Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Spiral IX

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    I
    Irina

The Spiral's a bar that pretty much everyone's heard of, and no one knows anything about. There's too many stories for it to be real; one guy says there's a European Human Trafficking ring running out of there one week, next week it's a group of people running flesh for NAMBLA, next it's illegal firearms, and the week after that, maybe the Hook-Handed Killer showed up and showed 'em all a thing or two. The truth's a lot more mundane and a lot less interesting.

It's a bar, with wooden panelled walls and a scarred old guy, who looks like every other scarred bartender with a shotgun under the counter. The people who come here tend to be the people who want to get drunk. The booze swings between okay and paint-thinner, but at least it helps you sleep at night after a couple of shots.

Hunters know it as a meeting point between cells, a place where you can slip down to the basement if the bartender knows you, and trade a bit of info or get a little no-questions-asked surgery.

Mortals know it as a Goddamned dive where you can get a quiet drink without anyone really paying attention to it. Either way, it's a good enough place to meet new people.

How this works

x
    xohgr

Evan approached the door to the bar with a feeling of apprehension in his gut. He remembered the last time he was here he did not make a very good impression. Determined to elicit a better outcome Evan plastered a friendly smile onto his face and entered the Spiral.

Upon entering Evan peered quickly around the room. Everything seemed in order, nothing much changes in a few months. I had better not linger and draw attention to myself. These people can smell fear like sharks. He thought as he shuffled himself to the same bar stool he appropriated on his last visit."Hiya Mac, Pass us a brew" Evan said cheerfully as he places a twenty dollar bill on the bar.

I
    Irina

The Old Man's brow rose, near disappearing into his hairline.

"What exactly do you want?"

His tone was not exactly unkind, in fact to the regulars it would have sounded exactly normal.

Gruff, no-nonsense and slightly impatient that patrons existed.

x
    xohgr

Evan's smile widened at the bar tender and he responded "Life is an adventure. suprize me." it had been awhile since Evan could use his innate powers of flipant-ness and he found it enjoyable.

After a moment he continued "So what's the word in the neighbourhood? Any interesting gossip at the old water cooler?" Evan kept his words lite,trying not to put the barman's back up.

April walked into the Spiral, walking at a casual pace towards the bar. She had a purse with her as usual, tucked under one of her arms. Upon reaching the bar, she chose to seat a couple of stools away from the only other guy at the bar. She set her purse down and pulled out her phone, checking her email real quick before setting it down in front of her.

The girl offered a pleasant smile to the Old Man, hoping to catch his attention. "May I have a beer please," she said to him once he looked her way. "Give me a Blue Moon if you have one." It wasn't a manly beer, so she wasn't sure if they would have something like that in the likes of this place. However, it was a good summer beer, so she tried her luck either way.

April

x
    xohgr

Evan's head turned to follow the woman (April) as she entered and walked over to the bar. Erm..what was I saying? he thought as if his brain had turned to mush. "Add the ladies to my tab, Mac. he eeked out alittle breathlessly and gave a friendly smile and nod to the woman (April).

With all that had been going on with Lynx these last few weeks, he was eager to get back to something familiar, like the bottom of a beer glass. He had also planned on coming here with his agency partner, Derevko, but he wasn't sure if he could handle being rubbed raw with constructive criticism just yet. Maybe after a few beers.

He stopped in the doorway as he saw April sitting at the counter. Lynx was had been experiencing mixed feelings lately, wanting to avoid her so she wouldn't get mixed up in his work but wanting to see her to make sure she was okay. His hand drew across his face as he mashed it against his brow as if he could sort out the expression he wanted to use.

He sat down a couple seats down, not wanting to crowd her. Addressing the Old Man he'd say, "Whiskey with a chaser, a beer, please." He knew the Old Man preferred drink orders to be simple. He pulled out the cash to cover it.

K
    Kazakin

Derevko walked into the bar, with the sort of focus in his expression that implied that whatever it was that was bothering you, he had bigger problems and didn't want to be disturbed. The scarred Agent slung himself down in a chair and shook a cigarette out from the packet, touching his lighter to the tip of it.

He didn't even particularly want to drink. Nothing tasted good any more anywhere - everything was inoculated with that Godawful rotten egg taste. Even the cigarettes were fucked, but at least the nicotine worked, and he didn't smoke them for their good taste anyway.

He found himself wondering what he should be doing, and that didn't help a damn bit either.

Was there some sort of listing for 'how to deal with unexpected sensory problems'?

Probably. But he wasn't going to the Doctor. That was never gonna happen. If he was going down, he'd go down alone. No wards full of bleeping machines, not again.

They needed those beds for other people, anyway.

April offered a pleasant smile to the dorky-looking guy. "Thanks, that's nice of you," she said to him in a friendly tone. "I don't think I've seen you around here before; I'm April." Just as she finished introducing herself, she heard a familiar voice not too far from them.

The girl turned to the source of the voice, noticing Lynx a couple of seats away from her. "Hey stranger!" she called out to him in a playful tone. "I don't have cooties, you know." April gave the agent a little wink and then motioned for him to join her and the new guy whose name she didn't know yet.

I
    Irina

The Old Man's lips fixed into a stern line, and he turned his back on Evan in order to prepare his drink. He half-turned when April wandered in, spotting her reflection in the back mirror that lined a short span of wall behind the bar. He acknowledged the girl with a grunt that passed for polite, in his neck of the woods.

He raised a hand too, to indicate that he'd heard her order and a few minutes later turned around and deposited a couple of glasses in front of Evan and April.

April got her Blue Moon, and a facial twitch that might have been a smile. Evan received a glass of water, with a little umbrella jutting out of the top.

"Surprise, kid," he stated gruffly.

With that, he stepped away to make up Jaeger's drinks as well.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.