Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
61 - 70
DISPLAYED
Can I Get a Hit of That?

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

He recalls that while there's a variety of snakes in California, most of them are benign. However, there is one snake that is extremely dangerous; the rattlesnake. Although, John does not recall hearing any sounds that indicate the presence of one.

"What's wrong?" asks Nora, giving the Darkling a puzzling look.

L
    LadyVictris

"Can't you hear the snake? What if it's a rattler?"

John looks around uneasily, trying to spot the source of the hissing.

OOC

"I heard something...I just didn't know it was a snake," says Nora in response. "We should probably leave..." she lets her words trail off, obviously concerned with the idea of snakes nearby.

OOC

L
    LadyVictris

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-06-06 08:57:53 John Lapsley rolls 4 to perception -1 to spot snake (10 Again) 1, 3, 1, 8 1 success

As John looks around, he manages to spot a snake slithering around the grass not too far from them. Fortunately for him, the snake does not appear to have a rattle at the end of its tail. It seems as if the snake knows they are there, but it appears to be minding its own business for now.

Snake

L
    LadyVictris

John sighs with relief as he spots the apparently non-venomous snake.

"Oh, good...not a rattler. Don't know what it is, but I don't think it's dangerous."

He glances at the Drudge when when she suggests leaving.

"You think we've found enough? We have a phone number at least, I suppose."

Nora notices the snake as the Darkling points it out, her body tensing up as she sees the animal. "Are you sure it isn't dangerous?" she asks John, a hint of fear in her voice. "I would rather not take my chances...besides, we can go back to the campus and ask around there...or get back in touch with the others and see if they have found anything yet." As the Wizened girl speaks, her eyes remain on the snake, watching the serpent's every move.

L
    LadyVictris

John looks at Nora with mild concern as she seems to getting more frightened. No point in pushing her: they wouldn't find anything if she was this distracted. Besides, he wasn't actually certain that there wasn't any danger.

"You're probably right - I don't know for sure, and we should get back in touch with the others, see how they got on with their lead."

"I think that's probably the best option right now," says the Drudge in response. "Try giving Regina a call, or Harvey." Nora continues to watch the snake, which continues to slither around nearby.

"Besides, those kids have your number. If they find anything of use they will give us a call," adds the Wizened.

OOC

L
    LadyVictris

OOC

The Whisperwisp nods.

"Ok then, lets get going."

As he starts to head back to the campus and it's bus stop, John pulls out his phone and scrolls for Harvey's number.

End Scene

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread