Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral X

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

How this works

The Spiral is pretty empty at this time of night, and as the clock hits 10pm only a couple of regulars are skulking in corners nursing pints of beer. A dart board has been propped up on the far wall, maybe as a concession to people wanting a bit of entertainment.

As a more somber edition, on the corner of the bar is the special addition Sacramento Bee article, detailing Derevko's disappearance.

A
    Anubis

Coming out of the dark semi-cool night is a equally dark man. Glancing around the bar Wallace tries to spy any alternate exits that may exist. Seemingly satisfied Wallace swaggers up to the bar, "You got any ale?" he asks the old man.

I
    Irina

The Old Man peered over the bar with his customary scowl, and he assessed the newcomer for potential idiocy. Potentially detecting less bullshittery than usual on his 'your a fucking moron' radar, he jerked a thumb.

"Hobgoblin," he retorted, without a single trace of irony in his carefully neutral voice.

A
    Anubis

"Hmm," Wallace looks thoughtful for a second, "If that's all you got I guess I'll take a bottle." Wallace lays a Lincoln on the counter while he waits for the bartender to get his drink.

"You must hear things in your profession, do you know of anything weird going on lately?"

I
    Irina

"$3.00," the Old Man stated. He turned around and yanked a bottle from the frige, as the newcomer spoke and when he faced him again a few seconds after, merely tapped the bar with a forefinger.

"I'm a bartender," he stated bluntly. "You want to hear weird shit, read the 'oddly enough'. I don't tell stories."

A
    Anubis

"Keep the change," Wallace accepts the bottle. Nodding, "Fair enough, but I was hoping for something a little more local." A smile touches the corners of his mouth. "Oh well...guess I'll spend the rest of tonight in your attractive establishment."

Puck Scenes

Gideon strides confidently into the bar, wearing a full black suit with a loose red tie around his neck. He looks around the bar, quickly shifting his gaze from patron to patron as he makes his way to the bar.

'Seems like an interesting lot. Hopefully none of them are really part of that human trafficking rumor I heard a few days ago.' He thought before sitting at the end of the bar. He picked up the copy of the Sacramento Bee and began to read about the missing DHS agent. 'Hm. Might be a good first local story to report if I didn't hate doing recycled news. Then again it's not recycled if I find the guy. I wonder if anyone here knows the agent, or about this Sacramento Stalker?'

He then looks over to the bartender, raising a hand to signal him over.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

I
    Irina

Briefly, the Old Man wondered if the new guy was trying to be a tad condescending, flirt - what the fuck must the guy be on to try that? Or be funny. Neither option was particularly attractive to the seasoned bartender, so he simply grunted in a dismissive sort of way and acknowledged the new guy.

What is this? Fuckin' tourist season?

It had been a while since so many new faces had turned up at once. In The Spiral, two newcomers was something to talk about.

He did not move out from behind the bar, but leant forward to question. "What're you having?"

The Old Man didn't gel with damned table service.

Jaeger pushed open the door to the old Spiral. Not that there was a new Spiral, just this one always seemed a little run down and weathered. Or maybe that was just how its occupants felt when they arrive and eventually it rubbed off on the barstools and beer glasses. In any case that's how Jaeger felt tonight. His head hung a little lower, his shoulders sagged, his gait was sluggish like the life had been drained from him. He slides up to the bar, still standing and fishes in his pockets for a fiver. "Beer, please," he says in slow straightforward syllables. He didn't even notice the suit next to him talking to the Old Man, just placed his order as if the barkeep had been talking to him.

Puck Scenes

OOC

Gideon looked at the new face somewhat impatiently, then looks back at the bartender. "Same" he grumbles out at The Old Man.

'Who's this ball of sunshine? And I wonder if he knows of this disappearance. I have to start somewhere. Guess I gotta chat him up to find out.

He returns his gaze back to the new face and places the newspaper on the bar in front of him, leaving the missing agent story on top for the other man to see. "You always this upbeat or did you step on a puppy on your way over?" He says with a smile and a more upeat demeaner then the new face. Hopefully a quick joke will lighten the mood long enough to get some information.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.