Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Dr. Greenthumb

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

"Thank you," Regina told him politely when he invited them inside. She felt safer doing business inside, out of sight of prying eyes. Not that the neighborhood wasn't used to such sights, but cops did sometimes patrol. She didn't care for the smoke, but she did her best to ignore it.

She sat down on the arm of the couch, keeping some distance from the dog, just in case. "I've heard of some new ace. Really powerful stuff, and I must admit to some curiosity about it," Regina began. "Chris said you had some, and I'd like to buy."

Regina crossed her legs, trying to settle herself on the couch arm a little more comfortably. Goddess, he needed a new, more comfortable couch. "It feels like the stuff came out of nowhere." She looked over at the dealer, giving him a seductive smile as she batted her eyes. "Seeing as Chris recommended you, I bet you know where this stuff comes from and how it's managed to stay so quiet."

Complete failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-24 11:27:01 Regina rolls 8 to Don't you want to impress the pretty girl? (Manip + Persuasion +1 SL) 1, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 1, 2 failure
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

Magnus remains silent as he follows the Woodblood into the house. He finds an innocuous place to stand and studies the room, looking for all possible exits both mundane and any portal that could possibly turned into an escape into the Hedge.

where are the exits?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-24 21:39:37 Magnus rolls 5 to perception (10 Again) 7, 7, 4, 5, 10, 10, 7 2 successes

pay not attention to the man in the corner
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-24 21:43:43 Magnus rolls 5 to avoid notice (Wits or Manipulation? + stealth -- same dice pool) (10 Again) 4, 2, 3, 7, 8 1 success

The dealer cracks a grin at Regina's words. "Well, if you are lookin' to buy, I can definitely hook ya up girl," he says to the Woodblood. "But I really can't tell ya where I got it from. A businessman can't give out his sources out just like that, ya know? It's bad for business." His grin widens as he says this, and then he gives her a quick wink.

"But I do have whatchu lookin' for tho," states the dealer. "How much are you lookin' to buy?"

Meanwhile, Magnus manages to spot a window on the other side of the room. He also notices a door that is currently closed, and a hallway that leads somewhere else; possibly a kitchen. Harvey hangs back, doing a quick scan of the room as well and watching the exchange between the dealer and Regina.

"I understand that everyone has their little secrets. I certainly have mine. Perhaps we might exchange some," Regina suggested with a wicked grin, pulling out a couple twenties. "I'll tell you something of mine, and you can tell me something of yours. Doesn't that sound fair to you?"

She leaned a little closer to him, placing the twenties in his lap. "Perhaps if your secret's really interesting, I'll throw in a little something extra. The first twenty is for the product. The rest..." She shrugged playfully and returned his wink with one of her own. "Will be just between us."

that's a little better. 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-26 00:16:55 Regina rolls 8 to Make a deal? (Manipulation 3 + Persuasion 4 +1SL) 4, 6, 4, 8, 2, 10, 3, 9 3 successes
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

At first, the dealer doesn't seem to be very convinced by the Woodblood's suggestion. However, when she gets a little closer and places the money in his lap, he can't hide the devious grin that is caused by her touch. "Aight, aight. So you really trying to find out where this shit is coming from, huh?" says Delroy wiggling his eyebrows a couple of times.

"I tell you what; why don't you and I go have a private chat about this," he says as his grin widens. "I'll let you in on my secret, as long as you let me in on yours gril." It is pretty obvious that the dealer is willing to give her the information, but the purchase they were about to make is no longer important to him. Having to choose between business and pleasure, he seems to be wanting to go for the latter.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-26 10:29:35 Delroy rolls 6 to resist Regina's sexy proposition (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 5, 2, 7, 4, 5 2 successes

Meanwhile, Harvey just glares at the guy, clenching his fists so hard, that his knuckles crack loudly. However, the dealer is too distracted with Regina to even notice this. The dog on the other hand, glares back at the Sun Banisher but remains seated by his owner's feet.

Regina blinked a few times, looking a little confused. "Why would we need to have a private chat?"

Glancing at the others, she realized what he was worried about. "If you're concerned about my friends overhearing your secret, you could just whisper it in my ear." She gave him a smile. "I don't think my friends would be pleased if I went out of their sight."

She also didn't really want to go somewhere private with the guy. What if his dog attacked her, and Harvey and Magnus weren't there to help? She was a good shot, but odds were the dog was faster at the draw.

"I'll start."
    Regina leaned over to whisper in the man's ear. "I'm Chris's protege, and I'm almost as good as him at fake IDs."
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

Magnus' face becomes somewhat more expressive than normal. His expression looks like a cross between consternation, constipation, and incredulity as he watches the scene unfold. He glances at Harvey with a confused look and the rapidly begins cataloging escape plans and considering if they stand a chance of overpower the dealer. He mutters something under his breath that sounds something like, "F'ing Spring...." though his voice is low enough not to carry to the one mortal in the room.

The dealer laughs when she whispers in his ear. "Girl, you are just teasing me now," he says and then laughs again, with a hint of mockery. "If I needed a fake ID, I'd know where to get one." He lets the leash on his dog go, but the dog just sits back and doesn't really do anything differently than before.

"You be playin' with me girl," he shakes his head. "Why don't you and me go back to my room, let your friends hang out with Ali over here. He's pretty friendly." He offers them all a shit-eating grin.

Harvey keeps a straight face, but does not break eye contact with the dealer.

"And why in this world or the next would I do that before you tell me anything?" Regina replied evenly. Sleeping with someone was one thing, but she didn't trust him, especially when he said he was going to leave Harvey and Magnus alone with the dog. Really, did he think she was stupid? "I upheld my end of the bargain, now it is time for you to do the same."

She stood up and took a step away from the dealer, pulling a few more twenties out of her pocket. "Please, let us get on with this. We have things to do," she continued. "Tell me where this lovely new ace comes from, give us the product I paid for, and I'll give you the rest of this." She fanned the money out a little. "Surely this is interesting enough for you."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-27 13:54:48 Regina rolls 8 to Let's get on with this (Manip + Persuasion +1 SL) 6, 1, 10, 9, 3, 8, 4, 7 3 successes
    [CENTER]
    Regina

[B]Freehold ?????????

Magnus keeps watching all the possible exits and adds to his deliberative cycle the dog. It seems to be calm for now, but dogs could get mean fast, especially when they're kept as extra muscle/intimidation factor like this one. He waits quietly and seemingly calmly to watch the scene unfold. His occasional nervous glance toward Harvey betrays the anxiety he feels with the current situation.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread