Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Toren's Sanctum: A Dinner

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The two-floored traditional country cottage was built in the early 60's and had subtle hints towards art deco in its geometric design. As a modest mid-century residence it had the additional luxury of a cellar-like basement. It was perched on a modest hill with a brick walkway that led up from the street sidewalk. Any Mage could clearly tell it was a Hallowed place from the peak of energy. Dutiful wards covered the house as well, another indicator for those with active sight. But Toren was never known for subtly.

Inside, the Moros Mystagogue prepared for his guests by cooking a simple meal, hearty and wholesome, for his guests. He set the kitchen table for four and returned to check on the stewing vegetable broth. Stew was on the menu for tonight, with sourdough bread. He had separate pots for eggplant and beef in case one of his guests were vegetarian. But though he was mindful of the meal, his thoughts strayed elsewhere.

Toren had been hearing rumors of the political shifts in the Consilium's hierarchy since he last visited the Written in Water bookstore/cafe. He had voiced his interest in speaking with his cabalmate, Aenigma @Jag , but wanted to see where they stood. He had sent out invitations to those candidates he thought would be trustworthy and available, and useful to their Cabal. He had taken some time to get to know Grimoire @Jokor who was both knowledgeable and friendly. He had only met the young newcomer, Kiko @Kimura twice but knew she had talent where the rest of them were lacking. He didn't know if she would show, but he wouldn't think less of her if she didn't. They were all Mystagogues who were open and sharing in their respective fields of interest.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Having received an invitation to dinner at Toren's, Aenigma did his best to leave work on time that evening. He hadn't had much time to get to know the Moros, and it seemed that Order business had kept both of them rather busy as of late. However, the Warlock wanted to rectify this, considering that they had ended up in a Cabal together as part of Noctina's doing...who then skipped town.

Funny how that worked out, thought the Mastigos to himself as he stood outside the country cottage that served as his Cabalmate's Sanctum. He was pleased to see the wards around the place, which meant that Toren was at least mindful of security. Good, that's certainly good. Not wishing to delay things further, he rang on the bell and awaited for an answer.

Not having any work at the moment Grimoire didn't hesitate to accept the dinner invitation from toren. The fact that he was friendly easy to talk to and had very intresting things to tell about the arcana was a nice bonus.

as he arrived at Toren's house, he noticed there was already a person waiting at the door. "Good evening." He greeted the person as he walked up besides him. "Toren also invited you to dinner? Name is Grimoire by the way." He offered a hand.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren comes to the door at the sound of the doorbell, though after taking a moment to pull the boiling pot off the stovetop. He peers through the peephole and smiles as he observes his fellow Order members converse. Unlatching the door he opens it to see Aenigma and Grimoire right on time. "Hello, friends, I'm so glad you could both make it. Please come inside. It's quite hot out there, despite being late in the day. I've got the air on so that should be more comfortable." He opens the door wide for both men to enter and ushers them into the square foyer which isn't more than 5feet on the side. From there the carpeted living room is clearly visible with sofas and a coffee table and beyond that the kitchen and attached dining room. The house isn't spectacularly big, a modest dwelling at best.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma turned to the man, giving him a slightly wary look at first. However, when the stranger introduced himself, the look faded away and was replaced by a friendly smile. "Good evening to you as well," he said to the Obrimos. "Yes, Toren did invite me to dinner. Nice to meet you Grimoire." Te Warlock extended his hand to meet the other man's handshake.

"He did mention that he wanted to introduce us," he added in a pleasant tone, just as Toren opened the door. "Speak of the devil..." he let his words trail off as he turned towards the Moros with a grin. "Hey there, thanks for the invite. This is a nice place you've got here."

Aenigma started to walk through the front door, when it suddenly struck him. "I'm Aenigma by the way," he said as he turned over his shoulder to offer a quick smile to Grimoire.

k
    kimura

Having received the invitation Kiko had felt a little curious even though she'd met Toren a couple of times it felt odd getting an invitation from him but if she was anything, she wasn't one to turn down a nice dinner and with a new acquaintance as well.

Having gotten dressed in a nice white short sleeved white blouse, black knee length skirt with matching stockings and ankle high boots she pulled into the address as she stared at the home a few moments getting her wits about her, she was after all meeting a fellow Wise in their home so manners AND etiquette were on the top of her list.

Stepping out of her car she whispered to herself "well... here's to assumed first...first impressions"

She liked the home already. Something about the structure spoke to the simplicity that was her souls hallmark as she approached the door she fitted unconsciously with the hem of her skirt as she took off her sun glasses ringing/knocking [as was appropriate] as she whispered in her native language a greeting to the homes guardian spirit. Though many westerners did not view such things Kiko was still who she was and some traditions were fiercely honored things.

::I hope I am not overly dressed for this outing and why am I so nervous?::

She waited outside looking about the outside of the home with a small smile as she slightly rocked back and forth to some random song in her head

"The same." Grimoire replied. "Well He hasn't mentioned anything about that to me. But most of our meetings where quite occupied with discussion about our job." It was quite clear he was reffering to them being awakenend.
    They hadn't waited for long before toren came bursting through the door and invited them inside.
    "Thanks again for inviting me Toren." He greeted the moros as he began following the men towards the foyer. Before he got there he heard a knock on the door. "Toren. Do we expect another visitor?" He asked with a slight undertone of concern in his voice. One never could be to carefull when you where in a city with a strong banisher presence.
    Giant
    WP 5/5
    Health: [][][][][][][][][][]
    mana: 5/5

Toren smiled, happily receiving them inside before shutting the door. "Thank you, Aenigma, it was built by my grandfather's own hands and with the assistance of my Mentor, Obsidian. He's not here, just so you know. I hardly see him much these days unless I'm in a spot of trouble," the Moros explained before turning to the Obrimos. "But of course, Grim. I was just mentioning to Aenigma the other day how we had met and thought it'd be great to all get together. We have so many common interests after all."

It was then that he heard a knock on the door. "Ah, yes, actually I did invite one more, though I didn't know if she would accept the invitation. I'm very glad she has though." Toren walks back to the front door and opens it for a peek before throwing it open wide. "Ah, Miss Kiko, glad you could make it, and right on time too." His demeanor was practically gleeful, seeing that all were present for this dinner discussion. Ah, he had better get back to the kitchen to make sure the stew was finalized for dinner.

"Ah, please come inside. Yes, well, do make yourselves comfortable in the living room for now. I'll be back in a jiffy." The host flees to the kitchen to allow the mages to say their hellos and introductions.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Well, it certainly sounds like your grandfather was a superb craftsman," said Aenigma, offering the Moros a pleasant smile. He listened to the rest before turning back to Grimoire. "Yes, Toren did mention that you have been initiated into the Mysteries yourself," he said to the Obrimos, making a quick gesture with his open palms, which identified him as a Neokoros Superior amongst the Mysterium.

As Toren and Grimoire turned their attention towards the knocking on the door, the Warlock did the same thing. He was pleased to find out that it wasn't an unexpected arrival, which helped him relax a bit. He took notice of the young woman of Asian decent by the door, trying to recall if he had met her before. As usual, his memory did not fail him and he recalled seeing her at Written in Water before, but he had never spoken to her.

"Hi there," said Aenigma, offering the girl a charming smile. "Kiko, is it? I'm Aenigma."

k
    kimura

"Toren Sempai" she bowed properly to him as he came into her full view "Thank you for the invitation, though to be honest I was a little ... well.. I still am a bit nervous being new to the City" as he allowed her inside she could not help but look around curiously before turning her attention towards the other two gentlemen and slightly bowing to greet them.

"That is correct Sir, I am Kiko" she looked at Toren when he said to make themselves at home so, in doing what she was use to, she removed her boots and placed them beside the door out of the way to retrieve them when she was to leave.

"Aenigma... a unique name that I would guess was to be taken that you enjoy riddles?" she smiled openly finding the resonance of the home to be very much to her liking as she walked in stockinged feet to sniff the air in the direction Toren went off towards "That... smells wonderful"

Turning her attention back to Grimoire she smiled brightly at the face she recognized though her memory faltered at his name "I do not recall your name Sir but I do know your face. I hope you enjoyed the sweets I brought the time we first... kinda met at Dark Eyes apartment, though to be honest I hope to see her again soon because I think I will give her a new name" now grinning impishly at the pair as if she was privy to some joke.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread