Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
You Bought a What?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Beej , Anubite25 , Lesingnon

Riverfront Park is fairly quiet this evening, and from the looks of it, they are the only people there as they pull up to the parking lot nearby. The young girl seems to have calmed down a bit, but she keeps her distance from Otto and remains close to Stripes. She doesn't really say much of anything, except for thanking them for the food, which she did eat a good deal of during their stop at McDonald's. It is pretty clear that she had not been properly fed at the Fleshmarket...which is no big surprise to the Beasts.

As the group walk up to the park from the lot, the little girl looks up at Stripes and asks, "are we meeting with your friends now?"

"That's the plan," Stripes nodded to the child.

He was thankful that the girl was warming up to him, and also to Otto for the food. The tiger chucked the empty cup that once contained a vanilla milkshake right into the garbage can before holding out a hand to the child.

"Mr. Pereg nice, so nothing to be scared of, Stripes assured the child. "Especially since I'll be right here with you."

The tiger means it too. It's not just the memories he gave up motivating him to stay with the girl, he also promised to stay with her to make sure she was safe. He had every intention of doing just that, she had already come very close to becoming a slave to the Gentry. Stripes knew first-hand what sort of hell that was for a child.

Of course King Pereg would know just how to help her. It wasn't clear whether she'd go back to the foster home or if someone in the freehold would take care of her yet, but for now Stripes was actually happy by her side. Saving a kid from the grip of the hedge, the idea that he'd denied the others a potential plaything felt good.

"Hey, just thought of something," Stripes realized, looking at the girl. "Don't think you told us your name yet."

B
    Beej

"Looks like Enzo's about to start counting his days." Otto says passing the cellphone to Stripes with the text messages showing.

The kid was scared and he didn't blame her, he had over reacted but at the time he didn't know what exactly was going on or what to think, literally. You leave a fleshmarket and a little girl pull's your wife's name out of you're head? Thats never a good sign. The best he could do is aplogize and try and make it up.

"Rick's nice guy. Hopefully you'll get to meet Terri too." Otto says to the girl, looking around as they walk. "By the," Otto stops and looks down at the girl. "I'm sorry how I reacted. People like Stripes and I are...very private. I'm not sure how much to go into but...our memories are..what we have left and when people can pluck them from our heads.." Otto pauses, looking for the right words. "Especially loved ones, it scares us because it means they could be endanger of ending up like us. I'm sorry." Otto paused again and considered his next admission and gave in with a sigh. "And in answer to your question, she grew old and...has many grand children and great grand children." Otto's face twitches as he forces down the weird emotional gurgle at talking about family to little girl and a changeling who probably wasn't much sharper than Al. "Now lets go find Rick." he says turning away and forces his face to look normal.

L

It doesn't take very long to find Rick. He's leaning back against a tree with a clear view of his surroundings, and he looks not the least bit amused. But given what fragments of information he has available to him at the moment...can you really blame him for that? His gaze snaps to the Changelings walking towards him as soon as he spots them, the storm winds of his mantle howling around him in agitation.

All in all, it's a decent reminder of why Kings of Autumn are also known as Dread Lords.

"Explain."

The little girl looks up at Stripes as they walk towards the park and says, "Maggie...my name is Maggie." She offers the Hunterheart a shy smile and then falls back to silence as she listens to Otto's apology and the rant that followed. Finally as they are approaching the tree that Rick is standing under she has an outburst of questions, typical of a girl her age.

"People like you and Stripes? Who is Stripes? What exactly are you? Why did you look so funny back in that awful place? Why don't you look like that anymore? How come your she has some many grandkids and great grandkids but you look so young?"

Before she can throw any more questions at them they reach Rick, and Maggie gets all quiet once again. She looks up at Rick with some curiosity, but doesn't say anything out of fear of being reprimanded by the man.

3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-01 11:39:03 Maggie rolls 7 to Aura Read (10 Again) 6, 8, 6, 3, 10, 4, 4, 8 3 successes

OOC

L

Stay out of my head
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-02 08:09:42 Rick Pereg rolls 9 to Com + Wyrd (10 Again) 5, 5, 2, 6, 10, 7, 9, 9, 2, 5 3 successes

B
    Beej

"Well that's not a good sign." Otto thought, taking the measure of the man and his mantle. He knew Rick wasn't the sort to just lash out and start cracking heads but still. The man did not look pleased.

l"Well..Myself, Stripes, Xerxia, Jack and Rook went to a fleshmarket to follow up a ead on Enzo. We split up; Jack and Rook looked into some stalls and Stripes, Xerxia and I ended up at one merchant with her," Otto motions to Maggie, "a young woman, a young guy and an old man." Otto glances at Stripes and then back at Rick. He realized he should probably back up the narrative a step, as it wasn't entirely accurate. "Actually we were looking for Enzo and a girl we knew he had abducted some months before on behalf Katie...she's somewhat new...uh Jack's date at you're wedding?" Otto prompted, hoping to joke Rick's memory. "At anyrate Xerxia was questioning the slaver about the girls matching the description of the friend when Stripes and I noticed Maggie here." Otto gestures to the little girl. "We both decided that we weren't just going to let her get auctioned off. So we haggled some and I managed to extend the final price of several of our memoreis to include her and the young woman." Otto pauses and rubs his forehead. The memory of buying someone and holding abosulte sway brought on a headache a touch of the panic crept back into his head. "Once we secured them we high-tailed it out of there, leaving Xerxia with Jack and Rook, as Xerxia had a possible lead.." Otto shifts and crosses his arms. "Once outside, we began questioning them, to figure out who they were, how long they'd been gone, if they remembered who took them. While questing the young woman...the little girl pulled my wife's name out of my head." Otto pauses again, taking a breath. "We sorted out the young woman; established she didn't have a fetch and it was Enzo who grabbed her and sent her on her way with a cab." Otto looks back at Stripes and Maggie before going back to Rick. "Once we figured out she was...telepathic and not..well at very least a normal human I thought the best cource of action was to bring her to you. Sort of rash, snap decision but if not explored could be really dangerous. Like if someone enscrolled her."

The little girl gives a little frown after looking at Rick for a few seconds, but then turns her attention to Otto as he speaks. She seems to be very confused by many of the things the otter is saying, but doesn't really want to interrupt him in the middle of his rant. However, once he has finished speaking Maggie tugs on his leg as she looks up at him.

"What's ensorcelled?" she asks him, and then her expression turns to one of those sad puppy eyes looks. "And why do you keep saying I'm not normal?"

L

His mantle does calm somewhat as he hears the tale. More specifically as he realizes the Changelings "bought" the two women with the intent to set them free.

"
    Be careful about what words you use." The girl didn't seem all that knowledgeable on their terminology. Or was pretending that she wasn't. Either way, no real need to use it too much. His tone does sound a touch distant, or perhaps distracted. The Dread Lord's unflinching stare carefully studying the girl.

Requesting a kenning roll from the ST, 1 wp spent.

Kenning

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread