Ended
Watch

What's With this Skull?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

A toenail? Tobias shuddered just a little at the thought. Still, he couldn't fault Degnar for the suggestion. This man was a flesh merchent, and they had plenty of toenails between them. "Would a trifle or something be easier to find? Or for somethingm more exotic..." his eyes drifted to his arms, following Degnar's train of thought. He'd had to restring his arms before... it was painful but it wasn't impossible. Maybe the merchant would be interested in that?

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

The Darkling gave Tobias a quick shrug. "A trifle or goblin fruit would probably do as well," he said in response to the Manikin. "But that would require us to leave the market and go look for one." He paused for a moment, blinking twice as he stared blankly at Tobias for a few seconds. "Sure, if you are ok with that, it may just do the trick," said the Archer in response, wondering if his fellow Winter had any ideas. After all, Dominyk Prise had been awfully quiet for someone who claimed to be a wordsmith.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

The fairest had been thinking “Something like that would be easy enough, it’s just a bit of person. I would prefer to not have to come back.

At least not so soon, and not for the same thing

If the fee had been a little higher he would have had something much more valuable, of course it would take some time before he would have those in his possession.

Actually I have a bit of horn that I might toss towards this.” It was a suggestion, nothing more. But it would at least give him an excuse next time some one noticed.

Of course, the merchant had said that the first was free, but Dominyk knew first hand nothing was free.

ooc

m
    magiuspendragon

"Sounds like we have a plan then. Start low, just one of the items we're each willing to give. If we have to haggle up, so be it." Tobias looked from one man to the other. "Your'e right Degnar, I want to get this done today. Better to not have a reason to return."

"Offer mine first," he said to hte fairest. "Dont' let him know just how much we're willing to part with until there's no other way." It was the easiest advice he could think of.

OOC

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded at the Elemental's words. "Yes, let's go with that," he said in agreement, turning to Dominyk. "Go ahead and make the offer. We'll play it by ear once we hear what his response it." He gave his fellow Winter a quick shrug and then turned his attention to the merchant, watching the Hob closely in case he got any strange ideas.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk followed the gaze of the walking instrument, his eyes widened for a second before nodding slightly and turning to face the hob.

This might be a bit...interesting.

The fairest’s eyes were blank slightly as he eyed the hob, and nodded Tobias forward. “A string, in exchange for the information.

ooc

Tobias: I'm fine with that for an assist roll

Dominyk: per core the appropriate roll to cut a deal is manipulation + persuasion. Offering an item that would be if notable interest to him grants you a +1 bonus to the roll. Also, go ahead and add your Striking Looks bonus. This is the Fleshmarket after all...

Magius is taking a break for now. Rather than have Tobias suddenly bail on you guys I'm going to fold him into the background.

Dominyk Prise go ahead and post with your roll. Tobias gives you a +3 dice bonus from his assistance.

Tobias gets 3 successes to assist in haggling.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-20 23:53:35 ST for Tobias rolls 7 to assist Dominyk's haggling (10 Again) 8, 5, 8, 4, 5, 3, 9 3 successes

1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-21 06:52:01 Dominyk Prise rolls 12 to Yay! Bartering (Maip+Persuasion+SL+3(tobias) + 1 (Good offer?) (9 Again) 8, 6, 2, 5, 7, 4, 6, 4, 1, 2, 6, 1 1 success

ooc
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

With a couple of unexpected RL issues from my end and Tobias needing to step out, this thread has run a bit longer than I anticipated. As such, I'm going to go ahead and push things forward a little bit.

The merchant considers for a moment, long fingers stroking his chin as he does. "A string, hmm? Well, I can't say that I have a particular need for strings. On the other hand, anything that comes from one of you has a certain appeal - a value. I don't suppose we are fortunate enough that your strings are made out of gut? So few people have a proper appreciation for authenticity anymore."

The merchant gives a fluid shrug. "It doesn't matter. I accept your offer." He gestures to Tobias. "Come with me. This will be quick and then I shall give you what information I have concerning your previous inquiry."

Tobias gives a somewhat wan look to his companions before nodding and following the butcher through the canvas flap and into the back of the tent. After a few minutes there is a very loud, thrumming "twang" followed immediately by a grunt of discomfort. A short time after that Tobias emerges from the back holding his arm gingerly, followed by the hob merchant.

"Now then," the merchant says as he calmly winds a wire around his hand into a series of small loops. "This is what I can tell you. There was another that passed through here a little while ago with similar questions. One of your folk, from the other side. He had a sack full of stones that used to be bones. Wanted to sell them, but I told him the same as I told you - we don't generally deal in flesh that's gone bad. I offered to purchase the entire lot regardless, but he refused. Honestly, my offer was quite generous considering that the skeleton wasn't even complete." The merchant pauses with a sly smile and a gleam in his eye. "It was a full 28 bones short. The whole set would have been worth investing in I think."

"Now then, I think you might have an interest in finding this person, so I have another deal for you." The merchant finishes wrapping the string around his hand and slips it off of his thing fingers. He deftly slips the end around the loops a couple times so that it sits in a neat circle without damaging the fibers. He sets the loop down and picks up a shard of dirty glass from a shelf behind the counter. "The fellow became rather upset when I refused his exorbitant price and he broke one of my display cases. This shard is from the glass on that case, and still has his blood upon it." He gestures to the shrunken heads hanging in the corner. "The goblin there with the torn ear has a perfect memory in that little head. He got a good solid look at the fiend. You promise to bring me back what he owes me for the cabinet, and I'll give you the shard and the goblin. Bring me back my payment and you can keep the goblin as a bonus."

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread