggested that an actual answer was in no way required.

He was pretty sure he had warned someone about that, at some previous point in time; which begged the question of 'why in Hell did people keep making that mistake'?

The Old Man was certain he did not look like a 'Mac'.

He pulled a clean glass and poured the drink.

x
    xohgr

A smirk twisted Evan's lips. He watched as first April then Jaeger entered and walked to the bar. Since neither of them said anything to him, Evan assumed they had busniess of their own. He would bet a months pay it had something to do with Derevko. He nodded his thanks to the old man and sat quietly, for now.

A smile was better than a scowl by Lynx's interpretation. He smiled back reflexively, a subtle raise of cheeks. So she had been busy, that was alright. She had her own life to maintain, maybe it was even better that they had taken a break inadvertently. Though was it just a break he wondered.

His eyes met hers. At the mention of Derevko, Lynx's smile drooped back down. "Ah, so you've been studying the papers too. Yeah, he's still missing. Probably giving hell to whoever took him." Whether literally or figuratively. "But we'll find him, don't worry. Probably faked his own kidnapping just to get in a vacation." The joke was for April's sake. Don't worry, justice will prevail. Either we find Derevko or he make those who took him pay, was what he wanted to say, but a joke was easier to hear and related he was dealing with it well enough to make light of it.

April gave him a slight nod. "Yes, I do read the newspaper in occasion," she said to him, which was probably an understatement to be perfectly honest. After all, she had always liked being in the know in regards to the happenings around the world. When Lynx implied that Derevko had actually been taken by someone, the girl's eyes widened slightly. "So...he was kidnapped after all. The newspapers reported him as missing, but didn't give many details as usual." Which she absolutely understood, since the authorities couldn't afford to compromise an investigation by having the local media advertise all their leads and what not.

She couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at his joke. "Vacation?" she asked, rolling her eyes slightly. "I get the feeling that he isn't the kind of person that takes many of those." April gave Lynx another smile before adding, "I do hope you guys find him soon."

"Hrm, well maybe you're right." He said, scratching his chin. "Maybe the only way the SAC could force him to take a vacation is by kidnapping him and stranding him on a tropical island." Of course the SAC wouldn't do that, and he wouldn't have organized an investigation to find him if that were the case.

"But yeah, I know you won't go around spreading the fact. Derevko was your friend too so I figured you'd want to know." Friend might've been a loose term when speaking of Derevko, but they were probably the closest things he had to friends besides a loaded gun and a whiskey bottle.

Time for a change of subject, "So, uhh, sorry I haven't called in a while..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.