Ended
Watch

Mr. Tickle's Wonder Emporium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods in satisfaction at the answer with an expression that might indicate the metalflesh wouldn't be opposed to meeting sometime for a bit of shoptalk. Hopefully beer and pretzels would also be involved. Leaning down slightly, Marcus lowers his voice as he answers the goblin merchant.

"I'm actually a bit of a craftsman myself. Nothing as grand as any of this..."

He sweeps his hand to indicate the wares on display before continuing.

"...but, I was wondering something. Is there any way to control how something I make appears to Average Joe? I've heard that there are ways to make one thing look like another. Perhaps something similar to Fool's Gold?

Alec recognizes a few dreamadrupes and blushberries, but isn't sure of the rest of the contents of the crate. Tickle shakes his head at the question.

"Nosiree. First time. We all live at Bet... I mean, Edna's Boarding House. I convinced her to try and sell some. I tell ya, that woman has a real gift... an honest to goodness green thumb."

I
    Irina

Anya's head jerked up in a 'hey there' sort of motion as Perry greeted her, but her attention was still mostly on the goodies on show. The Draconic made a pointed effort of acknowledging the people as well as the toys, and she flashed a pleasant smile as well.

And then the cat sassed the doctor, too. An eyebrow rose, the purple scales beneath the mask arching too with the faint movement as the cat studied her again.

To get a better look at the animal she moved forward slightly, beside Doctor Jack, after providing L'aire with the same polite greeting.

The Draconic kind of felt the urge to buy a cat.

S
    Sasha

“Good to see you Perry.” And her attention went to the table by them. “Did that just…” L’aire cut herself off. She didn’t realize she was speaking out loud. The Dancer had lived all over the world, and lately Vegas. Accustomed to odd stuff for the most part, she still was caught off guard sometimes.

L’aire couldn’t help but smirking at the Doctor’s remark. She smiled the Draconic who seemed interested in the fluffy thing...that spoke.

“Well, I just got here. I was looking for something unique.” She grinned to the Doctor. “Hey there, I’m L’aire.” Offering her name to the Wizened.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

When Tickle corrects himself Alec looks a bit surprised, and unknowing. Should he know the Boarding House? It is certainly something to ask later. The Woodblood smiles when he recognizes at least a few ​fruits.

Those are the nice refreshments we want!

'Oh I like these, what do you ask for the berries?' A passer-by might see that as 'what amount of money' but Alec knows that some salesman like other things in return. He shortly looks around if anyone is nearby. 'And I'm afraid I haven't tasted those before. Is there anything you can recommend?'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

The cat stares Doctor Jack for a long moment. Long enough that it just starts to become uncomfortable. Then she blinks once and dips her head almost imperceptibly in a gesture more akin to a nod of consent then anything resembling a sign of submission. She leaps down from her perch and moves to rub against his leg.

"You may call me Grimalkin," she purrs in a voice suitable to a post-World War II lounge. She pauses and turns her very green eyes up L'aire . "And if you're looking for something unique you came to the right place." She stalks away from the group and flicks her tail Anya Wyrmblood as she passes by, striking at her like a whip.

Grimalkin completely ignores Perry diCarto .

ST note

After taking a long look around the market Magnus eventually wanders up to Tickle's stall. He pauses, nodding to the other Lost present with a grunt of acknowledgement and then begins perusing the fruits in the offering.

T
    Tyladhras

"Pez dispensers? Yes, I know the things. It's amazing what people collect..." said Serreth, uncertainly. He knew that he himself was certainly capable of slipping into a full-blown lecture on a particular subject but Pez? That was just a bit more random than he was used to.

"Personally I like to collect books."

K
    Kazakin

"I know, I know," Danny said, feeling stupid for having mentioned it. "Books, huh? Maybe there'll be some lying around here... I bet this place has all sorts of things to find."

This was right up there with the most awkward conversations he'd ever had, but he wanted desperately to not seem like a total idiot, so he had to say something to cover for the fact that he'd just managed to deliver the world's first lecture on Pez.

L

Various responses flickered through his mind. In the end he went with the simplest and most direct. He had a feeling that was how Rook would prefer it, anyway. "As soon as business with Marcus is taken care of it's my top priority." And it was apparent in his voice that he meant it. "I'd even be willing to make it the theme of our annual run, if you wouldn't mind."

Page 8 of 12 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread