Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Adam and Martha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I
    Irina

Adam did step a little to the side, remaining in the Court proper but keeping out of the way of any passing Kindred.

"I do regret not having the opportunity to speak with you sooner, Madame Herald," Adam continued. His smile remained affable, though his voice maintained the air of formality that was only proper when speaking with a Kindred of much greater standing than himself.

That in itself was not too difficult, considering he was, quite simply, just Adam York.

"Time appears to have flown, so many new faces passing in and out of Sacramento. But I hope you are still well?" he inquired gently.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A gentle smile is in evidence as she listens to Adam talk. Rubbing at her crippled hip as she nods, her twin tails bob slightly. "Oh yes, sir...I am quite well, than you for asking. I hope you are too! Do not worry about regrets, sir...we are correcting our absence from each other as we speak! I am, I confess, most interested to hear of your recent activity! Do you have any stories to share, please, sir?" she asked, genuinely interested. Afterall, Martha felt in need of an amusing anecdote right now.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I
    Irina

The Daeva thought of the unfortunate events of Christmas, of the news his Sire had told him, the break-in, and his stalker - but those were tales to keep close to him. Particularly in such an open area, some things should just not be vocalised. Nor was he entirely sure he wanted to talk about recent, more personal events.

Instead Adam smiled, answered friendly enough but attempted to deflect nonetheless. "Apart from assisting Regent Hart, precious little has occurred, I'm afraid." The Herald likely had enough things on her plate, without listening to tales of woe. He wasn't lying, of course, he merely wished to avoid a painful subject.

2 Successes to avoid the matter at hand
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-01 14:53:04 Someone rolls 10 to Manipulation + Subterfuge + Spec (10 Again) 7, 1, 6, 5, 9, 3, 3, 2, 9, 5 2 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha hesitated. Uncertain about this. She had hoped for a jolly anecdote to lift her evening. She had no wish to press for more details about the thievery of the Regent...at least not yet.

"I see!"
    she replies as cheerfully as she can. "Ah, well..." she paused again. Conversation usually came, if not easily, then at least could follow a pattern. Rubbing hard at her hip she suddenly found herself wondering what to do next. Adam had sought her out for gossip. A gentle blink. She played for time and took off her spectacles to clean the lenses on the lapel of her blazer. Offering Adam a shy smile as she did so. "Well...there are, as you say, a lot of new faces. I wonder, sir: I have spoken with others about holding various evening events...both formal and informal...to allow opportunities for the Kindred of this Domain to meet and mingle. What would your feelings be about attending an evening presentation of a motion picture show, with that purpose in mind, sir?" placing her spectacles back on her small nose was a gentle and dainty fingertip activity. Blue eyes watched Adam carefully.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I
    Irina

Adam smiled gently, his dark eyes following the sudden motion of the Herald rubbing her hip. He contemplated inquiring if she was in pain, but decided against it. It would have been rude to direct attention to the action, particularly when the Mekhet had not mentioned it herself. Instead his gaze flickered back to the petite Kindred's face. Despite his internal stirring emotions at the previous topic, outwardly his posture maintained an air of casualness; thumbs hooked into the pockets of his trousers.

His expression broadened into a far more interested grin as he listened to the suggestion, and the Daeva nodded with clear interest.

"It would be an offer I certainly would not turn down. Particularly not from yourself, Madame Herald. I never could say no to a social event," he chuckled lightly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha found herself smiling happily enough. Nodding again. "How splendid! In that case, I shall look forward to the evening with more glee! I think it could be most splendid! I wonder...do you think some form of quiz might be in order? Perhaps help people into teams...mixing the new faces with the older hands...so they may converse and operate as a team in the quiz at the end of the evening? Perhaps they might compete for some jolly old prize!" she laughed happily, but her question was genuine.

She took a moment to nod respectfully to Aileen and Dillon too as he begins to speak with Alexei and Josephine.

Nodding once again to Adam as if to take this moment to illustrate two new faces in the Domain already.

I
    Irina

"I think that would be an extremely good idea," Adam nodded thoughtfully, and idly raised a hand to rub at his chin as he considered the proposition.

"Mixing terms certainly seems to be the done thing; the social aspect would certainly be made more enjoyable by compelling the unfamiliar together." With that piece of agreement, the Daeva was clearly expressing his desire to meet and greet more people. It was something that he enjoyed, and had been woefully neglecting as late.

He needed to get back on that proverbial horse.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling carefully Martha rubbed for a moment at her hip before asking, "Perhaps, sir, we might make a positive start and go over, at the risk of introducing ourselves, and greet the new arrivals too?" a shy smile and small giggle is offered as she nods again towards the new faces speaking with Dillon and Co.

I
    Irina

Adam followed the Herald's line of sight, seeking out where she was indicating. He bowed his head again, the smile tugging at one corner of his mouth.

"Nothing would please me more, Madame Herald,"
    the Daeva responded politely. It would help him get back into the saddle - and really, there was a great amount of satisfaction that in meeting a newcomer, he might be considered an "old hand".

The thought made him chuckle.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Splendid, sir!" Clearly delighted at this, she smiled to Adam and offered a smile to Dillon too as she readied her hat and hobbled over, hopefully with Adam close at hand, to meet the new arrivals...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.