Animus enters the Wells Fargo Center and takes the elevator to the Twenty-Third floor. Once there, he looks for Eclipse's office. Spotting it fairly quickly, he knocks on the door.

Animus is shown inside by Eclipse's retainer, Lyle. He finds the Deacon sitting behind a desk, flipping through a sheaf of papers. He looks up when Animus offers, a small smile comes to his lips. "Animus. How nice of you to drop in. I was wondering when I might see you next. Have a seat." Eclipse gestures to the chair opposite the desk. "How have you been? I heard about the unfortunate situation with your cabal mate. My sincerest condolences..." He seems genuinely saddened.

Animus takes the offered seat, looking a bit haggard. "It's not the first time I've lost a cabal-mate to a strange artifact." He sighs. "Doesn't make it any easier, though."

Eclipse nods solemnly and is quiet for a moment, perhaps in respect for the dead. Then he asks "So, what brings you here to see me today?"

Animus relaxes somewhat at the change of topic. His voice is much more formal as he replies. "I wish to be acknowledged by the Consilium for attaining Mastery of the Life Arcanum."

Eclipse's smile returns to his face "Master Animus. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Congratulations. That's quite an accomplishment."

Animus simply nods, feeling a bit awkward at the praise.

"The Consilium acknowledges your accomplishment. The Vox Draconis does as well. Those with power go far in our Order, you know. Where do you see yourself applying your abilities?"

"In the immediate future, helping with Ruby's investigation of the Bismark, of course. Slightly longer term, I'd like to make contact with the city's werewolves. They could prove to be valuable allies in the future." Animus watches Eclipse's face, trying to gauge his reaction.

Eclipse nods. He arches an eyebrow when he mentions werewolves, but beyond that his expression remains neutral. "I'm interested to see how that works for you. Let me ask you a question. How would you feel about being made Herald of the Consilium? It might be a bit awkward announcing your own Mastery, but it is an important and honorable position that has long been vacant. "Feel free to answer in whatever way you like. You won't offend me, should you wish to refuse."

Animus hesitates for a few seconds, a bit surprised to have a position dropped in his lap. Finally, he nods. "I would be honored to accept the position."

Eclipse grins. "Fantastic. It will be good to have a Master as our Herald. I trust you understand what the position entails?"

"Of course."

"It's always good when we can keep these things in the Order." Eclipse reaches across the table, extending a hand to shake "Congratulations, once again. Master Animus - Herald of Sacramento. You can begin immediately by making your appointment to the position known throughout the consilium."

Animus returns the handshake. "If that is all ... " A slight inflection turns the statement into a question.

Eclipse nods "It is. Thanks for coming to see me. Let me know if there's anything at all I can do for you."

"Thank you, Deacon. I will." He rises and makes his way to the door.