Ended
Watch

Let's talk business

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias wiped down the counter as he waited for Degnar to arrive. It had been a pretty slow day, but he was still pleased with how his store was shaping up. Spartan's flier seemed to have helped spread the word, for which Tobias was quite grateful.

The store itself was largely a single open room, with a small area behind the counter for storage, and entrance to his workshop. Along two of the other three walls were his beginner and expert l ines of guitars, with the center reserved for the intermediates. Most of the people who decided to spring for a handmade guitar were in that category anyway. Experts usually gravitated to his custom works, such as the Rose guitar he'd placed under the glass of the counter.

OOC

The counter cleaned, he got out some chairs and waited for Degnar 's arrival.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar walked up to Maelstrom Strings, giving the store a curious look before walking inside. Once inside, he took a quick look around, giving the guitars an appraising look as he finally spotted Tobias. The Darkling walked up to the Elemental, giving him a quick wave as he approached.

"Hey," he said to the Manikin. "That's quite a selection of guitars you've got here." His voice was montone as usual, which made the compliment sound more like a statement than anything else.

m
    magiuspendragon

"Degnar, good you found the place." He smiled as the other changeling took notice of his work. "Well, as I said, I don't exactly sell what you're looking for often, but I do believe it's within my talents. These," he indicated the selection Degnar had commented on, "Are my regular fare."

He indicated a pair of chairs he'd set off to the side, so they could speak. "Why don't you make yourself comfortable, and then we can discuss the details."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"Ahh, yes...you did mention that you were looking for materials to make guitars," said Degnar in response. "That one night at the junk yard." He nodded as Tobias gestured towards the chairs nearby, walking over to them and taking a seat.

"So...even though you specialize in guitars, you think you can help me out then?" asked the Darkling, tilting his head slightly to one side.

m
    magiuspendragon

"Yeah, I think I can help you out." Tobias said. "As you can see, I work with wood often enough. And I do have some experience spinning, though I haven't had a chance since I got here." He smirked. "I should probably get on that."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar listened to the Manikin's words, nodding in response. "Good. After our run-in with that pack of Briarwolves, I've been looking for ways of acquiring a more efficient bow," said the Darkling, elaborating a little on what he wanted. "The one I currently have I made myself, but its a rudimentary weapon. Its served me well, but I'd like something with a little more sting to it."

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense. Those things were rough." He'd managed to get a nick on one, fueld mostly by panic, but the Archer had taken one down himself. "When you say sting, what do you have in mind? More oomph, more cutting power, some kind of poison?" He racked his brain, trying to think of other "enhancements" could be brought to the party.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

"The third one," replied Degnar in his usual tone. "Poisonous arrows would take those bastards down a lot quicker." He paused for a moment, studying the Elemental with his eyes for a brief moment. "So...you think you could make something like that?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias considered for a moment, leaning back in his seat. "Yeah. Do you already have ingredients in mind, or would we need to go foraging?" Especially with poisons, the ingredients had to be carefully selected and prepared. Still, the prospect brought a smile to his face. It had the promise to be an interesting project.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar gave the Elemental a little shrug. "I don't have a list per se, but I'm sure I can gather up some things for the task," he said in response to Tobias' question. "I wouldn't expect you to brave the Hedge for something I am asking you to do Tobias. I can gather up any materials you need myself." The Darkling paused for a moment before adding, "after all, I don't really have any money to pay you...so we'd have to figure out a different arrangement."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.