Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A Scream After Dark

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

It is dark out, a few of the street lights are flickering down the expanse of tar, and no lights are shining in the buildings. It was probably one of those places only the really shady did business, but that was how networking worked sometimes.

But this was something different, animals had been going missing. A good number of animals, of all shapes and sizes. Not a single sound could be heard from an animal source, not even cicadas.

If the missing animals didn’t catch your mind, it was the mention of finding them murdered on the park benches.

But tonight seems worse, like the air is pressing in on you. It’s eerie, and there’s just some small creep to your spine because of it.

And that’s when a screech hits the relatively cool night air.

This plot is open to Ariadne , Noctina , Dark Eyes ( Princess ), New Players, and Any others who are in NO OTHER PLOT
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Out for a stroll at night in her modern take on film noir clothing, the chill air nipping at a bit of exposed skin, Kimberly S. Mitchell couldn't help but wonder, what in the hell is causing animals to disappear and turn up mutilated on park benches? It was a simple thought, but it really did cut to the heart of the issue that had most recently caught her eye in this surprisingly awkward city. Her flashlight is forced by the hand holding it to jerk in the direction of the strange sound, and her eyes don't take long to catch up. I suppose it's good I'm armed. Where is... anyone else?

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-03 23:31:11 Dark Eyes rolls 8 to Unseen Aegis (10 Again) 3, 2, 6, 1, 10, 9, 3, 8, 4 3 successes
    2012-09-03 23:30:47 Dark Eyes rolls 8 to Dark Matter (10 Again) 5, 5, 6, 10, 2, 1, 7, 10, 2, 3 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-03 23:04:01 Noctina, Armour (24 hour duration, mana provided by hallow) rolls 8 to Space + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 6, 9, 5, 4, 10, 3, 9, 3, 9 4 successes
    2012-09-03 23:01:15 Noctina, Sneak Ability Incognito Presence rolls 8 to Manipulation + Subterfuge + Mind (10 Again) 7, 8, 5, 5, 5, 10, 1, 5, 5 2 successes

I looked around the street, it was an eerie feeling, then again that could just be my imagination screwing with me again but something was wrong, the quiet was nearly a sense unto itself rather than the absence of one.
    Where are the insects?

I already had my suspicions about what was going on; animals aren't usually great targets for thieves, a loyal animal can put up a hell of a fight and make more than a little noise. Then you have to move it, of course if it is a valuable enough animal some collector will pay thousands just to put it in a cage, these weren’t rare animals. The fact that the animals ended up dead only days after... A sinking feeling in my stomach told me someone could be grabbing these animals to sacrifice them for mana, I shuddered to think of what so much mana could be required for, or what darker rituals might require such sacrifice.

The piercing shriek forced me out of my head, my hand clenched, instinctually it lurched towards my knife but I supressed the movement, if any law enforcement was around walking with a knife out was just asking for trouble. Being as inconspicuous as I could my feet took me towards the source of the noise, or whatever stood for decent guess at its direction. Ahead of my I saw a woman with a flash light.
    Dark Eyes? A Flash light? That’s like waving a bloody signal saying; HEY LOOK HERE I AM SHOOT ME!
    Fucking Amateurs...

I closed the distance between us as well as I could and tapped her on the shoulder gently if she hadn’t noticed me. With my presence misdirected by the cracks in reality, noticing me was a bit more difficult but not impossible.

“What are you doing here?” I said my voice low in volume but filled with concern and annoyance.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne flinches as she rounds the corner, the screech echoing in her mind. Stupid stupid what the hell Apparently there are better nights to go for a late night walk. A dark blue long sleeve shirt sits tucked into a pair of worn jeans. The necklace Rosh had given her hangs around her neck and is currently pulled over the shirt to lay on top of it.

Blue eyes dart to the two other people she can see. Two mages she knows, instinctively she moves towards them. Normally capable of something close to stealth Ariadne instead walks openly towards the two. Intent on strength in numbers.

"Evening."

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-03 23:20:47 Ariadne rolls 7 to Prime Sight (Wit2 + Occ3 + Prime2=7) (10 Again) 4, 9, 6, 3, 10, 10, 2, 5, 6 3 successes
    2012-09-03 23:19:18 Ariadne rolls 8 to Mage Armor + Mind Shield (Gno3+Mind5+HS2-2combined) (10 Again) 6, 7, 2, 7, 7, 8, 2, 8 2 successes
    Necklace: An emerald eyed spider rests on a delicate pentagonal web.

W
    WakingDream

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-03 23:14:30 impulse rolls 10 to Temporal Dodge (10 Again) 3, 8, 3, 5, 8, 6, 9, 5, 5, 2 3 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-03 23:23:32 Impulse rolls 6 to Search for banishers (10 Again) 5, 8, 5, 3, 5, 8 2 successes

Impulse loved the cool air. He got hot quicker than others, which was strange since he was originally from the hottest city in the world. Well, that's probably why he ended up in the U.S. and not in Bangkok. The young libertine smiled at the thought. It wasn't like he remembered any of his childhood anyway.

New to Sacramento, and California as a whole, Impulse didn't notice the lack of insects at first as being strange. He'd just assumed that this city was what most called "heaven". Who needed bugs anyway? Good riddance to bad rubbish, he thought.

The news about the slaughtered animals DID catch his attention, however. Assuming that this could not be anything good, he decided to start searching the area. Knowing there have been an increase in banisher activity, Impulse hoped that finding one of their bases would be the way he would introduce himself at the local consilium. "Hi. I'm Impulse. And I bring you the location of our enemies." He almost laughed at the thought.

A loud screeching shook him out of his reverie as Impulse quickly looked up towards the noise.

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale's day had been long and exhausting. She arrived at her new job and was thrust into the middle of a major project. She normally enjoyed her evenings off, but even with her knowledge of Time Magic she couldn't spare herself from working into the late evening. Fortunately, Chad was also adjusting to transferring to a new precinct and working late hours as well, so work wasn't preventing her from spending time with her husband.

Chad had the car tonight, and she was not able to catch up with him to inform him that she'd be working late, so she instead chose to cab home. As she left the office, she noticed it was mostly quiet out. She wasn't far from the office when she heard the scream - clear and pronounce against the already eerie silence that accompanied the night. Unsure of what was to come, Nantale returned to the privacy of her office building where she could cast her arcane protections in peace.

Temporal Eddies + Temporal Dodge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-04 00:12:41 Nantale rolls 9 to Temporal Eddies + Temporal Dodge (Time + Gnosis + HS -2 ) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 4, 3, 8, 5, 1, 3, 6, 2, 2 2 successes

She cautiously walked back outside and down the street. She thought she knew where the noise came from - but was it wise to investigate alone? Her curiosity won out in the end, and she found herself investigating. She found herself approaching a few other people - one with a flashlight, and two others - one of whom she recognized from the Mysterium meeting. She approached slowly and quietly asked, "What's going on? What was that shriek?"

Everyone please roll me [Perception-2 (Darkness)]
    The flashlight adds +1 to Dark Eye's roll.
    NOTE: This is visually based, please take appropriate negatives.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale sees nothing
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-06 20:22:09 Nantale rolls 5 to see something in the dark (10 Again) 5, 4, 6, 3, 3 failure

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne turns and looks at Nantale as she approaches and speaks. Noting the spells in her aura Ariadne shifts slightly to offset her body.

"I have no idea. I was going out for my evening walk." The Guardian looks intently at the new mage for a moment before looking around the area.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-06 20:33:23 Ariadne rolls 3 to Perception in Scream (Wits2+Comp3-2=3) (10 Again) 3, 1, 3 failure

Noctina swears as she sees the grouping of mages.

There goes any chance of getting information quietly, fucking hell why can't things go smooth....

Noctina quirked an eyebrow at Ariadne, she had her suspicions that she might know more then she let on.

"Well to do the quick catch up, people are stealing animals, they are turning up dead a few days later, now this is a stupid position, unless we like getting attacked unprepared." Noctina said plainly while looking around to see if she could locate the source of the noise.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-07 19:00:00 Noctina perception in scream rolls 6 to 6 [trained ovserver] (10 Again) 10, 8, 9, 7, 1, 8, 9 5 successes
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread