Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A New Day, More Paperwork (Private)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I
    Irina

In his eternally tidy office, SAC Johnson stood behind his desk filling a fresh cup with an equally fresh and aromatic scented coffee. It was still early in the morning, just touch 8am, but he fully expected each and every Agent to be at their desk preparing for a new day of work.

Barring those Agents who he had already... given leave, of course.

Jaegar would have no such problems, and SAC Johnson had sent word that the younger Agent should arrived promptly at his office, the moment his feet touch the threshold of the DHS: Geo building.

Vassagon

Jeager was stifling a big yawn as word reached him of the SAC's desire to see him. He quickly went to the restroom to make sure he was presentable to the boss before heading over to the old elevator. Making his way to the top and shook himself like a dog, getting his body woken up so he didn't look like he had just crawled out of bed, which had the same affect of messing his hair again.

He knocked on the door of the SAC's office. "Agent Jaeger, sir. You asked to see me?"

I
    Irina

"Enter," SAC Johnson called through.

When Jaeger did open the door, he would find his boss seated with a steaming mug warming the coaster in front of him. A brown folder was unopened on the opposite side of the desk, for the younger agent to open when he was directed to.

Jaeger obediently entered the office and stood before the SAC's desk at attention. The folder did not escape his notice and he glanced at its brown cover curiously before returning his eyes to his superior.

When he was directed to he would open the folder.

I
    Irina

"Agent Jaeger," SAC Johnson nodded calmly, and waved a hand in an abrupt 'take a seat' gesture.

He reached out and took a small sip of the hot beverage in front of him, and waited for the younger man to make himself comfortable before beginning. The stare that he levelled at Jaeger was long and assessing.

"How do you feel about running a solo, Agent Jaeger?"

Because so much of what the SAC went unsaid Jaeger couldn't help but remain silent too, taking the seat offered him and clearing his throat uncomfortably, the tightening in his windpipe made him want to cough though it felt inappropriate to do so. The stare felt like a tangible heat that was slowly melting through the agent's equanimity.

The sentence that followed said it all, leaving Jaeger a little shocked, his mouth slackening a moment as he took in the significance of the statement. "Me, sir? Well I...I'd feel fine about that, sir." Of course he felt fine about it, if he didn't then he could look for another job. But it was strange, what had prompted this switch to solo investigating, he wondered. In all likelihood DHS: Geo might have been getting more cases than they could handle and had to separate the work accordingly. Either that or it was a relatively simple case. Or maybe the boss wanted to test Jaeger's abilities without Derevko being there to save his ass.

These thoughts flashed in his mind and disappeared as he formed his question to the SAC, "What's the case?"

I
    Irina

SAC Johnson responded to the uncertain acceptance with a small nod. He knew that, technically, an Agent could not refuse what tasks he set them. But their attitude sure could show the measure of them.

He gestured for Jaeger to open up the folder.

On the first page is a black and white photograph of Folsom Lake. The bland colouring does not to the area justice at all, but making it look pretty is clearly not going to be the point.

"A small area of Folsom Lake was closed off a few days ago, for the foreseeable future. It's been kept as quiet as possible, but the same spot has been out of use for recreational actitives, on and off for the last couple of weeks."

On the second page is a smaller, colour photograph dated yesterday. It's the same area as in the first photograph, but in this shot the water is murky, brown and almost sludge-like in its quality.

"We suspect someone has been tipping chemicals into the lake. I need you to find out the who, what and why," SAC Johnson directed.

There's a brief history of the lake, activies and notes on visitor numbers underneath the second photograph. All in all, it presents an idyllic view of a bit of natural land that could turn into something very different very quickly.

Nice, now this was the sort of thing he had expected when he joined up with DHS: Geo. His mood brightened considerably though he tried not to show his enthusiasm too much. Breaking environmental laws was something he could understand. There were clear motives and interests. It was just a matter of collecting the necessary evidence and talking to the right people. He walked himself through the case in his mind as he read over the provided materials.

"Folsom Lake," he repeated thoughtfully. "I'll probably have to collect some samples from the lake itself and send them to the lab for testing, then interview people in the area, see what they've seen or heard. If I can get a pattern to the dumping and identify the chemicals I might be able to follow them to their source." His eyes moved up from the folder to the SAC again, waiting for any objection to his intended methods. It might be as simple as giving the area a thorough look. Maybe the culprits left something more concrete behind.

I
    Irina

Clearly this was the correct way to proceed, and SAC Johnson responded to Jaeger in an appreciative manner. “Quite right,” he acknowledged. “You seem to have the right idea, Agent Jaeger. I will expect a full report, of course. Don’t rush the investigation,” he added the latter part with a slight warning tone.

“Keep me updated.”

The praise was unexpected but most welcome. Jaeger did his best to come to attention in a sitting position. "Yes, sir, thank you," he said in earnest. It was a good point the SAC had made. Rushing the investigation might lead to bigger trouble and create more obstacles. He didn't want to step on anyone's toes, like local law enforcement. And he didn't want to scare off the culprits by making himself too obvious.

The agent pulled the folder into his lap and closed it. He'd start off by reading through the information in full at his desk before moving forward. By the tone in the SAC's voice their meeting had reached its end. "I'll call the office periodically with status updates," acknowledging the warning and standing to leave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.