Ended
Watch

Meeting of the Guild of Combat Arts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    E
    Ebon Reaper

Ricardo bowed to the Judex, at least as much as being seated will let him. Her talents in unarmed combat put his to shame. He remember back to the time she smashed that unfortunate neonate.

When Kindred started talking again, Ricardo figured he would go for it. "Meister Greyson, I believe the majority of your tenants sound good. However, is there a reason for limiting a petitioner to one area? What if someone wishes to learn both gun and armed combat?" I have a lot to learn in both of those.

The Mexican thought back to his own tutoring sessions with both Adam and Conner. "Interpreter Brown, I would worry that we would be over complicating matter if we chose to use all those titles." I hope that was diplomatic enough. I would rather this guild be about fighting than etiquette.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, now, enough is enough.

The earlier omission had annoyed him -- this was unacceptable.

"Mister Reyes,"
    Asa began with a small smile.

"That is quite enough. While it's obvious from the past that you find naming conventions 'complicated', that is a personal failing -- and one that needs to be corrected. I suggest you devote as much time to the Au Pair as to the Meister to rectify that, and prepare yourself to formally announce every member of the Domain at the next Court to demonstrate your progress."

Asa shook his head slightly in disapproval and disappointment that his own Blood had to be corrected, but he'd already given him a pass earlier.

He gestured to Conner to indicate he was finished.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist kept her face carefully composed as Conner indicates that she join them, offering only a smile and briefest dip of her head to the man as she settled into the open chair.

Their group was one of power- acquiring and maintaining it. A simple concept that was made into a complicated dance with money, attitude, titles, responsibilities... The list was seemingly endless. And through her own fault, Twist had misstepped in the dance. She had shown up late.

It was a chance for Conner. If he denied her for being late, he gained power. But he hadn't. He smoothly accepted her presence and continued with the meeting. Twist would not forget.

Glancing briefly to Asa and then Ricardo she then turned her attention back to the conversation, having faith that Ricardo would heed Asa's words. Personally she sympathized with him- the titles of her chosen covenant gave her a headache at every social event. But her solution was to simply avoid using them as much as possible instead if risking messing them up.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

C
    Conner Greyson

Once his majesty is done with the reprimand, Conner simply moves on not even looking at Mister Rodriguez to show his feelings on the matter.

Instead Conner turns to Alice, “Indeed Madam Librettist Brown, we would most certainly train those within the guild. Anyone training under one of the Members of the Guild would be apprenticing to to that member. For example if I were to wish to improve my skill with firearms, with your permission, I would be apprenticing in that skillset.”

Conner paused for a moment evaluating the rest of the Librettist’s questions. “I would say it is only prudent that one be tested if they wish to be recognized as an expert in their skill set. I would also say that the word of a mentor should be required.”

The Meister gaze then shifts to the Soldier, “Mister Soldier Rodriguez, It is not that the Apprentice is limited to one area, it's that they are limited to one area at a time. The reason for this is that if I were training, say, Mister York, in bladed combat, I would find it disrespectful if he were to not be focusing on the training from me, and instead dividing his focus. But if the Guild feels otherwise, please say so."

"What else needs to be addressed?"
    Conner asked again opening the discussion to the table.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice doesn't hide her surprise when Ricardo says the usage of those titles would be complicated. It is not as if being a Mentor is an official position, it just makes clear who does what. However, when Asa corrects him, Alice does hide her smile. Everything that happens among the Invictus means so much, that this says a lot about everyone. The Harpy just keeps her eyes open to see how others react.

When the Meister answers her second question about how to test skills, Alice nods. 'That sounds like good way to handle it.' Which is the last thing she says for a while. When Conner asks if anything else should be discussed, the Daeva remains silent.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Prince's words his with the force of a blood whip. It is blatantly obvious to Ricardo how he messed up, although he tries not to show any emotion. Still, it was oddly comforting. He had made a mistake, and another Lord had told him what it was and given him a punishment so that he could learn from it. This whole experience was remarkably similar to being back in Mexico.

Plus it could have been much worse. He wasn't banished, staked, or worse.

The Mexican Lord bows deeply to his superior. "I am sorry your Grace. I will heed your words." Unusually for a Kindred, his words are completely sincere. There was nothing else to be said.

When Conner addresses him, the Hispanic Ventrue nods his head in agreement. When the Meister asks if anyone feels otherwise, Ricardo just shakes his head.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Only Ariana’s blue eyes moved to the quips between Ricardo and Asa. If she thought anything, it did not touch the expression on her face or in her body language.

“Focusing on one area at a time will allow those skills to set into place before moving to another.” Ariana said in agreement to the conversation. Some items applied to her but for now, she was an apprentice to these skills. Her skills in higher levels were elsewhere. “I think it would be a good idea to have a master or mentor in particular areas of expertise."

Her head turned slightly as she made another inquiry to the table as a whole. “Will there be an ample space to train for those who are in the Guild? I do understand that training with firearms will require a special space, or rented use of one.” The Lordess spoke with ease as this was something that should be addressed. Most places everyone convened at were Elysia, and there were many rules regarding these sites, including violence.

C
    Conner Greyson

"I am still working on cementing a permanent place for our guild to convene, until that time, there is a conference room at A&N Security that I have refitted into a training room. You are all welcome to use that space. I am afraid it will not work for Firearms training. There are several gun ranges that are open late into the evening in the city." Conner explains. Conner looks about to the group, "I believe we have discussed everything that I wished to discuss tonight. We have a successful start on our tenants. I will have them written up formally and have them distributed to the members of the guild. We Discussed the procedures for training and who is eligible for training. Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?" Conner asked again opening the floor. If no one responds he will close the meeting.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Ahem.' Alice softly clears her throat, there is one more thing. While speaking she looks around. 'There is not point of discussion, but I do like to say that I can provide weapons for the Members of the Guild of Combat Arts. I have no doubt that some have their own contacts, but it may be said.'

Of course, they still need to be paid. Of course, Alice is not handing out incendiary grenades. But the appointments with Mr. Sniper are already made.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Comfortable and approving of Ricardo's acceptance, Asa returned to his role as observer, listening as the logistics were worked out.

Idly, he wondered at Ariana's question: did it mean that she and Conner did not speak about everything with one another, that the question had never been raised before, or that she was bird-dogging the conversation for him? All three possibilities were intriguing.

Did Lioni enjoy watching me?
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.