Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Breaking & Entering

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Continued from here...

After Duncan managed to pick the lock to the abandoned shop, both Larry and him walked into the place, shutting the door behind them. Immediately, both of the Summer courtiers were overtaken by a strange sensation. Call it a sixth sense or intuition, the pair just had a feeling like they were not meant to be there. The whole room was rather dark, due to the windows being boarded up. The only light came from a door on the other end of the room.

"What the hell was that?" whispered the Constable to the Wizened. "Did you feel that too?" The Snowskin looked around, trying to find a light switch of some sort. "There's some light up ahead. Maybe we should check that out," he said to Larry, pointing to the beam of light coming from the door.

Room

If looking for anything in this room, all Perception and Skill-based Perception (i.e. Wits+Investigation) rolls will suffer a -3 penalty due to the darkness

Larry grimaced as something akin to a shiver went down his spine. He really didn't like that. "I felt it too, and no I got no idea what the hell it was." Larry made a note to put a flashlight on his to buy list for his next break in. Just like his buddy he stumbled around in the dark for a light switch for a while. "Yeah, just lemme see if there is a light around here. might something intresting in this room we otherwise might miss."

1 sux on Wits+Investigation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-15 13:09:38 larry rolls 3 to perception check (finding a light switch in pitch darkness) (3wits+3composure-3) (10 Again) 2, 10, 1, 9 2 successes

Just at that moment, Duncan's phone went off and the Elemental cursed under his breath. He didn't recognize the number at first, but figured that it was probably Heath or Terra calling to check in or give a status update. Figuring that if anyone was around they would've already heard the phone ring, the Snowskin went ahead and picked up the call.

Meanwhile, Larry struggled to find a light switch in the dark, but after bumping into a couple of things the Wizened finally managed to find one on a wall nearby. When he flipped it on, the lights of the room flickered a few times until they finally filled the room with a flickering fluorescent light.

Duncan hung up the phone as the light came on, scanning the room and its contents now that he could finally see. The room itself was in a very poor condition. However, it was clear that someone was living there, or at least had been at some point not that long ago.

"Thanks for finding the switch," he said to the Wizened. "That was Terra on the phone. She said Heath and her are heading over to Robla Community Park. Once we are done here, we'll head over there to meet up with them." With those words, the Constable began to look around through some of the stuff. "Let's take a quick look through this stuff, maybe we'll find something of use," he said to Larry.

the room

You may roll an extended Intelligence+Investigation action to look through the stuff in the room in search for clues

"Right, lets get cracking on this heap of junk then. I wonder if whoever lived here had something to do with whatever those tags mean. Maybe we should split up, with you searching through the other room while I look through this one. We could cover more ground that way " The wizenend answered as he began to dig through the junk.

searching for 15 minutes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-08-17 14:32:36 [03] larry rolls 5 to Snooping through the trash (10 Again) 4, 7, 7, 9, 7 1 success
    2012-08-17 14:32:36 [02] larry rolls 5 to Snooping through the trash (10 Again) 2, 7, 7, 6, 9 1 success
    2012-08-17 14:32:36 [01] larry rolls 5 to Snooping through the trash (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 2, 2 1 success

"Right," said Duncan in response. "I'll go take a look at the other room." With those words, the Snowskin headed to the room that was the source of the light.

As Larry searched around the heaps of junk around the room, he didn't seem to find much of anything at first. However, after looking through the different things laid out on the ground, he found some evidence that the room was probably still being used by someone. There were some pots and a portable gas stove, also some empty cans of beans and a few unopened ones. The Wizened also found an old sleeping bag, that didn't smell very good. He also managed to spot some muddy footprints in some areas of the room, which pretty much sealed the deal.

After a good quarter of an hour of rummaging through the stuff the wizenend was hoping that his companion had a bit more luck instead of just confirming what they already knew, that somebody lived here.
    "You found anything yet?" the wizened asked as he walked towards the door of the other room. "I only found evidence that somebody was living here."

As Larry walked over to the door frame, he noticed Duncan was examining one of the room's walls. "Yeah, I found another one of those drawings," he said as he turned to the Wizened, gesturing to another depiction of a turtle, similar to the one they had seen before. "Clearly, there's something of importance about this symbol, I just don't know what..." he let his words trail off, slightly frustrated by the fact he couldn't quite place what the meaning of the drawing was.

"So someone was living here? Or is someone still living here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow just slightly.

Bump... Jokor , you still with us?

"I found some unopened can's of beans so I think somebody is still living here." he replied. "I doubt we can just stay here for a while and try to get hold of whoever is living here so we can't try to 'ask' it." It was obvious he wasn't meaning asking friendly and leaving it at that. "We could try and show it to an autum courier though. Some of those have to know something about it."

spoiler

Duncan nodded at the Wizened's words. "Well, at least we know this is someone's hideout or whatever," said the Constable as he took another glance around the room. "We can always come back to this place to check it out at a later point." He paused for a moment before taking out a small notepad and a pencil from one of his pockets.

"Are you any good at drawing?" asked the Snowskin, obviously implying that Larry make a copy of the symbol. "It would be easier to take the symbol to one of the Autumn Courtiers instead of having to drag them out here to show it to them."

You may roll Wits+Crafts or Wits+Expression in order to make a copy of the symbol

OOC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread