Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Digital Daysha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha was at home, in her small closet office in her bedroom. She rarely spent a lot of time in the confined space but just in case Aaron came home from his friends house or Darrin stopped over, she didn’t want them nosing about.

She popped out her personal laptop, still secured like her work one. The card the medic gave her was on the desk and she started typing in the site in a google incognito window. She sipped her coffee while waiting for it to appear.

She entered the digits and then the phrase on the card. TalkingDoll

Alright motherfucker if this is a sly way to help me download some virus, I will find you. I know the hospital you “work” at.

I
    Irina

There is no loading screen, no website or helpful buttons. The moment Daysha inputs the information on the card, a chat applet pops up. It's fairly nondescript and basic: a black screen with dark green writing. At the bottom is the typical chat box, and to the side a space for room occupants.

At the moment it displays Daysha- not, of course, her name but the short series of letters and numbers that the Paramedic provided. Just above her "name" is another: ChatBot.

:Good evening. We're glad you decided to join us.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Daysha, didn't do the whole "chat room" thing like her brother did. And she wasn't about to let her son on those yet either. Of course, he probably did anyway but she'd taught him about internet predators.

Her head titled and she responded. Hello. I was given this web address by someone. I only see two names in this thing in here? She didn't really know how to respond puzzled but she tried.

I
    Irina

There is a pause between Daysha's comment and 'ChatBot's' response. Maybe they had a sense of humour, and were chuckling at the reply that the Detective had given.

:It's just the two of us, this room is as secure as we can make it. You were given the address by a colleague, a friend. We carry a candle, too.

D
    Daysha Jackson

As the Detective waited for the reply she wondered if her computer was lagging or something. Maybe it was the site. With her unfamiliarity of chatrooms she just sat and waited patiently.

And clicked the mouse. A couple times.

When the reply came she narrowed her eyes to read. Then typed her reply.

: I understand. Yes, I met him when there was a thing with an inanimate object. Well, so I thought it was inanimate. I am guessing you figured out I'm a candle holder too?

Daysha's socializing wasn't exactly the greatest. This was even more difficult for her. I suddenly feel stupid.

I
    Irina

This time there is no reply, as they quickly got to the bones of the conversation. There was not, of course, any indication of what the 'Chatbot' might have been thinking or feeling at the current time. As always, a blank and bland chat window took away so much from a conversation.

:Yes, but we needed to be sure. The medical emergency helped to confirm what we already suspected. Both about you and the object.

:Have you been able to access the house since the initial contact?

S
    Selena

Her head popped back at the speed of the return. Her eyebrows moved together. Neato, I think I’m being stalked by the paramedics.

:Could you elaborate on suspected, please?

She hit return.

:Negative. The item is in a heavy toolbox with heavier items on top of it for the moment.

So far, she kinda liked whoever she was talking to. Straight and to the point, that was her flavor.

I
    Irina

:We do our best to keep track of sympathetic parties to our Vigil. Your profession would tend to confirm your stability in the extracurricular activities you do. We don't hand our information to just anyone.

Hopefully, anyway. At least his typed words seemed sincere.

:As to the object in question, we were tracking it's whereabouts. Unfortunately it was lost after an incident at a park. It should never had been allowed to come into contact with the child.

D
    Daysha Jackson

Yup, I’m being stalked. Fucking great. Daysha thought while she was reading through the text. Then again, it was the Vigilists stalking her. She hoped.

:I understand.
    <return>
    :Tracking it’s whereabouts from what location? Which park? Would this have come up anywhere that I would know of? Agreed with the girl.

Then the doorbell rang.

:Please hold on, someone is at my door.

She didn't wait for a reply. I swear to god if it’s these guys I’m gonna flip my bitchcakes. Daysha grabbed her gun on the way to the door.

I
    Irina

When Daysha returned, there would be a reply waiting for her. It was concise and to the point.

:Tahoe Park, the object should have been picked up and destroyed. However an unfortunate accident served to distract us, and it was lost. Until now.

Wits + composure +2 to recall events surrounding Tahoe Park.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.