Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
MnG 8: Lux & Aenigma

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma chuckles a bit and then offers her a smile. "Well, you know they say there's no such a thing as a stupid question," he says to her in a friendly tone. "As far as the Great Sphinx goes, well there is some evidence that supports your claim. But the truth is, most Egyptologists assume that the Sphinx was built somewhere around 2500 BC, either during Khafre or Khufu's reign." The Mystagogue takes a sip of his tea before continuing.

"However, there is no hard evidence that truly supports those claims. That is not to say that there is hard evidence that supports the claims that I'm about to make," he says to the Thearch with a quick wink. "I am no expert, but while doing some research on the subject I found some interesting studies. Most of them from the late 80s through the mid 90s. In these studies, a few different astronomers and archaeologists made claims that the Sphinx of Giza may be approximately eight thousand years older than most Egyptologists would have you believe, dating it as far back as 10,500 BC."

A little smirk forms on the corner of the Warlock's lips. "Hard to believe, isn't it?"

OOC

Lux

PRE

"Oh, I would believe it. I think I've actually heard about some of those tests and theories that you're talking about, but I only remember them vaguely. I find it interesting that you bring up astronomers, though...Does this mean that you're a proponent of the Orion theory, the one that posits that the placement of the pyramids at Giza correlate roughly to the positioning of the stars that make up Orion's belt? I find that somewhat hard to believe, since the Pyramids were supposed to be the sun's rays personified, the physical representation of the 'staircase' the pharoahs used to ascended to the afterlife, and from what I've heard, the ancient Egyptians had very different views about the sun and the stars...'Course I could be wrong about that, since this isn't my field, exactly," she laughed, and then took a sip of tea.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma can't help but smile at her words. There is something he finds rather attractive about her. Perhaps the combination of cute redhead and just as smart as you, something he's had trouble finding in the past. Looks and smarts usually don't come in the same package, at least not in his own experience.

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm a proponent of the theory, but it is somewhat intriguing nonetheless," he says in response to the Thearch. "But you know, most of these theories are just that; theories. I would really love for the opportunity to travel there myself and do my own research, you know?" The Warlock pauses for a moment as he takes a sip from his tea.

"So...I don't mean to sound too forward, but would you like to...umm, like grab some coffee or something?" asks Aenigma somewhat awkwardly. All the confidence he was speaking with a minute ago seems to fade when the topic is no longer of a scholarly nature, and a tad bit more personal. "I mean, we are in a coffee house right now...but that's not what I meant...like maybe some other time or...just forget I said anything..." he lets his words trail off as his cheeks become bright red.

Should've stuck to what you know! Now she's gonna think you are an idiot...

Suddenly he wishes that a book would just manifest in front of him. That way, he could just bury his face in it and save himself any further embarrassment.

Lux

PRE

Lux paused, cup about halfway to her lips, when Aenigma asked the fateful question. The blushing was amusing, in a good way, and there was something about the scholar that she liked, not to mention that he wasn't hard to look at, but there was more to consider than just that. For one, there was her dating history, for two there was the slightly fractured relationship between her and her cabal-mates, and for three there was the minor matter of her position as a leader of what should be one of the loudest Orders in the Consilium, and when we she ever have bloody time to take an evening off (she was only here because the W in W was such a focul point of the community that she had to make time to visit it) and what about...

No, scratch that. Maybe it was time to start playing a little less carefully. The only way to live was boldly, to sieze what was offered and to have no doubt, or so a wise man had said to her not long ago. Perhaps it was time to take a page from one of her colleagues and just see what happened.

"Sure," Lux finally said, setting her cup down. "Here, why don't I give you my number and you call when you have a time and place in mind," she continued, writing a series of digits down on a napkin.
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The time it takes her to respond seems like an eternity to the young Warlock, during which his heart starts racing and his palms get sweaty. "Really?" blurts out Aenigma, slightly caught off guard by her response. "I mean, cool. I'll definitely give you a call." He can't help but smile, even though his cheeks aren't any less red than before.

Oh god. She said yes...now don't blow it!

The Mystagogue takes a sip from his cup, hoping that doing so will prevent him from saying anything else that would make him sound stupid. He savors the exotic flavors of his tea, collecting his thoughts and trying to keep his cool.

Lux

PRE

As soon as the answer was past her lips, Lux found the weight of everything else slip away, almost as though the choice itself had been a dam of anxiety, and now that it had fallen away she realized that she was actually looking forward to the date. Besides, it was kind of endearing to see someone so flustered over her.

"You should. 'Cause I really don't like to be stood up," the Thearch replied with a slight grin. "It'll be nice to take a break with good company. For the moment, though, I should probably get home and get some rest. I can only put off work for so long," she continued standing up.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

"Over my dead body," says the Warlock, trying to sound more confident and relaxed about the whole ordeal. "I'm a man of my word, so expect to get a call from me." Aenigma offers her a friendly smile as he says these words. "Of course, please don't let me hold you from your duties," he says as Lux stands up, and without even thinking about it he stands up as well. It is the polite thing to do after all.

"It was a pleasure speaking with you," adds the Mystagogue, the smile on his lips widening just a bit.

Lux

PRE

"It was good to get a chance to actually talk beyond just the usual superficial pleasentries. I mean, it's been what, two--three months since we first met? Well, anyways, take care of yourself. I'll see you later," she said, shooting him one last smile before departing.

Lux exits the scene

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread