Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Trax IV

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Open Hungry Streets Thread

Ever been to one of those seedy hole-in-the-wall bars around town. If not, you may be in luck. Don’t expect anything fancy here. Don’t expect to be treated like royalty. It is what it is and what it is may be necessity while you’re in South Sacramento. Trax is owned by Vorigan a rather eccentric British guy. He’s pretty familiar with this side of town. You might learn a thing or two if you can get past his eyes. There may be a pool table, juke box, dart board and a really big vase in the back corner of the bar. Need a drink, or perhaps something... stronger, this is the place to stop.

Note

S
    Selena

The tall thin Ventrue leaned on the back of the bar behind the counter. Vorigan was never seen without a cigarette in his lips or hand as he puffed away. He was half watching TV and half reading the newspaper. He felt like a babysitter as of late, having to watch so that the hooligans didn't do anything stupid. Roxie and Dog may not have been classy, but they were no one to fuck with... and he certainly knew better.

Not far from his feet, Hecate lay watching the door. Her eyebrows quirked now and again while hearing something outside. Vorigan had scanned over the police reports, and then the obituaries. His eyes rolled in occasion to see the idiots who thought they could get away with murder. This is why I do things myself. It was world news on the TV and he only glanced up when there was something on about the UK.

He was shirtless, and didn't care. But his leather jacket was a relic from the 80's. This too, he didn't give a shit about. As to why he was shirtless, who knew. It was his bar and his god damn preference to do what he pleased in the confines of it.

Sebastian entered the bar quietly. Standing at 5.11, the mekhet wore black cargo pants with a black long sleeved shirt. Both looked like they had seen better days.

The Beast noticed the tall fellow behind the bar before Sebastian did, and it took all the effort he could muster just to prevent himself from attacking on sight.

Damn it, that would be suicide. If I'm lucky I might just last a week or two here before they chase me out of town. Stay in control Seb, nice and easy like.

He glanced up at the owner as he took a seat at the bar, saying nothing.

S
    Selena

When the new one arrived inside, Vorigan's beast lunged inside. His multicolored eyes looked in the direction of the Kindred for a moment. He went back to reading the rest of the article. Wow, first it's Grandpa Badass, now this one. Age is not just a number.

After a minute or two, he folded the paper and set it on the back of the bar. One hand rested on the counter, the other was pulled up, elbow leaning on his ribs while he took a long drag of his cigarette and exhaled slowly. His lips slithered into a smile. "So, is there something I can get you?" His eyebrow raised over the green eye. "Or something I can help you with?" His voice was full toned with his British accent. The Lord's fangs slightly protruded, but it was a part of his regular smile. Some day he was nearly born to be a vampire...

Sebastian looked up, staring into the mix-matched eyes for a moment, before replying "Would it be cliché to ask for a Bloody Mary?"

He knew the joke was bad, but what the hell else was he supposed to say? Hi, I'm new in town, know where a man could find a few stray dogs?

Actually, that wasn't a bad idea.

"I'm new in town, know where a man could find some work, or some stray dogs?"

S
    Selena

Vorigan didn't move, but his brow quirked over the blue eye this time. "Stray dogs?" He looked over to Hecate for a moment while she looked back. His multicolored eyes moved back to the new vampire. "This is South Sacramento, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find them." He took another drag of his smoke. "So, new here hmm? Looking for anything in particular?" His body still not moving from his spot.

"Were you serious about the bloody mary?" What was it with vampires and bloody marys anyway.

"I'll pass on the mary, but I will take a scotch"

Sebastian shut his eyes for a moment. He had worked for his blood before, but it never worked out for long. Once somebody worked out what he was they all came with pitchforks out, like a mob out of cheesy Dracula flick. Still, even something short term was worthwhile.

"I'm not fussy, or squeamish. Anything that will earn me a favor or two." There was always somebody who could use some extra muscle, or someone who needed some wetwork done on the sly.

h
    hidro

Richard pulls up in his usual car park outside the bar, in the far right corner away from the enterance. he yawns, stretching behind the wheel lazylie. Richard had come to trax twice now, each time he'd met new kindred and seen a bit more of Sacramento, it was a good place to go when things where getting boring around the motel.

he steps out of the car, and takes his shades out from his jean pockets slipping them on and running his fingers though his hair. his normal slick black itallian suit is tonight replaced with a casual white short sleve shirt, snake skin boots and blue jeans. around his neck hangs a silver pendent and in its center a black stone with the figure of a starving looking man sitting on a horse.

richard walk to the bar door and enters steping into the bar, scanning the room before walking up to the bar. "Hey Vorigan, dirty martini, its been a long night..." richard takes a hip flask from his pocket and slides it down the bar to vorigan with a 50$ bill tied to it.. those with good sences might notice small dots of dried blood around the rim of the lid.. and it was still a little warm.

"don't mind if i supply the mixer do you?, i have particular tastes" richard looks vorigan up and down quizzically "as im sure you can understand" Richard flashes him a deliberately handsome smile, lifting his shades to show his yellowed eyes

Richard nods to the stranger politely after ordering the drink, feeling his beast wearily and extending a reluctant hand "Richard.. you new here?"

His beast lurched as the newcomer entered. Focus Seb, calm and cool
    "Sebastian" He said, as he shook the outstretched hand "rolled into town this evening."

He paused, trying to think of something to add. What did monsters make small talk about anyway, food? Or were you supposed to sit back and chat about the weather, trying hard to pretend that you were still standing around the office watercooler. Trying hard to pretend that you were something more than an abomination.

Nothing came to mind, so he remained silent.

S
    Selena

While Vorigan had poured the Scotch, he'd notice Richard come in. Well, his beast snarled while he was looking for the scotch, then he looked over. Having given him the once over, and noticing the snakeskin boots.

And people think I'm eccentric. Vorigan went about mixing the martini in a short glass with no stem. Which looked much like the same type of glass he poured the scotch in. "Uh. Particular tastes... sure. Personally, I don't like to mix the two. But to each their own." He slid the glaces to the two gentlemen respectively. And paused for a moment before wiping down the bar area again.

"So, Sebastian, where did you roll in from?" He looked from one beast to the other.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread