Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Eolas) The Books of Vile Darkness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jim's fingers were flying on a laptop at the Eolas Library, typey-hands going at it as he searched and searched and searched. He wasn't great at it, but throw enough time at something, and you'll get there eventually. His tie was off. His top two buttons were undone. He was fucking tired.

Looking over at Chris with a weary look in his eye, the Taifa asked, "Find anything?" Their work was long, but slowly and surely, they were getting the materials down to find the next great lead. After all, they could write as many books as they wanted -- and they had, the shelves slowly growing with their collective significant occult knowledge -- but they needed some external knowledge. And so that was where they looked next.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris' situation is not a lot different, except that his tie isn't off. The Vala almost never wears a tie outside official courts. He hadn't been a fan of writing books themselves, he rather finds the sources from where he once got his knowledge. Now that takes time of course, but it eventually gives them a lot more knowledge.

'Nah, not yet really. The University knows my name, I do some research now and then, but I have no passwords since I'm not working there... I'm trying to find some old books. Not necessarily with occult stuff, but at least with myths that people once believe to be true.' He scratches the back of his head, a common sign for Chris. He is either in doubt, ashamed, or tired. Right now the latter is the reason why he does it.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Selena

The internet is really really great… for research. As the Shadow and Gangrel put their heads together at a computer, clicking a few things here and there.

Teamwork Roll
    Chris Please roll INT+Academics+Spec. Extended for 4
    INT+Occult Extend for 4

Jim's detailed knowledge of the occult seems to pay off here; he's quick, and effective.

4 sux in 2 rolls

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Like he said, the research is not going very well. Chris finds things that could lead to useful stuff... but that isn't really something.

I rolled as many times as Lokio, so we do things in the same amount of time
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-08 09:32:40 Chris rolls 7 to Extended Int + Academics + Spec (10 Again) 1, 4, 8, 2, 4, 2, 5 1 success
    2012-06-08 09:32:20 Chris rolls 7 to Extended Int + Academics + Spec (10 Again) 10, 3, 7, 2, 5, 1, 4, 4 1 success
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Selena

The Shadow and Gangrel's search does find a few things on the internet. Their search of rare or occult books did find a few things. However, details of certain books are possibly inconclusive. There are brief synopsis of old Grimoires, Magic Evocaton, Spells and Practices. There was a plethora of information but as to what the two men were looking for was up to them.

Some of the books that were featured on these sites were rare, and some available in translation. There were several works for Alistair Crowley that were found in the search. Yet what they clicked on would soon tell them what may be available within the city.

Here are what the search found, just to name a few.

Dogma Et Rituel De La Haute Magie

9 Proven Magical Rites

The Powerful And Deadly Spells Of The Javanese

Le Dragon Rouge

Alistair Crowley

Geography of Witchcraft

Jim motioned to Le Dragon Rouge, curious about it. "Want to check that out?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Hmm.' Chris nods, a bit absently, but with a big grin. He looks at all the stuff they found.

'I'm also curious what this The Javanese is? And... "proven rituals" must be interesting. It is funny to see what some people think, but even more interesting if things turn out to be true.' He wouldn't be surprised, it is not hard to believe that Cruac is not the only kind of magic in this world. But the question is, can other kinds of magic also be used by vampires?

Eventually though, the Vala focuses more on Le Dragon Rouge. Extremely rare makes it automatically more attractive to read further. 'Yeah, let's do that!'

S
    Selena

As the men look at the new books like a child looks to candy in a display counter, the question was where in Sacramento were these books contained. If they were at all.

So how is Chris' googlefu? Int+Comp +1 equipment.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'We know they exist, now I want to know where!' type type tick tick on the keyboard.

Chris grins, 'I guess the Pirate Bay has no pdf's of these books...'

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-10 07:36:25 Chris rolls 5 to Int + Comp + Equip to Google "Le Dragon Rouge" (10 Again) 7, 4, 3, 6, 10, 1 1 success

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.