Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

After the Tour

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Ciara Maskelyne

The tour of the Chapter House complete, the Dragons of Sacramento retire to the Private Library for a social ending to the evening. Feel free to gossip among yourselves.

PRE

After the tour of the Chapter House was all said and done, Tracy decided to stick around for a little longer. Max had already announced her as the newest member of the Order, so she was now a Slave as far as the other Dragons were concerned. The title seemed a little funny to her, but she kept that to herself for plenty of good reasons. Besides, the petite Savage had a feeling that there was a good reason for such a title, something she had yet to learn. Of course she wouldn't learn all about tiles in that one night...

However, there was one last thing she needed to do before the end of the night. The redheaded Gangrel wished to socialize a little more with the members of her new Covenant, in hopes that she would find a suitable mentor amongst them. Part of her was inclined to just ask Max or Martha, but she figured that it was best to talk with others just to get a general idea of who would make the best teacher for her. After all, even though she was most familiar with the pair of Mekhet, finding a suitable mentor did not only rely on how much she liked someone.

Tracy couldn't help but feel a little nervous, and while she was fairly outgoing, the situation reminded her of her days as a Kine. Well, one day in particular: first day of school.

Should I be excited or terrified? Hmm, perhaps a little bit of both...

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

When the Grand Wyrm dismissed the official Tour, the Dragons seemed in a mood to linger and mingle a little bit. Aileen was in a mind to start looking through the Library's content at once, but feared it would be considered bad form. That, plus she didn't really know why she had come in Sacramento, and she couldn't discard the possibility that someone would hold the answer she was after. After all, she had yet to achieve her first Coil, and that might be all there was to it.

The thin Mekhet nearly already had an appointment to come with the redheaded Tracy, so perhaps it would be best to try and talk with someone else. But it felt so alien to be starting the talking. Who could she talk ? She remembered that Supplicant Redfill ( Matamune ) had mastered the Coil she was trying to achieve under Ashek's guidance, and decided that perhaps it could be a good start. She got closer to the Gangrel, and tried...

Supplicant Redfill, I heard you talking about the Coil you mastered, and I wondered how long it had taken you to achieve this level of mastery over yourself, please ? she seemed as if she would stop talking if the Gangrel started but to open the mouth, and her voice was nearly quaking.

Standing among those members was Chase Ankers, who seemed absorbed in a book he had plucked off the shelves. It seemed in generally good condition so he wasn't so worried about damaging it through handling. All the same he took caution in flipping each page. Some of the words and terms were beyond his knowledge which only fascinated him further. After all there was no use in a library that housed knowledge he already knew.

He set the binding back carefully into the gap that was its appointed placement and turned to the others. "I feel one could easily spend decades pouring over the contents in this room. Please tell me, Grand Wyrm, have you read them all?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael lingers behind to talk to those wishing to speak with him. When Aileen addresses him, he answers with a smile:

"About two months of focused work, I believe. Why do you ask?" - seeing as the girl is positively shy, he tries to keep his voice reassuring.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The shy Mekhet seemed stunned at the result achieved by Michael in so short a time. Was she deficient in some respect, or what ?

I've been trying to learn this ability myself for months, but to no avail so far. Admittedly, I've tried less... resolute... means. I meditate in front of candles, and try in my mind's eye to progressively increase the size of the fire, for example.

Of course, it was a mean that helped her develop other talents, like her ability to focus, and that was useful in other respects.

PRE

Tracy remained silent as her pretty green eyes wandered around the library, studying some of the books on the shelves. Part of her was intimidated by the large number of them, but the other part was definitely curious as to the contents of said books. The Gangrel expected that most of it would be foreign to her, but that made it more exciting to her in a way.

As she overheard Chase ask Max about the collection of tomes, the petite Deputy turned to look at the Grand Wyrm, awaiting for his answer. She had no doubts that he had read them all, or at least most of them. After all, he was the local leader of the Order, and a much more experience Kindred than both Chase and herself.

Hmm, I wonder how much reading I could get done in one night...but I don't even know where to start!

Ciara Maskelyne

*Bump*

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha followed the gang inside and smiled to herself as she watched the various Dragons break off to their studies or conversations. For the moment she was content to hobble over to a shelf of work on metaphysics and review a copy of a paper on the French mystic Rene Guenon. Casting a look over the gathering to check who was talking to whom.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael simply shakes his head at Aileen's explanation:

"Your approach is by far too mild, Slave McFarlane. There is a reason why training usually requires a partner or a mentor. Mine was always nearby when threatening me with Rotschreck or frenzy to put himself in the harm's way, if need be."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread