Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Arranging the Office

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

Having switched offices, Ariana was putting away some things. Conner Greyson was also in his office and not far down the hall. With the Shadow's acute hearing, not much got past him. Lance Rayner was also not far that evening. It was the Avalon after all.

There were a few boxes on her desk to which just a few basic things were contained. There was a framed picture on the floor and it was rather large which was probably a gift from someone, much like the necklace she wore. The Lordess wore a simple shirt beneath a blazer with a knee length skirt. It was not fancy by any means, but arranging an office did not necessarily require a dress from Louis Vuitton.

The picture was leaned up against the desk, above it a hammer and a few nails. There were a few boxes of books on etiquette, writing and a few books on psychology. Several biographies on journalists including a book on Roxana Seberi. Her laptop was open and hooked up to speakers which played a song from Florence and the Machine. Her body swayed here and there to the rhythm of the music as she skirted around her office putting things away. There were several high back chairs and an office style sofa with which could easily accommodate more than a few people. Easily visible on her laptop were pictures of purple paper weights. Ariana had turned to check the door for Jim ( Lokio ) who mentioned he would be stopping by.

A few moments later, wearing a sharply cut black Hugo Boss suit with a light blue dress shirt and complimentary tie, James Calloway appeared. The Carthian held a bright, mixed bouquet of flowers, and smiled at the Seneschal as he stood at the threshold of her new office's door.

His Beast roared its salute at Ariana Donovan, a now-familiar presence at events, even if they had not had a great deal of time to talk. He wrestled it into control, resisting the urge to become something else and rend Ariana Donovan asunder before her guardians could arrive to protect her. Do not get yourself killed, James. And Beast? Shut your mouth. She's not the enemy.

The Beast Within grumbled and stirred into a temporary slumber, reminding him pithily of his Savage nature and how he was supposed to be rending and killing and all that. Old news, now, for the Taifa, who spent his life doing what he could to be civilized.

He bowed to the Seneschal and said, "Good evening, Seneschal Donovan -- oh, my -- have I cought you at a busy time?" He looked around and saw the boxes and stuff all over the place, and a grin bloomed on his face. "Might I be of assistance? Many hands make light work..."

If he was allowed, he would step inside, offer her the flowers and say, "I thought you might enjoy a housewarming gift."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Her beast moved about wriggling, at the still unfamiliar one who was in the doorway. "Please do come in Mr. Calloway." Ariana turned to the doorway with her classic grin. "I am just rearranging some items, not busy at all."

The redhead was by no means feeble, and she could have easily had Felix do some of the work. But it was clear that she did enjoy it when she shook her head to Jim. "That will not be necessary. I prefer to add my own personal touch to decorating and putting items away. This way I know where it is." Her hand gestured in an entering motion into the office. "Thank you for the flowers* they are quite lovely. I do not have a vase, so if you would kindly set them on my desk." Then she motioned to the chairs. "Please have a seat if you wish." She smiled, and leaned in a half seated motion in front of her desk. "What can I do for you this evening?"

James smiled and made his way in, placing the mixed bouquet on her desk delicately. It was rather pretty, he thought, and he hoped she would agree.

The Flowers

Taking a seat, he said, "Well, Court being as busy as it is, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your promotion... so I wanted to come by when you had a moment to talk, and wish you all the best in your new role. If you will permit me to say so, I believe you will be exceptional." He gave her a genuine smile. The Taifa was a bit flowery, but his heart was in the right place. "If ever I can serve, please, do not hesitate to contact me."

A
    Ariana Donovan

Watching as the flowers were placed on the desk, she wondered if James knew the Imperial lilies meant majesty and the red ones meant desire and passion among other things. Of course she hardly knew him so she assumed he just picked up something pretty and indeed they were. A smile slipped across her lips and she turned back to the Gangrel.

It was curious that James did not know her well, but could make that deduction. Ariana still sat on the edge of the desk and smiled with a gentle nod of her head. “Thank you Mr. Calloway, I also hope that your sentiment is correct.” She said with confidence, but not arrogance.

“Yes, Courts are always busy; official ones especially.” A hand rose up and made a rolling motion. “The themes seem to make everything more exciting. I do enjoy seeing the creativity of our Domain sometimes.” Her head turned slightly with a soft and curious grin. “Serve? What sort of service were you speaking of?” The hands of the redhead gently clasped on her lap as the music changed to another song.

James's foot began to idly go with the music. He liked the song -- and indeed, he had enjoyed the soundtrack for Court as well. He wondered if Ariana did the soundtrack for it, having been the Harpy who had organized Court. "Indeed, Court was most enjoyable. The costumes were lovely and I enjoyed the acts as well. My compliments to the organizers!"

As she inquired about the services he could render, he smiled and said, "Why, service to the Domain, and Florin, of course!" All innocent. His eyes might've had just the slightest of twinkles for a moment, as if he had had the urge to say something just slightly naughty and suppressed it. "As for the particulars, I hope that you will find me most adaptable for most any kind of service you have in mind. I do so try to stay worldly."

L
    Lazy Cow

Yekaterina had just recently arrived Sacramento, she had set anchor in the town and established a temporary haven, the chores had been time consuming but she knew she had other tasks to perform, most important among those was fulfilling the ages old tradition of presenting herself to the ruler of the domain to receive his blessing and authorization to stay and enjoy his protective umbrella and hospitality.

She set herself to leave the safety of her haven towards the Avalon, it was one of the possible places in her list where she believed it would be easy to find other kindred…

Yekaterina took a cab and arrived, she was greeted by the stingy bite of the cold night breeze, it brought her memories of much harsher winters in her motherland, it reminded her of darker and colder times, of suspicion and secrecy, the poison she had administered the enemies of the state.

Today she was clad in a dark purple dress, her high heeled shoes enhanced her lithe features, she was tall and slender, she had plush lips and a well coifed brown hair, her mysterious green eyes kept analyzing what happened around her, patiently waiting for something to happen.

At this hour the queue to the Avalon was diminished to a handful of people, she waited a few moments to get inside, once the bouncer opened the door she was greeted by the loud bass of dance music and the kaleidoscope of flaring lights, an hypnotic pattern that looped frenetically and stimulated the senses of the kine, keeping them dancing and enjoying themselves for hours, allowing them some respite of their daily tasks, in the day after they would continue to be drones and they would endure a week of work only to have the opportunity of a day of rest and relaxation.

She traversed the nightclub and went down the stairs to the basement, here she was supposed to find others like her… she adjusted her hair and lighted up a cigar, the small flame stirred her beast, the urge to run away form the flame was present, lightning a cigar was no longer something she could get used to but the pleasure and the habit was something too dificult to part with.

Yekaterina took a deep breath and steeled herself for the inevitable avalanche of foreign beasts…

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Thank you again. Herald Villiers and I put everything together. The posters, ambiance and such we were able to find and rent. Most of the music I already owned.” Ariana said as she thought back to all the planning, which was well worth it.

Laughing a little Ariana’s brow raised. “You keep saying service, yet you do not entirely define the type of service you wish to provide. If I may suggest, and if you have not already, working with the deputies is a great asset to the Domain.” As she finished her words she heard someone in the hallway, since her door was already open. “Excuse me a moment Mr. Calloway.”

The Lordess moved to the doorway and looked to one side and down the other hallway. She saw the woman in the purple dress of the heeled woman and moved to into the corridor. The copper haired Ventrue's beast growled against the lower beast it sensed. Ariana's smile quelled it for the moment. What was also not hard to miss was the fact she was smoking in the Avalon. In a place where there were laws of such, it was easy to spot and smell. “Good evening miss.” The redhead said in a pleasant voice. “I will need you to extinguish your cigar please. The State of California has prohibited smoking in clubs and most facilities unless properly licensed.” Ariana took that as a queue that the woman was definitely new to the area. “Please come in.” She gestured into her office and stepped aside to let her pass. There was still a pleasant smile on her face despite the unknowing woman.

L
    Lazy Cow

Arianna’s footsteps heralded her arrival, Yekaterina sensed the foreign beast, its claws pressing against her neck, her back, raking her innards inside out urging her to flee the stronger kindred vicinity.

Against supernatural advice she stayed, regaining her composure with icy calm.

She looked to the copper haired lady for a moment taking her time, even after she ordered her to extinguish her cigar she patiently enjoyed a last breath.

After that she extinguished the cigar, pressing it against a hard surface.

Through the entire exchange she remained silent, her face inscrutable and neutral.

She followed the Ventrue inside the office with wary caution and circumspection.

James chuckled. He had been a bit vague. But before he could respond, the Seneschal made her way into the hall; someone was out there. James stood up quietly and stepped aside from the chair, his eyes alert, old training triggering. He appeared relaxed, but in his eyes was a look of readiness, should this new Beast be a foe. He was no Deputy, but he would guard the Seneschal with his Requiem if it was needed.

However, as Ariana Donovan made her way back inside, inviting the newcomer in, the Carthian stood aside. His potent Beast roared at the weaker monster before him, a warrior rhinoceros sniffing and gearing up to charge, to burst forth from its cage without mercy in a flurry of claws and teeth. But over it stood its Civilized master, the leash in one hand and a harsh riding crop in the other. The Beast was brought to heel, albeit unwillingly.

His face was a polite mask, a small smile on his face, his body relaxed and ready. He raised his eyebrows to Ariana over the back of the new vampire's head, as if to say, Would you like me to stick around for this, or shall I go?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.