Ended
Watch
71 - 80
DISPLAYED
Winter Whispers at Treasured

Page 8 of 16 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk looked up at the queen, his queen. “I fear I have not been keeping myself hidden well enough until this very day.” he said his hand laying on his chest, “And I have not been keeping my emotions as in check as I should, and I have not been holding myself completely as a Winter, Your Majesty.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin listens to both Smudge and Dominyk, as each explains their transgressions. Her expression remains neutral as they speak, and once each finishes their piece she remains in silence for a moment. "Keeping our nature hidden is most important, yes?" says the Onyx Queen to both of them. "Smudge, your actions not only put you at harm of being discovered, but they have threatened the safety of this Freehold as a whole. For this, I would like you to swear that for a whole moon cycle, you will not use your abilities recklessly, in a way that endangers us all, no?" She pauses, looking directly into the Cyclopean's one eye before continuing. "If you fail to uphold this pledge, you will be cursed by the Wyrd."

Pledge Mechanics

The Fairest then turns her attention to Dominyk. "Letting your emotions run amok is foolish, yes?" says Katrin as her gaze settles on the other Fairest. "Others will use it against you. You must learn to keep better control over your emotions, no?" The Queen's voice is as cold as ice as she says this, and the room's temperature suddenly drops as Katrin's mantle flares for a brief moment.

"Perhaps you need to take some time to think about that, yes?" says the Queen, finally breaking the moment of silence before turning her attention back to the gathering at large. "Now, unless anyone else has any questions or concerns, feel free to socialize amongst each other, no?" says Katrin, a smirk touching the corner of her lips for a brief second.

6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-25 08:33:03 Katrin Byeli rolls 15 to Hallow Fields, Empty Harvest (Fleeting Winter 4) (10 Again) 3, 4, 3, 10, 2, 4, 8, 9, 4, 6, 6, 8, 3, 5, 10, 2, 10, 4 6 successes

Key , please roll Wyrd+Composure for Dominyk
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Smudge

PRE

Smudge listened but didn't bow his head. Not out of disrespect but because of the sudden weight on his shoulders and the way his Queen locked her eyes with his lone orb. He understood what this meant and had no other choice but to accept.

"I know this, me Queen. I swear t' keep meself to meself, and me glamour hidden away."

Accepting his fate, Smudge felt the judgement of Domynik and just knew how lightly he got off.

-1 Willpower to accept pledge

Magnus watches the confessions and judgment silently. He watches impassively as Smudge is pledgebound to subtlety. When the Queen's mantle flairs and Dominyk is chastised by her Wyrd, he raises an eyebrow, but no other sign or reaction crosses the Wizened's face.

keeping his emotions hidden
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-25 11:14:51 Magnus rolls 5 to keep his emotions and thoughts hidden (Composure + Subterfuge + 1/day mantle bonus) (10 Again) 1, 9, 4, 9, 7 2 successes

T
    Tyler

Thomas stepped forward somewhat nervously, but he felt he needed to speak. "May I make an observation about the Icelaw, my queen?"

No, no, no, NO, NO! NO!!

Every particle of his existence and screamed in resistance to the flux of power coming from the Queen. The touch of winter had never been so cruel to him.

Yes, he had used the emotions, yes, perhaps a bit more widely than he should have according to the Icelaw. But, they were life to him.

He could hear the soft, rolling voice that belonged to her, and he fell to his knees, his face in his hands as his last shred of resistance was turned aside and the emotions were torn from him. He could feel the edges of the wound begin to loose feeling as they iced over, and the hole itself began to fill with a cold wind.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-25 20:43:53 Dominyk rolls 5 to Wyrd+Composure (10 Again) 10, 10, 6, 8, 7, 10, 10, 4, 1 5 successes
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

As Thomas takes a step forward, Katrin just gestures with her right hand. The gesture urges him to speak, and the look in her eyes make it clear she wishes him to make this quick.
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

PRE

Irea nearly dropped her glass, but fear of drawing the Queen's attention to her somehow put strength back into her fingers, and she held on to it, if just barely. Her pulse felt thready, and she slowly and unobtrusively took a sip of her drink to calm herself. The way Dominyk was struck to his knees in anguish, the way the Queen's wrath tore at him, and all for reasons the Darkling didn't understand, destroyed her unwavering trust in the queen as surely as a hammer blow shattered a shrine of ice. For the first time in her life on this side of the Hedge, she felt uneasy in the company of her court...

T
    Tyler

"Emotion is not worthless. It is worthwhile. It is one of the things that makes us different from -Them-. So do not let others control you with your emotions by being easily provoked, or angered, or intimidated. The Icelaw is for our protection, not to make us lesser than what we are. Not to force us to rip away a part of ourselves- but to hide it." Thomas looked around the room, doing his best to meet everyone's eyes but the Queen's. He feared if he met hers, he would lose his words.

"As Winter's children, we are given gifts to help others realize these truths. We can remove sorrow from someone for a time, or help them remember sorrow so that they may come to terms with it, and overcome it. We can take the ability to feel the good, for a time, so they more appreciate it when it returns. We have many gifts available to us- and all should be used for the survival of the rest of the Lost. Survival isn't always pleasant- it can be necessarily harsh. But it is better than the alternative."
    Thomas looked around once more, and bowed his head in respect to the Queen, before stepping back to his place.

Persuasion
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-27 13:46:44 Thomas Attercap rolls 6 to Persuasion (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 7, 4, 8, 3, 8 2 successes

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Winter Mantle 5
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

PRE

Katrin remains silent as Thomas speaks, letting him express his opinion as he wishes. Once he is done she returns a simple not to the bow offered by him. "Unless anyone else have anything else to add," says the Fairest, looking around the room at each Lost present. "Feel free to talk amongst each other, yes?"

She pauses for a moment and then adds, "Enjoy the refreshments, and approach me privately if you have any other concerns, no?" With those words, she walks over to the table and serves herself a glass of lemonade.

Page 8 of 16 First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Last
Closed Thread