Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Cold, Hard Facts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Although Marcus parks his Jeep in back, he walks around and enters the antiques shop by the front door. He hopes that Katrin will be able to shed some light on the current situation.

Smudge

PRE

The hobo-Ogre had gotten the message and was hot-footing it towards Treasured, carrying the guitar case over his shoulder, every step brining a slight glass-clink from the many pockets of his long, dirty overcoat. After reading the article in the paper and then seeing it once again pinned to the bulletin board, Smudge knew a major ass-kicking was in order.

If it meant getting some sweet revenge, both for himself and Rust, then that was equally satisfying.

The thought made Smudge smirk, and as Treasured came into view, the Ogre sped up and entered the antiques store a minute or two behind Summer's Hunter.

"Marcus," Smudge said, giving the man a nod as he checked to make sure there were no normies about. "Seems like I need t' apologize for bleeding all over yeh car. Sorry 'bout that."

Stripes prowled his way up to the antique store and took a quick look around. There didn't seem to be anyone out on the streets, he quickly pulled out his phone and double-checked the message from Rick Pereg.

Being asked to look into this by the Autumn King himself was certainly nothing to sneeze at. Stripes smiled a bit and put his phone away. This would be a great chance to help the freehold from the sound of things. He pushes the door open and sees the other two changelings as he walks in.

"Hi, King Pereg said you might need some help?" Stripes greets the duo.

L

Weapons, first-aid kit, kevlar vest; all things Rick had made very, very certain he had with him before making his way to Treasured. Because when a Summer Courtier told you that things might get dicey you made sure that you came prepared. He left it locked securely in his car for now, though. Presumably they wouldn't be needed at Katrin's shop.

He flinches back from Smudge as he enters the shop.

It wasn't even something he could help, as deeply ingrained into his being as any of the falcon's instincts that still lingered within him. He'd been the pure, unspoiled, winds of a storm. The standard air pollution commonplace to a city bothered him, though he'd gotten somewhat used to that. The kind of smog that Smudge could give off, though, was something on an entirely different level. That he hadn't really been expecting it didn't help all that much either.

Probably not the best first impression to make on the Winter, but oh well. He does recover quickly enough, though, the look on his face somewhere between rueful and amused at the lapse in his composure as he offers the ogre a handshake. "Ahh...sorry, that's ingrained. A Kith thing for me, I guess."

K
    Kazakin

Danny entered Treasured on Rick's heels, shrinking back almost apologetically. He remembered all too well the last time he'd been here. He decided he was probably just lucky that he hadn't thrown lemonade down himself in abject terror. Still, the Wizened Smith kept a tight, nervous grip on his cane as he tried to swallow his discomfort at approaching the Queen of Winter, with the King of Autumn nearby.

And then he spotted Smudge, and broke out into a relieved grin.

The Smith liked Smudge. It might well have been something to do with the whole 'saving his life' thing. Oh, and Marcus too. A fellow craftsman. That was good.

"Hey, Smudge,"
    Danny waved awkwardly. "And... Marcus! Haven't seen you for a bit. Hi. Also hi everyone else."

One of these days, I'll walk into a room and not die of embarrassment.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

A few minutes after the ragtag group of Changelings walks into the store, Katrin finally comes out from behind one of the shelves in the back. She walks over to the group, her stride as graceful as always. "I thought I heard someone come in, yes?" she says to the group before walking over the front door and locking it. She also flips over the OPEN sign on the window, just to make sure their meeting is not interrupted by some antiques buyer.

"Make yourselves comfortable, no?" says the Fairest as she guides them to some vintage furniture in the back. Once they are all seated, she takes a seat as well. "Gentlemen, how can I be of help?" Her tone is cool and composed as usual, but at least Marcus knows that the Queen knows exactly why they are sitting around in her store.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus returns Smudge's nod and shrugs.

"No worries, mate. Let's just do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again, alright?"

The elemental gives the ogre a wink and a rueful grin before turning to greet the others.

"Stripes, isn't it... and Danny? Good to see you both again. I appreciate the help. Thanks for bringing reinforcements, Rick. It seems everyone from my court is otherwise engaged."

The Hunter of the Longest Day gives the Winter Queen a respectful bow of the head as she approaches. Following her to the sitting area, the metalflesh makes himself comfortable before getting straight to the point.

"Thank you for taking the time to see us on such short notice, Katrin. I was hoping that you could tell us a bit more about what Rust Mane was investigating for you. Whatever it was landed him in a coma in the ICU, and I intend to find whomever is responsible. Anything you can tell us will be a great help."

Smudge

PRE

Smudge didn't say anything. He really had no intention of going through it all again. Being under the watchful eye of one Betony Rue Jasons had been enough for one lifetime.

As Rick entered, the Ogre just shrugged. "I get that alot."

He gave a small smirk however, upon seeing Danny, nodding to him along with Stripes.

It was when the Winter Queen entered did Smudge really start to get nervous, and gave a deep bow, causing a trail of smog to linger behind him. He wasn't sure how long to hold the gesture for, not being one to bow on a daily basis, and so he stood straight after 10 seconds, following Marcus to the table.

K
    Kazakin

Danny made a little strangled noise when Katrin appeared slightly unexpectedly, and then when a sickly green colour as he blushed. He ran his tongue across his lipless mouth and bowed hurriedly, before scuttling to the table and sitting down. He wished he wasn't so easily flappable.

Was that even a word?

It must be. He figured someone could be unflappable, so he was probably flappable.

He couldn't stop seeing Katrin skating on that lake. His heart ached and he felt stupid.

Stripes gives a respectful bow to King Rick as he enters, eager to ask what exactly they're going to be chasing down today. Unfortunately the Winter Queen enters before he can say anything.

Stripes gives a bow to Queen Katrin before taking a seat at the table himself. He can't help but notice that he's been in the presence of court royalty a lot lately. The presence of more than one ruler is surely a sign of something dire. As such he remains silent as Marcus asks his question.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread