Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dial-a-medic

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 21, 2010 : Forest for the Trees
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

After a night from hell with Derevko, the park and all the other shit that went on Daysha flipped the card round and round in her fingers. It was the following evening and after another long day on the real job, she was debating on calling at all. But time was not something that was afforded while following the Vigil. She took a sip of coffee from her mug and then dialed the number of the medic from the card she gave him.

As the phone rang, she thought back to the mess with and began to read through the paper.

She spit her coffee out when she read one of the headlines in the Sacramento Bee. Barely composing herself while the phone rang she re-read the article. "Oh holy shit." The words eeked out of her mouth.

Irina

I
    Irina

The phone was answered relatively quickly, and there was a pause before a vaguely bemused voice answered.

"Excuse me...?"

The speaker, identifiable by his voice as the paramedic, was probably frowning in confusion somewhere.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Oh god, sorry." Daysha having been caught off guard. "It's Daysha Jackson, you gave me your card the other night." It was clear she was a little distracted, if not still reading over the newspaper article.

"Just read something in the paper that kinda caught me by surprise." More like worried the shit out of her about a former fellow officer...and if you could count Derevko as a frien.... ok firm acquaintance yeah she was really freaking.

I
    Irina

"Detective Jackson," the paramedic answered, and sounded wearier than the last time they had spoken. Not too surprising, considering what had occurred the last week or so, either. "I'm glad you decided to call." He had, of course, been made aware of the internet conversation already.

In the background, there is a rustle of paper from his end too.

"Which article?" he asked curiously. There was so much of potential interest in the SacBee recently, it was difficult to keep track at times.

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Ooooohh the one that says 'Missing man named as DHS Geo Agent'." Daysha responded as she said in tone that sounded like she was still in shock. "I was just..." She was about to say something else but stopped herself.

"Anyway, you're glad I called?" The detective was slightly amused or confused whichever, and continued. "So, what can I do for you?" She quickly added. "Unless we need to have a conversation in person." In an obscure location somewhere that prying ears don't hear.... was what she really wanted to add but the implication was there.

I
    Irina

A chair creaked in the background, as the Paramedic swivelled around and walked across his room. "You know him," the man stated rather than asked. But he did not press the issue. He was calling for a different reason.

"Actually, it's about another article in the Sacramento Bee," the Paramedic continued. "After we spoke in The Spiral, after the men and women taking part in the vigil took to the park for their moment of silence for the missing... One of my colleagues went missing. He was mentioned in the paper, maybe you saw the article?"

D
    Daysha Jackson

"Yeah I do." Daysha said with remorse left over from that evening.

"Okay, there's a ton of articles in here." The Detective started flipping through the paper. "Body in sewer, bones that turned up by a library, remains of Sally Jenkins and stuff happening at Folsom lake." The rest were a little irrelevant so she thought. Her eye brow cocked to see Mike's name in the paper..and then an article about a father dying in a fire. "I'm not sure which article it pertains to?"

"Wait now." Daysha full stop paused when the medic mentioned park. "Uh something else strange happened in the park that night. Did you see it?" But her words sounded like more like, did you cause it?

I
    Irina

"The article about Joseph McCall," the man stated. "He's a colleague of mine." The emphasis was enough to suggest that the victim was not just your average colleague, and considering the man on the phone seemed to be aware of the supernatural, it was likely they were both Hunters.

To the latter question, the man responded without a suggestion of hesitation. "I was in radio contact with Joseph, to see if anything odd would happen at the vigil. Given the nature of what's gone on lately, we're grasping at whatever leads we can. I lost contact with him about ten minutes after he entered the park."

D
    Daysha Jackson

It had been a long stretch of 'what the fucks' for a decent amount of time now. She was starting to become numb from the constant barrage of shocking events. Despite the fact that she was still wtfing Derevko on the paper.

"By the way, what's your name?" Asking while Daysha skimmed through the paper again. "Ah, found it." She read it to herself a moment. "Radio?" It was like the needle of a record zipped across the vinyl. "Wait now, I was at the park found a radio... and a matching one at the same bar you met me in previously that night." The Detective was completely perplexed. "Though the bartender said he didn't know how the second radio got in the back room." She too was grasping at whatever leads she could.

She assumed it was safe to take another sip of her coffee while she waited for the Medic to respond.

I
    Irina

The Paramedic paused on the other end of the line, and then a soft, "hm," could be heard. Really, he sounded as honestly confused as Detective Jackson was.

"We searched the park thoroughly the moment we had enough light, combed the area left, right and center. And several times at that. We didn't find his radio, I'm gonna guess you have his," the man stated, but it was difficult to tell whether he was relieved at the recovery or not.

"When we initially lost contact with Joseph, I left my car to double-back to the park. When I got back to my car, my radio was gone, too. Assuming it is the same one, and frankly I have no fucking clue what's going on in this city anymore, how'd it get back in the bar?"

The question was rhetorical, for the most part. He just wanted answers too.

"My name's Cal, by the way."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.