Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Matter of Fitness

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

After receiving the phone call from Rook, Terri was glad of something else to take her mind off the issues invading her mind. And thinking about fitness and her passion for it meant her mind would be busy for a while.

Entering the Four Seasons, Terri didn't bother disturbing Mr. Bates and headed straight for Rook's room, taking the stairs with a spring in her step. As she reached the door, she gave a knock with her knuckles before checking her nails as she waited.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

Rook opened the door almost immediately, his grip careful. As he let go though, there was an obvious crumpled look to the metal handle on the inside. Occupational risk of being Rook's doorknob. Even controlled as he was, everyone had a bad day now and again. Those were the days that the door handle, the wall, and the desk ended up being mysteriously damaged.

Rook was very thankful that the Four Seasons management were very understanding.

The towering Metalflesh wasn't wearing his jacket or tie, his shirtsleeves rolled up to the elbow. This was his version of casual. The mirrored sunglasses glinted in the light.

"Hey, Terri. Come on in. Make yourself at home."

The room itself was a standard double, nothing impressive. A picture of a smiling, younger looking Rook and a laughing auburn haired woman holding a gap-toothed toddler and a small boy was stood on the desk, next to a half-full bottle of Ardbeg and two glasses. The metal badge he'd worn as a police office was on the bedside table, with the flame marked zippo lighter.

Other than that, the room itself was markedly standard. Rook didn't really have much, or want anything anyway.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri greeted Rook the same way she did with most of her friends; with a hug, wrapping her petite ars around the Elemental's strong frame. Once she broke the gesture, the Beast entered the room and quickly took a look around. Of course, she noticed the picture and a twinge of sadness hit her.

"Hey Rook, nice place," she said, honestly. If this is where Rook had found a home, she was not going to criticise.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

K
    Kazakin

Rook cautiously returned the hug, his powerful steel arm carefully and briefly pressing around Terri's shoulders. His expression was faintly bemused as Terri called the Hotel room he lived in, nice. He blinked behind his sunglasses, closing the door behind him.

"...Is it?" the Metalflesh said cautiously. "It's just a hotel room." He looked around. "...I suppose it could be considered nice."

'Nice' was a complicated principle for Rook.

"...Anyway. Can I offer you a drink?"

Description

PRE

"Yes, it may just be a hotel room, but its your hotel room. So, in that regards, its nice," Terri said with a smile.

"Oh, yes please, I'll strike out and have whatever you're having." She found herself heading over to the window and taking a look outside to the freehold. "How's the fitness class going?"

K
    Kazakin

"Terri, please. I'm a castle. On a bad day, I can best express myself as a series of letters," Rook said, with the faint, amiable humour that he generally held. "If it's nice, I'll take your word for it. Anya seems to like it, any-" The Metalflesh bit down on his tongue far too late, with the trademark grimace of frustration that meant his ensorcellment had gotten the better of him.

"...Moving on."

He poured Terri and himself a generous shot of his rather good Scotch and slid the glass across to her. All the while, his rigid fingers moved with such delicate care that it was surprising for such a powerful steel tower.

"So far, pretty well. I had quite a lot of people turn out, and I'm hoping they got something out of it. I just held it late night at the Forge. But it seems to be something people actually want in the Freehold - a way to get in better shape physically. And you'll forgive me for sounding like a typical Summer - God knows it's probably the first time anyone's accused me of that. Still, it helps all of us to have at least the ability to run away when trouble comes knocking. It always does, sooner or later. You said a lot of people seemed interested in learning Free Running?"

Description

PRE

Terri grinned at Rook's slip of the tongue but didn't pry. She wasn't entirely sure how much if his and Anya's relationship was common knowledge, and so it wouldn't be fair to tease...at least not yet.

"Thanks," she said, picking up the glass and sniffing the amber liquid. She took and sip, and immediately pulled a face. "My God! That's strong stuff!" she laughed, wondering why anyone would actually enjoy drinking such stuff neat. Maybe with some Diet Coke... she mused, placing the glass back down.

"Its good to hear that people are interested in keeping themselves fit, especially with the lives we all lead," Terri added, her tail swishing side to side as she thought of doing something she loved. "Yeah, I had some interested parties, both from within the freehold and from some guys I met at that Pipeworks place? Its a climbing gym, quite cool, actually. Following the Festival of Strength, I think people are realising the value of having a strong, flexible body."

K
    Kazakin

"Not your drink?" Rook said amiably, sipping his own Scotch. "It is a bit of an acquired taste, admittedly. I didn't used to like it much myself, when I was younger. Laura taught me how to appreciate it." His lips twisted at the corner into a strange, distant smile, and for a moment, he actually looked old.

But only for a moment. The effort of having that sort of emotion was too much for the steel of his nature and it passed. He nodded.

"Particularly after we almost had a Wyrm crash the party," the Red Victor added. "Good thing there were so many of us out there. But yes - between the two of us, I think we could get people into pretty good shape." He gave a little nod. "Freeholders and mortals alike - it can't hurt if others want to try it out. I mean, if it worked, it could be a massive benefit to people here. Help them protect themselves. If it makes one mortal a little harder to steal away, it would be worth it."

Description

PRE

"Yes, I heard about that," Terri commented, shaking her head, and wondering what exactly went wrong to bring the ire of a Wyrm. She herself had had enough experience with getting on the bad side of a Wyrm; her Keeper was very unpleasant. "I tend to agree. Now, though, is trying to determine how and when. I'm sure I could get Alec to cover the boutique more so we could focus on training. I mean, I know I could do with more endurance training."

K
    Kazakin

Rook nodded slightly, not particularly feeling the need to discuss the Wyrm any further. The importance of it was that it had happened, it had been present, and it was a threat the Freehold that had been dealt with. The Red Victor simply knew that he couldn't be everywhere at once, and he believed it was important for everyone to be able to defend themselves, at least in the basics.

"I play in the evenings, most of the time. Daytime is probably better if there are going to be mortals involved. I ran my class in the middle of the night, but that's because of the venue - the Forge isn't really the most discreet of places," he said, giving a little smile at the corner of his mouth. "Couldn't risk the sunglasses coming off and someone walking in." The Metalflesh turned his head slightly, thinking.

"We'd need a place, as well."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread