Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Why Not? (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Perry diCarto

The cab dropped Perry diCarto off in front of the Avalon, where he was set to meet Heath Moore for a conversation about a particular 'club'. He hadn't expected to end up getting hammered tonight, but then again, it had sure as hell sounded pretty good when Heath had suggested it.

My alcoholism. It knows no bounds.

The lawyer wore a black suit tonight, forgoing the tie in favor of comfort. His threads were fresh, and while the Avalon wasn't exactly his usual scene, he was set to have some fun. While his memory of what happened at or about the drinking competition was a little fuzzy, he recalled Heath Moore's tolerance... and his own.

This was going to be an interesting night indeed.
    @Vassagon

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

The Spring Minstrel stepped off the bus down the street from the Avalon and marched his way up looking fancy in his button down patterned silk shirt and black & white leather spats. Oh and pants, couldn't forget those. He usually only forgot those after he had a few. They made sure his wallet was close by so he could buy more drinks.

Seeing the familiar form of Perry on the street out in front, Heath bounded up to him, "Hey man, been waiting long? Let's get this party started, I'm pumped." He throws his hands in the air energetically and proceeds forward to the lineup where people were filing in.

"Clean cup clean cup, get down get down!" he exclaims, getting the doorman's attention. He pulls out a presidential bill and hands it to him to lubricate their entry. "Me and my friend wish to partake of your fantastic establishment. Pat me down if you must, I won't promise not to enjoy it."
    ooc

Perry diCarto

Perry grinned right on back, glad to see the Spring jester. "Naw, I just got here myself!" His mouth was still open as Heath moved toward the front of the line like it was no big deal. He closed it as he followed, looking confident as he stood behind the comedian.

I guarentee you I will like it, thought the lawyer, who decided that he wasn't going to run his mouth flirting with the bouncer. He'd rather chill and have fun at the club, and that involved letting Heath do his thing.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Once the two were cleared through security and the cashier -kaching- they entered into the main lobby where the coat check is available. Heath wears no coat but stops to allow Perry a chance to decide if he'll utilize it. The Minstrel sniffs the air, smelling a mixture of perfume, cologne, & sweat from the throng of bodies moving in a myriad of motions and gyrations, all to Pitbull's #1 hit single "Give Me Everything". Outside of the central dance floor is a walkway with seating, full of young attractive types all engaged in conversation or just soaking up the scene. By comparison Heath is probably on the older side, but that doesn't seem to hold him back from grooving in place to the beat of the music.

"If it's cool with you, we might grab some drinks at the bar first. Maybe if I can talk to the right people I can grab us a private room to chat. It all depends on if anyone recognizes me I guess," he says with a toothy grin, causing mask-like face to stretch stiffly. "But otherwise I'm glad you could come out. How's your cases going for you? Lots of hot courtroom drama?" Heath's understanding of the practice of law was from watching Law & Order and was likely not totally accurate.

Perry diCarto

Perry opens his suit jacket's top button and lets the garment fall open to reveal the black dress shirt underneath. Real fashionistas, however, do not drop their suit jacket at coat check, and Perry is no exception.

Moving through the crowd, Perry sung under his breath, "Me not workin' hard? Yeah right, picture that with a Kodak. Better yet, go to Times Square and take a picture of me with a Koda--" Heath's words interrupt his whispered song as he moved to the song. "Yeah man, thats sounds good. First round on me. What you havin?"

Moving toward the bar with the jester, he said, "The hottest, man. Sacramento's bumpin in the legal business. You should seriously come watch it, you'd get so many hilarious prisoner jokes." He chuckled.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

"Ha, yeah alright, next round is on me then. A martini sounds good, vermouth with a lemon twist." Heath bobbed his head as he found an open seat. The crowd outside the dance floor centralized around the large bar on the south wall so their sense of personal space was squeezed upon as they waited for a free bartender to approach them. Young men and women bumped elbows and chatted loudly through an array of conversations that passed over Heath like garbled background noise.

He clapped his hands, rubbing the palms together. "Seriously? I might just do that. I don't have much experience when it comes to convicts and I'm always open to expanding my repertoire. The worst run in with the law was a DUI. The officer said my eyes were red like I'd been drinking. Didn't help when I said his eyes looked glazed like he'd been eating doughnuts," joked the jester with a grin.

Perry diCarto

"Nice choice." Perry took a seat next to Heath, revelling in the noise of so many people enjoying themselves. The bartender joined them and Perry said, "Two martinis, vermouth, lemon twist, please!" with a grin. He set up a tab with his Visa and had the drinks placed on it, unconcerned about the evening's drinks. He hadn't been out in a while. This would be one for the books.

Looking over at the jester, he snorted and laughed. "Yeah? What'd he have to say about that? 'cause I'd be willing to guess he said 'sir, would you please step out of the vehicle', didn't he?" The impression was said in a low, deep, authoritative and thoroughly mocking voice. Perry had plenty of cop buddies. But that didn't mean he couldn't make fun of a traffic cop here and there.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath joined in with Perry's laughter, almost fueled by it. "How the hell should I remember, I was drunk!" he laughed, joking again. "I think someone told me after the fact about it, maybe." A lot of what Heath said was mostly just to get a rise out of people, but the DUI had been a big problem for him at the time. So was his drinking problem but that wasn't about to go away anytime soon.

When the bartender handed them their drinks, Heath took his and sipped at it, tasting the bitter gin and sniffing the mingled citrus scent. "Aah, lovely, hits the spot," he says with a relieved sigh.

The crowd around them began to ease up, giving them an island of space. It seemed that some might be glancing at them, peering around and whispering. Both Perry & Heath were both well-recognized and famous in their own right, so some may have started to wonder if they'd seen them before somewhere.

Heath says to Perry, "Legal counsel must be pretty rewarding. Really we're both performers, word-play, good timing, punchlines. Though for your clients the punchline is probably a little more tense. Do you enjoy it?"

Perry diCarto

Perry continued to chuckle, looking downward slightly for a moment in mirth. Peering up as the drinks came, he took a long sip as well, nodding in agreement as he kept the long sip going into a really long one until a third of the martini was gone. "Yep, that'll do just fine. Might need a top-up!" he said with a grin.

The Emerald Bullets scanned the crowd for a moment as Heath asked his question. The lawyer was thankful for the space. God only knows a bunch of dancing drunk girls could get a little out of control. Didn't I see some Youtube vlog talking about white chicks at the club?

"For sure, man. Going into Court is a high that nothing else can duplicate. You're always a little scared, always a little jacked up on your own adrenaline, and there's the whole 'clients liberty at stake' thing -- yeah, it's performance,"
    he said with a chuckle. "So how'd you end up a comedian?"

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

"Nice, nice." Heath nods as he strains to listen over the thumping music of the club. "I can relate to that. Though when a comedian dies on stage he's the only victim. So I guess you risk more than just your reputation. As for me I always wanted to be a comedian even before...well before this." He gestures at his jester self, implying his journey to Arcadia and back.

"Making people laugh is...it's everything." He slurps down more of his martini. "It's just as you said, it's scary, there's that thrill. But it also feels like the most natural thing in the world, like I was born for it. Sure the attention is great but really I'm doing what people want more than anything, to forget their worries and just enjoy the moment. I want to make that moment happen for people, like fulfilling a public service. So many things can just be solved so long as you can get past your fears and your anxieties and just approach the world with a smile. I want to believe that's the case..." There was a hint in his voice that might mean he wasn't completely sure about this perspective, that something had given him doubt on the value of laughter, but he didn't bring it up.

Heath finally overhears his name among the crowd around him. People were definitely talking now about their celebrity guests. Time to find out if the bartender noticed. "Hey barkeep!" says Heath a little louder and swinging his hand around to get his attention. "Any way we can get access to the private rooms upstairs?"

The barkeep would consider the question for a moment. He knew that absolutely no one was allowed in the downstairs private rooms, but the upstairs he wasn't sure. "Well you can buy a VIP pass at the cashiers. But for you guys? If you give me a minute I'll see what I can do." Usually when people requested the private rooms they were in a larger group or a intimate couple. The two celebs didn't really count for either...unless... Well in any case he moved to the phone to call the VIP coordinator for a judgement call.
    OOC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.