Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
And Off We Go!

Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

The hobo listens to Heath's words, not saying much in return. Perhaps he is a little wary of the whole thing, or maybe he doesn't particularly care if the police comes around and scoops up the invaders in his turf. "Bob, my name is Bob," he says to the Minstrel, taking one last look at the group. "Good luck with your thing. Hopefully y'all can figure out something and get them out of here." With those words, the man returns to his business as usual, which involves holding up his sign and waiting for other people's charity as he stands in his corner.

As the group starts heading across the street, Duncan stops them for a moment. "Ok, so we need a plan of action," says the Elemental, frowning slightly. "If we all just walk up en mass over there, we may startle the group or raise some suspicion as to what our motives are." He pauses for a moment and then turns to Heath. "I like what you said back there, about us being volunteers and all that," he says, considering how they can take that strategy one step further. "So...any ideas of how we can work with that? Because we all need to be on the same page."

Heath walks away with the others, waving goodbye to Bob and wearing an encouraging smile. He addresses Duncan first hoping to offer useful suggestions. "I think it depends on whether we're going to use stealth or diplomacy. We could talk our way through to getting information as to who's in charge. At least there might be someone in charge. I'm not sure if they're really organized enough to being directed by invisible hands. Seems like they're just squatting."

They had three Fairests at their disposal, all of whom would likely charm the scales off a snake given the inclination. A handyman, and a rather wet looking woman who could easily pass for one of their number. "Hmm, Terra TerraFredrick , what do you think, should we try to talk our way through or mingle discreetly among them trying to pick up on the vibe of the crowd?" He wasn't sure why he asked Terra, but she seemed to be thinking intently one something.

"If we use diplomacy I'll just stay back, try to keep myself unnoticed and keep an eye on you guy's. I'm about as blunt as a sledgehammer to the face when it comes to social dealings. I probably would either accidentally let them know that we are up to something." Larry piped in.

m
    miniatureian

"It does seem that a few more personal interactions may provide better info. Mary and Heath, I would be pleased for the assistance. As far as approach, we're volunteers from a charity, looking if there is a particular reason for the increase of people here or increase in need?

Heath, try your hand at interacting with the fellows, I'll take Mary and chat up some...ladies."
    The questioning tone showed her Fairest's prejudice, for beauty is directly tied to worth.

Turning to Larry, Terra also adds "If anything...unsavory looks to occur, it's not a subtle warning I'll be wanting."

OOC

As Terra speaks Mary's name, she realizes that the Muse is nowhere to be found. Not only that, but it seems that the Ogress vanished along with her. Perhaps both women had found something better to do than speak with a bunch of hobos, but it would've been nice if they had at least said their farwells to the group.

"Uhh, it seems you are gonna have to pick a different partner," says Duncan to the the androgynous Succubus as he notices both Mary and Karina not being around anymore. "I tell you what. Why don't you and Heath go over and talk to that group, do your whole Spring thing and what not." He pauses, giving the pair of Fairests a sly grin. "Larry and I will take a walk and see what else we can find around these areas while you two do that."

Damn! That bitch totally took Mrs. Rosemary's food with her! Should've guessed that was going to happen...

At the realization, the Elemental lets out a sigh. "I guess we don't have Mrs. Rosemary's cooking as a bargaining chip," he points out to the remaining members of his team. "So we'll have to rely on our own charm. Sound fair?" His grin widens a bit as he says this.

Charm; what do an Elemental and a Wizened know about that anyway?

Larry was a bit annoyed at the turnover rate of the changelings on the job. What was up with that? Larry shoved it out of his mind though, no sense getting worked up about stuff like that.
    "Sounds like a decent idea to me." He said in response to duncan's plan.

At Duncan's comment about charm he couldn't help but let out a sigh. "Well my charm consists about letting people piss their pants I'm afraid. So i hope you brought yours along." Larry said in a deadpan tone

"Speak for yourself, I brought plenty to bargain with," overhearing Duncan and gesturing to his satchel. "You'd be surprised how minor conveniences go a long way. Though with this crowd letting on that you've got anything at all of worth might make a mob of them. But our best bargaining chip is the silver in our tongues. Good, old fashioned, and civil." He winked to Terra miniatureian awaiting her agreement with the plan before following her towards the group that Duncan had directed them to.

m
    miniatureian

Terra replies with a nod, "The Silver Fairest are we and our tongues. Bewilder the natives to a confused state where there minds let slip any terrible secrets. Or perhaps that's just how it happens in my head."

She boldly stepped forward with the knowledge that Heath was following and could fix any mess i get myself into.

Moving over and addressing one of the men just past the edge of the group, Terra put on a professional 'it's my job to be here' air with a rehearsed introduction. "Hi, I'm Donna representing several local non-profit associations. My companion and I are looking into the needs of surrounding communities. Would you mind answering some questions? Do you know the others that have gathered here?"

OOC:SORRY!!

Heath & Terra

The man turns as he is approached by the pair of Fairest, giving them an odd look. "Umm, sure...I guess," he says in response to Terra's question, a hint of hesitation in his voice. "You could say we are all 'friends' of sorts...or associates, maybe that's a better word for it."

Meanwhile, the crowd of about eight or so that is hanging back a few yards away from them, turns to look at the pair, giving them wary looks. They turn back and begin to whisper to each other, turning back to look at Heath and Terra from time to time with some suspicion in their eyes.

OOC

Larry & Duncan

Duncan begins to walk around, leading Larry down another street. "So, you a Summer guy too, huh?" asks the Elemental, who had noticed the Wizened's Mantle upon his arrival. "Have you met the boss yet? He's a real stand up guy." He offers his fellow Summer a quick proud smile to go along with his praise of Spartan.

OOC

Page 6 of 12 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread