Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

In which the Bishop and Herald converse

THREADID

Martha Villiers

PRE

Down iIn the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low. Away from the press of the wealthy patrons and the nightclubs' bright lights it is much, much quieter.

A calmer atmosphere prevails in the low lit area which is now heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha is moving between offices and chambers. Hoping to get to her Chamber before her meeting with the Bishop.

Her arms full of rolled up charts, maps and shiny corporate prospectus folders. Martha is meekly and sweetly attired in her usual English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, a long black gymslip shows her slim legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into log and neat twin tails, each tail is tied with a large red ribbon bow.

She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes thanks to her C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel slung over a shoulder, her cane held in the mix of charts and other paperwork she's gripping.

Limping badly, but trying to skip as she does so, Martha is clearly in something of a hurry.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor was punctual, because it would have been the height of poor manners to be late. His fedora was pulled low as he descended the stairs, the long black coat sweeping out behind him. The calm control of his movements did not fluctuate as he headed into the low lights.

His scarred hand, marked with the knotted injury he'd sustained in life, flashed briefly as he pulled his fedora off, tucking it under his arm. Down here, there was no need to obscure the marks of his blood curse. He would not avert eyes from it. That would have been to demonstrate shame.

The shadowed Haunt was not ashamed.

His eyes picked out the limping form of the Herald as he stepped into the vault, and he turned his head slightly. The movement was sudden and almost mechanical, as if he'd suddenly been wrenched into a new shape.

"Do you require assistance, Herald Villiers?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

For a moment Martha simply freezes where she stands and inspects the fearsome form of the fedora wearing man. His towering presence made her smile, but it was not joyful, More a smile which requests: 'please don't hurt me!'

She grips tighter to her rolls of charts and cane and, after a heartbeat or two, her smile becomes more genuine and relaxed. "Goodness, Bishop! I hadn't realized I was so behind schedule! The meeting with the alderman took longer than I had planned.I am sorry, sir. I hopefully should be able to manage with these charts...but I shall be grateful if you would follow me to my Chamber...I might drop something en route and would welcome your aid if I did so!" she giggles happily. Her good mood restoring, she hobbles over towards her Chamber. Pausing at the door long enough to struggle with the charts to get her keys from her blazer pocket.

Soon, she is inside. The maps and documents laid carefully across her busy looking desk, and Sidor is invited inside with a smile. A gentle hand gesture invites him to find a seat.

Her Chamber hints at what is within. On one wall there are three modern, if large, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in tutus holding a ballet poses against a dark background. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.'

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. The desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Three bookcases are against one wall. Each is over filled with pre-owned books. They look, at first glance, to be entirely textbooks and non-fiction. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer on the desk too. An e-reader is also in evidence which carefully rests at the space on her desk.

There are also few comfortable chairs and a couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean and also has the aroma of fresh lemons.

"Please...please, Bishop, do make yourself comfortable!"
    once she has lain down her papers, she takes off her hat and satchel and sits meekly on the couch. Resting her cane across her lap and taking great care to sit meekly.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

The Haunt shakes his head at the offer to sit.

"I can not -- I simply came to inform you that business requires I leave the Domain."

Sidor leaves.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With such a shock of information, Martha raised a hand to wish Sidor well. They had had cross words, but she had not once lost fear or respect for him. Mostly fear...

By the time she had blinked at the news and was forming the words good luck and Godspeed on her lips, he was gone from her Chamber. Leaving Martha to wonder about the aftermath of this.

A Deputy gone...a Bishop gone...she fished her mobile 'phone from her pocket and began to send a joint text to the Reeve, Ariana, Asa, Alice and, of course, Dillon to share the news.

Closed Thread