DISPLAYED
A Girl and Her Dog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Dirge had been in town a couple of days and still no luck finding what she needed. Finding the local Kindred population was a little more challenging that she thought it would be. She had just come from a local soup kitchen and was able to score a couple of sandwiches, to use for bribes, and some food for her pal Cerberus. Now it was time to find some answers.

She continued walking down the street taping her cane on the sidewalk and letting her seeing eye dog Cerberus lead her to the nearby alley were some of the local homeless gathered that she met over the past couple of nights. She had been surprised how soon she was accepted among their community as one of their own. But, now that she though of it she really was one of their own. With that on her mind she rounded the corner into the alleyway she had been looking for.

As Cerberus leads Dirge down the alley, her supernaturally-heightened senses detect the scents of sweat and grime and cheap booze and despair, confirming that she is indeed among the homeless. One of them breathes with a phlegmy wheeze.

A voice she doesn't recognize says, loudly, "Whoa! I heard the cane and saw the dog an' I thought for a minute it was the Rev'rend!"

"Fool, there more blind folk in da world than jus' the Rev," mutters a voice already familiar to Dirge, that of a woman named Marge.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Dirge’s appearance was like it was every night. She wore the same stained and holey jeans, sneakers, hooded sweat shirt, and her Yankee’s ball cap that she always did. She also had the same dirty black cloth blindfold on that matched the color of her hair. It looked like she hadn’t bathed in a week, maybe longer. It smelled like it too.

She turned her head toward Marge’s voice and spoke, “Hey Marge.” Turning to the direction of the new voice she continued. “I don’t think we’ve met before. My name’s Dirge. Sorry to ask, but who’s this Rev'rend, he a blind priest?”

"Hey, Dirge. I'm Jimbo. I don' usually hang here, I stay at the camp onna edga town The Rev'rend... well, he's a Rev'rend. And yeah, he's blind."

"He's a nut," mutters another voice familiar to Dirge, that of Hairy Gary. "Always talkin' 'bout monsters an' demons an' Jesus talkin' to him. But Jimbo buys all that shit. The Rev made him see the light, praise the Lord, Hallelujah!...'cause he seen monsters too. A giant, wa'nt it?"

"Fuck you, Gary," Jimbo mutters, sullenly.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Now this was some interesting rumors, and perhaps something that can get Dirge closer to some kindred activity. She had to find out more details but still play it cool.

"I don't know about monsters, but I do know there's some scary ass stuff out there. Shit, I don't want nothing jumping out and grabbin' me or Cerberus here, especially since I wouldn't see it comin'," while focused intently on Jimbo she continued, "Whatcha you see Jimbo?"

Jimbo relates his story.

"Looked like a man.. a really, really big man, tall an' strong like, an' dressed in smelly rags. He showed at the camp one night, actin' friendly. I didn' rec'nize him, thought sumthin' might be up, but I didn' give the Rev'rend no heed those days. It tricked me into gettin' off alone, an'... it did somethin' to me. Afterward, I felt... all strange. I could barely stand up, an' I hadn't drunk anythin' that night. The Rev'rend and his dog found me, an' the Rev'rend helped me get to the 'mergency room. The docs, they said I was suff'rin from blood loss, but I didn' have a cut on me! Right then, I knew... the Rev'rend was right 'bout them demons and vampires an' all that."

Hairy Gary snorts, and Jimbo angrily replies "Hey, fuck you, man! I know it happened."

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge was certain he was right about it being a vampire. It definitely fits the behavior of one. But that Rev'rend could have been involved or just a good Samaritan and it's hard to tell which.

"No shit? What part of town did this happen in? Is there any other places around town I should stay away from? I just got in from 'Frisco a couple days back and I'm still learning the area."

"Camp's down in South Sac, by da old trainyard," Marge says. "Squattaville. Cops mostly leave it 'lone for da mos' part, long as nobody causes too much grief for da citizens during da daytime."

"Yeah, but the Rev'rend ain't there now," Jimbo says. "Said he had t' minister somewhere else for awhile. Any of you seen 'im?" Although she can't tell, Dirge guesses Jimbo is looking at her as he adds "No 'fense... what's your name?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

She always hated this question and it crops up often.

"Like I said the name's Dirge and I've been using it for years, about five years to be exact. My given name carries to many pleasant memories and it only serves to remind me what I lost, before the accident."She paused then sighed before continuing, "But, if you must know my name was Carol, promise me you won't use it."

"Uh, okay, Car... uh, Dirge, I mean," fumbles Jimbo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread