Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Meeting the Samoan

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Perry diCarto

Perry smiled winningly. "My client is an individual who appreciates a certain kind of... quality. I'd imagine a reasonable price for a product of good quality will not be an issue."

He observed the weed as it came out of the wee bag and was packed into the pipe, attempting to see if the pipe was being packed with the same Hedge bud he'd seen before. diCarto had seen plenty of weed in evidence during his time as a lawyer. The mundane shit looked different enough, maybe he could see the difference...

int+occult 2sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-13 02:33:26 Perry diCarto rolls 5 to Int3+Occult2 to recognize the hedge weed (10 Again) 8, 1, 8, 2, 1 2 successes

I'd love the result before I continue this post and answer his offer of a toke...

Jag

Perry diCarto

Perry noticed that the weed appeared to be the same stuff. He recalled what he'd heard about this weed; lucid dreaming. Things he did not need, risks he did not wish to open himself up to. There was a reason this man was peddling this stuff. The lawyer said with a little smile, "I appreciate the offer, my friend, but what would you say if I was representing you and I got high as I was in Court!" Perry chuckled. He was here as a representative. "Don't let me stop you, though..."

"That being said, we wouldn't be here if my client didn't have an idea that your product was good. In fact, they are dead excited to start doing business with you, which is why they hired me," he said. Smiling broadly, the lawyer went for it. He glimpsed the portents, getting a momentary glimpse of the outcomes of things he could say and their results. Then, he did what he did best: talked. "So, here's what I suggest as our first arrangement. My client will start with fifty kilos. My client's men will come pick the goods up from your main storehouse, and they will pay you at that time your going rate, plus five percent as a deposit on the next shipment. No fuss for you, no risk for you from transport. They will take care of everything. How does that sound?"

Money, and plenty of it, flashed. Smooth words. Even a promise of a deposit just in case they didn't come back for more. It was the big sell. Would the Samoan buy it and share the location of his facility?

Persuasion 7 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-14 15:23:55 Perry diCarto rolls 11 to Omen 2 Reroll (better of the two) (10 Again) 7, 3, 9, 8, 6, 4, 10, 7, 7, 10, 10, 3, 1, 10, 7 6 successes
    2012-09-14 15:21:51 Perry diCarto rolls 11 to Persuasion - Tell Me Your Base (Man+Per+SL+Fame+WP+Wyrd for Vainglory) (10 Again) 1, 2, 10, 10, 2, 10, 8, 8, 6, 1, 9, 8, 5, 3 7 successes
    2012-09-14 15:20:18 Perry diCarto rolls 5 to Glimpse of Fortune's Favor (Wits+Wyrd) (10 Again) 1, 10, 2, 3, 5, 4 1 success

When Perry refused to partake in the sampling of the Samoan's product, the giant of a man became a little wary. He frowned slightly as he put the pipe away. "Suit yourself," he said in response to the Shadowsoul's words.

Something in the Samoan's eyes felt oddly familiar. He had a look in it as if he knew something, which the Fairest lawyer was trying really hard to hide. A smirk slowly found its way to the corner of the man's lips, as he continued listening to Perry's proposal. However, he did not say a word until the Shadowsoul had finished with his pitch.

"So tell me a little more 'bout this client of yours diCarto," said the Samoan in a slightly mischievous tone. "I don't think you've been exactly honest with me now, have ya?" With those words, he took a step forward as he looked down at the lawyer, awaiting for a response.

Meanwhile, one of Harvey's eyebrows twitched slightly at the tension in the room. The Sun Banisher had a feeling something was up, but for the moment he didn't think it was time to blow their cover. No, it was better if he stood back and kept a vigilant eye. After all, he would have to provide a distraction to enable the rest to make a run for it...if things got a bit dicey.

3 suxx to detect Contract (forgot to apply -2 penalty), 1 suxx for Inexorable Pursuer, 9 suxx to resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-14 16:03:48 Samoan rolls 22 to Wits+Resolve+FF+2 (IP)+5 (I know what you are up to...) to resist Perry's manipulation (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 3, 9, 9, 10, 10, 5, 1, 1, 5, 2, 8, 7, 5, 6, 3, 1, 1, 10, 5, 5, 9, 10, 7, 2, 9 9 successes
    2012-09-14 16:02:19 Samoan rolls 8 to Inexorable Pursuer (10 Again) 5, 5, 4, 7, 5, 2, 4, 8 1 success
    2012-09-14 15:47:41 ST rolls 6 to wait, was that fae magic that you just used? (10 Again) 10, 5, 10, 10, 3, 3, 1, 1, 8 4 successes

Anyone trying to detect the use of Contracts may do so by spending a WP and rolling their Clarity-2. However, keep in mind you must have a Clarity of at least 6 in order to attempt the roll per the Kenning rules

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

It doesn't surprise Alec how rapidly things could go wrong. Fifty kilos seem to be totally unrealistic for Alec, but that's not a problem apparently. So, I am inexperienced when it comes to the world of drugs and dealers.

The plan seemed solid, yet the Somoan directly asked about the client instead of answering the suggestion. We're not honest, and he sees it, he knows it.

Now what will Perry do? The Elemental wants to trust the lawyer, he's just not sure if he can. All he can do is hope for the best, and be cautious as ever.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

L
    LadyVictris

When the Samoan accuses Perry of not being honest, John freezes completely, for a few moments not even appearing to breathe.

Oh, fuck.

Did the giant know something, or was this a ruse? An attempt to play on a probably guilty conscience to make Perry reveal a few cards, or has he known all along?

If things kick off, the darkling will distract the thugs from the others as best he can...but he knows that most likely, he'll be fleeing.

Magnus' brow furrows slightly in concern as once again things start becoming tense. This time, though, their face man seems to be keeping his shit together.

-1 Willpower for Kenning

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-16 12:03:12 Magnus rolls 4 to Kenning (clarity) - 2 (10 Again) 9, 7, 4, 3 1 success

Perry diCarto

For all his wit, Perry missed the important thing; the contract being blown. But he was not accustomed to being... questioned after a pitch like that, nor did he miss the Samoan stepping forward, moving toward his space, a gesture of dominance over the shorter attorney. The man was clearly a savvy businessman. But Perry was not going to lose his head at a little physical intimidation; shit, he'd dealt with plenty of gangsters. He held his ground, an honest shrug coming to his shoulders. "Sir," he said with a little smile of his own. "You're a savvy businessman, plainly. And you know what it is that I do. So surely you see what I mean when I say, if my client wanted information about him out and about, they wouldn'tve contracted me to speak with you about this. What I can tell you is that they are an individual of no small means who is interested in your product." That described Harvey adequately. "And I am here to get them merely the best deal that I can. Just as I would do for any other client." Also true. Knowing the Samoan's storehouse location would be the dream for any drug organization, if the man was willing to disclose it.

"If keeping my client's confidentiality constitutes dishonesty, then you have my sincerest apologies... it is my job." He gave a small 'what can I do' sort of shrug. "What I can do, though, is this... if you want particular information regarding my client, I can always carry a message to them and see what fruit it bears."

kenning fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-17 11:26:14 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Kenning: -2 to detect contract (10 Again) 7, 7, 7, 4 failure

The Samoan listened to Perry's words, his gaze unflinching as the Shadowsoul went on and on about his client and all the technicalities. "What I'd like is for you and your friends to cut the crap," he said in a simple, nonchalant tone. There was no anger in his voice. However, the Fairest lawyer could still feel his heart skip a beat. The sensation was somewhat familiar to him, just like the strange warmth that came from the large man standing in front of him.

"You and I are not that different, ya know?" said the Samoan as he looked directly into the Shadowsoul's green eyes. "How about your friends?" He paused as he took a quick look around at the other Lost. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they are probably like us too," he added, a smirk forming on his lips once more.

Lokio , Perry can roll Int+Composure to try to figure out where he's felt something like that before

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Cut the crap, good idea! Someone dealing in hedge weed is expected to be something supernatural, now the Samoan declares he is. Yet he doesn't seem to be very aggressive... so this could be good.

When the impressive dealer looks at them, Alec doesn't move. He isn't sure what to do, yet he is curious how Harvey would react to this. Just stay calm and don't start a fight.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Magnus scowls, which is to say his expression doesn't change much. The feeling of a Contract being invoked plus the Samoan's statement is a pretty damn clear sign that they're dealing with a Lost. On one hand, this is progress from the last couple investigations and isn't totally unexpected. On the other hand now they're standing in the center of an unknown Lost's base of operations and they're about to lose the one major advantage they have - all the abilities of the Lost and anonymity. He glances at Harvey, letting the Sun Banisher make the call on this one.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread