Ended
Watch
101 - 105
DISPLAYED
Rise With Me

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
    K
    Kazakin

"Actually, yeah, I do. We're about five minutes walk from the Costco if we cut through that playground up ahead,"the scarred Agent said, shifting the smoking cigarette in his mouth. It felt good. He had a vague idea that it was something called displacement activity, but right now he didn't give much of a shit.

He started walking.

"Well that's a bit of luck, 'innit," chimed Lynx following their coxswain and wishing he hadn't misplaced his own cigarettes. He wasn't about to ask for one either. He figured the plan now was to get everyone home in their own beds and figure it out tomorrow. Or lay low, as they say. Lynx doubted the medical documents had much information to gleam, probably combed over carefully by the staff.

The cameras, the staff, the suits, the hotel and the gas. Was it all a setup? Who was pulling the strings and why? What was so important about this Miss Stone and her kidnapper. Or maybe it was the hotel that was of real significance. He wondered if that clerk was still there at the front desk with that stupid grin on his face. The longer they left this alone the less evidence might be left behind. They had barely enough answers as it was. Lynx rubbed the bridge of his nose as his brows strained in frustration.

April couldn't help but be relieved at the revelation made by Derevko. "Oh, thank god!" she said, a smile returning to her face. "I was beginning to think that we were gonna have to flag down a cab without any idea of where we were standing." And that would've been a pain in the ass, considering her lack of familiarity with Sacramento's landscape.

I need to start getting around the city a bit more. It would help knowing the landmarks in case I get lost or something...

While the whole incident at the hotel was still in the back of her mind, April did her best to leave it there. She didn't feel like thinking about it at that moment, and was beginning to feel rather hungry as a matter of fact. How long had they been in that hospital?

"Gosh, I could really use something to eat right now," she said to no one in particular, following the agents' lead.

K
    Kazakin

"Pretty sure we all could, April," Derevko drawled as he headed towards the park, the cigarette gripped between his teeth. Nicotine. Sweet fucking nicotine, and not enough to stop the boiling, rising urge to use his fists on something. Fuck, he wanted to be in a fight right now.

"We get the fuck home okay, I'll order you a pizza."

I
    Irina

The three of them don't take too long to arrive back at the Costco- and the hotel next door. There's tape around the front, closing off access and it's a safe bet that any attempts at gaining entry would result in a severe reprimand.

The car is just where it was parked several hours ago, untouched. The street is chugging along at a sleepy pace; as if nothing odd ever happened inside the nearby several story building. For everyone else, life was continuing as normal.

Feel free to wrap up here, or continue into a social thread if you guys want to get that pizza. Awesome job, you three!

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.